Post Match Leicester 1 Arsenal 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was out today so just caught up with it all. As David G said others have summed up the performance. I'd just like to add

1. Really pleased with Nigel's attitude to these matches. Going out to win, not in a gung-ho way but in a manner that is pragmatic but ambitious, confident in the squad we have.
2. Well done Neil Lennon for correcting the Sky presenter who kept going on about our work rate and pointing out that we have quite a bit of talent too
3. Cannot wait to see Vardy start and run at these PL defences
4. Hammond and King. I remember after the Wigan away match on here where people were saying it proved how we'd struggle in the PL without James and Drinkwater. Hammond in particular won't be a regular but boy have they played an important role already.

In regards to Hammond and King.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they started our next game with James, Drinkwater and bloody Cambiasso on the bench. Remarkable really. Dean Hammond is likely to keep Estaban Cambiasso out of the side.

A sentence that genuinely breaks my brain.

I don't think Nige will change this side until injury or form forces his hand.

It's wonderful to be able to pick players on the basis of their form.

He did. How else could he have been on the bench?
I imagine our Nige was just trying to get him acclimatised and to get him used listening to Wasyl's stories, ready for when we finally find out if he's got international clearance or not

It´s like a horse wearing blinkers, isn´t it? What a Prize Pratt! He should be proud that his team managed to get an away draw, after their big result in Europe in midweek.

As usual no one is focussing on the real story.

What was the little girl behind Hazz drawing, was it technically proficient and did it add to her body of work?

It must've been heartbreaking for all the poor, misfortunate gooners that travelled fully expecting an entirely different result. Luckily though, it wasn't because of how well we played as a team, it was all down to Wenger.

Good to know Jimmy Savile's track suit went to a good home

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the benefit of having Taggart, Walsh, Elliott and Sav in your team. We also score all our goals from set pieces, you know.

Yeah. Arse would have won comfortably if it wasn't for Guppy's crosses

Let me start with the positive. In the Everton game Kevin Phillips was completely baffled by the walkie-talkie and Steve Walsh had to leave his perch high up to get it to work. Today Phillips seemed to have a full command of it. This should not be dismissed as no doubt a lot of work went on at the training ground to get Kevin Phillips up to speed.

Gary Taylor-Fletcher was absent from the bench. This was a mistake. His role is vital. He usually sits next to Marcin Wasilewski glares malevolently at the pitch and nods agreement to whatever Marcin says. People like Drinkwater and Vardy knew to sit elsewhere but unforgivably nobody warned Esteban Cambiasso. Marcin began telling Esteban a long story and Cambiasso looked increasingly startled as though he was hoping it was a misunderstanding due to bad English. I have no idea what Marcin was talking about but it may have been about werewolves, vampires and other unwholesome Wasilewski relatives.

After Lee Child and John Grisham you are probably my third favourite writer David. Marvellous stuff :038:

I imagine our Nige was just trying to get him acclimatised and to get him used listening to Wasyl's stories, ready for when we finally find out if he's got international clearance or not
I'm sure I heard on BBC Leicester before the game that he had clearance.

I'm sure I heard on BBC Leicester before the game that he had clearance.
If only it was that simple. Apparently, the whole deal could fall through unless he produces his baptism cert by the weekend as well.
It's not knowing one way or the other that's wrecking my bulb

Last edited:
If only it was that simple. Apparently, the whole deal could fall through unless he produces his baptism cert by the weekend as well.
It's not knowing one way or the other that's wrecking my bulb
Today the Birch is giving him a guided tour of the city, showing him where Granny's and Adam and Eve used to be. He wouldn't be wasting his time if he wasn't going to sign, surely.

Today the Birch is giving him a guided tour of the city, showing him where Granny's and Adam and Eve used to be. He wouldn't be wasting his time if he wasn't going to sign, surely.
This could go on for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570