Post Match Leicester 2 Blackpool 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only just got in and checked the score. Delighted with the result :) Brilliant to see us finally get into the top 6. Let's hope we keep moving up for the rest of the season now!

Only 11 points off the automatic places ;)

I hope you guys are wrong, he is a crap commentater who airs his negative opinions about players far to regularly, but to accuse him of being racist, is I think a step to far. We all have our favourite players, and the ones we don't like can never do anything right, their colour doesn't and shouldn't come into this, if it does then that person is being racist. I don't think Young falls into that category, he's a prat yes but that doesn't make him racist.

Young doesn't like Bamba because he's black. Any player he refers to as 'Mr' something is someone he doesn't like. Co-incidentally, he refers to most of our black players as 'Mr'.

Hey Chris - you can feck right off with that kind of character assasination on Alan Young.

If he ONLY uses Mr when referring to a black player, you may have a point. The reality is the lovable rogue probably can't remember ther first names, just like we say "hello love" to the lady in the paper shop, because we cant recall her real name.

If he called every black player Mr and said negative comments about every black player's ability, you may have a point because that's racism, when you can see past someones skin colour to see the real person inside the skin.

As we all know that's not the case - you are barking up the wrong tree and deserve to be placed in a locked room with Mr Young for 10 minutes with the door locked. He may teach you some manners, respect & humility

Last edited:
The reality is the lovable rogue probably can't remember ther first names, just like we say "hello love" to the lady in the paper shop, because we cant recall her real name.

You know very well that's a young man and he hates it when you call him that

when you can see past someones skin colour to see the real person inside the skin.

I hate it when I see people without skin

you are barking up the wrong tree and deserve to be placed in a locked room with Mr Young for 10 minutes with the door locked.

...and the windows. Do NOT forget to lock the windows. And the floor

Really enjoyed that. Pretty even first half, second half we completely dominated, especially after Danns came on, who was class and the best I've seen him play by a mile. Probably deserved to win by more than 2 in the end in all honesty, Nugent seemed to do everything but score and their keeper pulled off 2 absolutely stunning saves, one in either half.

Konchesky MOTM for me though, couldn't disagree more with whoever it was who said he was getting turned all game, to me he was so calm and composed throughout the game.

Re: Bamba, didn't really do anything wrong, bar miscalculating a high ball which was coming down and that had nothing to do with him being a "flicky dicky" or whatever Alan Young calls him. Mills' abysmal wayward passing put us under pressure far more than Bamba did in that game.

Last edited:
Was he still having a go? Unbelievable. Bamba is absolute class. What on earth was he moaning about?

Sol did make one error, he slipped and let one of their attackers through. Other than that though he was solid.

Mills on the other hand................

I can see Nigel trying SSL and Sol unless Mills shows signs of improving.

Also, I have to say King and Wellens both look completely different players under NP than they did under SGE, both excellent again tonight.

Pearson just took the piss out of Stringer...haha, brilliant.

In his previous reign, I used to think Nigel despised Stringer. This time round I think he is determined to just have a laugh at his expense!

I personally felt Bamba & Milla were poor, Lua Lua's movement had them all over the shop and I was rather pissed at Bamb's needless fouls in the second half inviting pressure.

A job well done eventually, Blackpool's movement earlier on was superb and we struggled to contain it. Incredible how more motivated the players appear. I am beginning to feel sorry for Beckford second game in a row with a lot of effort and little reward.

Last edited:
Hey Chris - you can feck right off with that kind of character assasination on Alan Young.

If he ONLY uses Mr when referring to a black player, you may have a point. The reality is the lovable rogue probably can't remember ther first names, just like we say "hello love" to the lady in the paper shop, because we cant recall her real name.

If he called every black player Mr and said negative comments about every black player's ability, you may have a point because that's racism, when you can see past someones skin colour to see the real person inside the skin.

As we all know that's not the case - you are barking up the wrong tree and deserve to be placed in a locked room with Mr Young for 10 minutes with the door locked. He may teach you some manners, respect & humility

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, tbh.

Also, I'm surprised by the ugly football comments.

It was a decent enough first half, but in the second half, especially after Danns came on I thought we played some really exciting football.

What was the nature of the put-down? :icon_lol:

Stringer said Pearson was rushing to see him and Pearson said 'when have I ever rushed to see you?' then he warned Stringer that he was going to go back to the Pearson of old in interviews in the next week with all the pre-Hull build-up.

Last edited:
I personally felt Bamba & Milla were poor, Lua Lua's movement had them all over the shop and I was rather pissed at Bamb's needless fouls in the second half inviting pressure.

To be fair to Alan Young, that was his main gripe about Sol, that he does sometimes give away needless fouls as well as taking risks in dangerous situations.

He has seen every game this season so when he said that he rates Sledger as a better centre back than either Mills or Bamba on recent form, I'm not going to argue with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669