Post Match Leicester 0 Slavia Prague 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going out like that will be a massive dent to the confidence, our better players will now feel they will never achieve anything here. What's the point in qualifying for the champions League if you get outclassed and out fought in Europa?
If that'd been the champions league we wouldn't have started with Amartey at right back and Hamza in midfield.

If that'd been the champions league we wouldn't have started with Amartey at right back and Hamza in midfield.
Amartey was purchased last time we were in the champions League.

Yes but we likely would have risked at least one of Castagne and Ricardo from the start
If it was the last 32 of the champions league it would have been full strength.

Well... what can I say about that debacle...

We were slow, lethargic and played far too slow. The team set up was wrong, Youri doesn't have the pace to play in the 10 role, hamza can't pass the ball well enough to play with another defensive midfielder and doesn't show enough to give the 2 centre halves an option. Albrighton and under don't produce enough and Vardy appears to have lost that blistering pace. He made some good runs but didn't run away from the defenders.
The passing was woeful... either pass it infront of the man to run onto it or to ping the ball in to feet... we were passing with no urgency today.
Set pieces were awful... surely we have someone in the squad who can regularly put the ball between the 6 yard box and the penalty spot?
I do think that such a performance was on the cards and should now give us the kick up the arse to get back to playing how we know we can play...

Not a good performance. But the way Brendan answered the questions afterwards - I think it was planned. He’s said to the players to go maybe 60% until 70 minutes and if we’re still 0-0 then go for it.
We might be out of the competition but it’s remarkable with out injuries and the amount of games being thrown at us this season that we are where we are.
I’m disappointed, but I still think overall we’re doing a very good job.
For the record - I think this cup should be switched back to knockout. The less rich teams playing loads of extra games? Who does that benefit, I wonder?

While we're talking about all the players that we're shit tonight. How about tielemans? He was terrible. Didn't get involved, didn't control the game. You need the big players to turn up and he was shit.
Agree although he was asked to play in Maddison’s position behind Vardy which is not his strength. He is far more effective picking the ball from the back 4 and dictating play from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566