Post Match Leicester 1 Arsenal 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I've been following the forum for years, home and abroad - but today was the day I decided to post ! Up the City!
About time too Rocky boy, we'd all been wondering for a while when you were going to bother your arse and get around to signing up and posting

I have just watched 15 minutes of highlights and my overriding emotions are pride and delight. What a wonderful bunch of players. I love LCFC.

As an old city supporter I'm delighted with our performance - no one mentioned that Arsenal had 3 world cup winners in their team - you know the team that thrashed Brazil - and they still couldn't beat us ?
Welcome, Rock Fox!

thats 3 consistent and decent performances against teams that we were expected to lose to. Its encouraging i hope we can perfornm as well against teams deemed similar. Special note to Konch, written off by many but imo has performed solid/decent in all 3 games

A lovely day. Obviously it would have been even better if we had won but still very good.

It began at the Kings Lock Tea Rooms among friends who know nothing about football. As I left to go to the match they said "Do you think they'll win?" "No" I said "I think they will lose. "Who are they playing?" "Arsenal" I replied "Oh" they said in a tone that suggested they had heard of Arsenal and also thought we would lose.

After the match I walked home along the river in lovely weather spoiled only by my worries about Cambiasso For the moment lets just say it was one of those precious days that combined football and summer sunshine and leave Cambiasso's rather startling introduction to English football to another post. .

We were excellent. The sight of seeing three of their players just walk straight off at full time delighted me. It meant we went under their skin. Every player worked their hardest, they work for the team as a whole and that takes massive spirit. It's a dying asset.

The problems with 442 were exposed again at times but Arsenal simply didn't move the ball quick enough. Morgan and Moore made an error on their goal which was a real shame as the pair of them were excellent otherwise. De Laet finally got his game together. Konchesky seemingly realise that this is his last shot and he probably isn't the best, so he's playing fairly intelligent at the moment.

Personally felt Hammond looked a little out of his depth. I counted five needless fouls which may have been deemed bookable another day. King however relished battling his international team-mate. Mahrez superb at times and Schlupp has a touch of League 1 Lloyd Dyer, it's either brilliance or totally garbage.

Ulloa looks simply brilliant. Everything you want from a target man and he's even tracks back. Nugent worked his knackers off today. It was lovely to see Vardy running at those tiring defenders too.

top stuff.

I also have the atypical plastic family behind me. Mum, Dad, son aged 6 and daughter aged 4. I sit in the Kop. The son asked me to sit down when the players came out which found slightly odd but gave him the benefit of the doubt as I'm over 6ft and it's not too much trouble missing out before kick off. However, he then spent the first half kicking my seat until I told him if he could stop that. At the same time, it was clear Mum isn't very interested in football. The daughter was drawing and kept dropping crayons on our row.

Then towards the end, I sussed this son was an Arsenal fan as he kept saying 'score' and cheering them on any time they did something decent. They left at 88 minutes and they were at Everton game. Despite sitting in the Kop, I now feel duty bound to reel in my language. Why they sit in the Kop when there's a family stand where it was free for under 8s (is it still?).

I really hope this isn't going to continue across the season.

Last edited:
.... spoiled only by my worries about Cambiasso For the moment lets just say it was one of those precious days that combined football and summer sunshine and leave Cambiasso's rather startling introduction to English football to another post. .

AGGHHHHHH!!! You can't leave it like that David!! Tell us what you are thinking or I won't sleep tonight.

I also have the atypical plastic family behind me. Mum, Dad, son aged 6 and daughter aged 4. I sit in the Kop. The son asked me to sit down when the players came out which found slightly odd but gave him the benefit of the doubt as I'm over 6ft and it's not too much trouble missing out before kick off. However, he then spent the first half kicking my seat until I told him if he could stop that. At the same time, it was clear Mum isn't very interested in football. The daughter was drawing and kept dropping crayons on our row.

Then towards the end, I sussed this son was an Arsenal fan as he kept saying 'score' and cheering them on any time they did something decent. They left at 88 minutes and they were at Everton game. Despite sitting in the Kop, I now feel duty bound to reel in my language. Why they sit in the Kop when there's a family stand where it was free for under 8s (is it still?).

I really hope this isn't going to continue across the season.
This can turn nasty. Keep us updated until your arrest.

A lovely day. Obviously it would have been even better if we had won but still very good.

It began at the Kings Lock Tea Rooms among friends who know nothing about football. As I left to go to the match they said "Do you think they'll win?" "No" I said "I think they will lose. "Who are they playing?" "Arsenal" I replied "Oh" they said in a tone that suggested they had heard of Arsenal and also thought we would lose.

After the match I walked home along the river in lovely weather spoiled only by my worries about Cambiasso For the moment lets just say it was one of those precious days that combined football and summer sunshine and leave Cambiasso's rather startling introduction to English football to another post. .

Spill! I noticed he disappeared down the tunnel during the second half.

Let me start with the positive. In the Everton game Kevin Phillips was completely baffled by the walkie-talkie and Steve Walsh had to leave his perch high up to get it to work. Today Phillips seemed to have a full command of it. This should not be dismissed as no doubt a lot of work went on at the training ground to get Kevin Phillips up to speed.

Gary Taylor-Fletcher was absent from the bench. This was a mistake. His role is vital. He usually sits next to Marcin Wasilewski glares malevolently at the pitch and nods agreement to whatever Marcin says. People like Drinkwater and Vardy knew to sit elsewhere but unforgivably nobody warned Esteban Cambiasso. Marcin began telling Esteban a long story and Cambiasso looked increasingly startled as though he was hoping it was a misunderstanding due to bad English. I have no idea what Marcin was talking about but it may have been about werewolves, vampires and other unwholesome Wasilewski relatives.

As for what was happening on the pitch others have pointed out the good performances. I will just add a few extra points.
If James and Drinkwater had been fit that King and Hammond might not have started. Well done to them especially Hammond who I did not think would be Premier League quality.
There was much criticism of Konch during the close season but he was superb.
Leonardo has looked an exceptional Premier League striker. I wrote in the close season that I hoped for at least ten goals from him this season. Now with Vardy alongside I would not be surprised at 15 or more. What has taken me by surprise is how good he is as a defender at opposition corners.
Mahrez was outstanding. I was surprised when he was replaced by Albrighton My guess is that Nigel wants Premier League experience to see a game out and this was why Albrighton and not Knockaert was on the bench.

Someone on 5live just said you've gotta expect a physical game against Pearson's leicester. I'd like to applaud the club for signing an entire new team this morning, there was me thinking we'd had a quiet summer.

That's the benefit of having Taggart, Walsh, Elliott and Sav in your team. We also score all our goals from set pieces, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566