Post Match Leicester 2 Blackpool 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean, Hazzman.

He's not the type of player I thought he'd be at all when we signed him. I thought he'd be a brave, tough tackling, no nonsense stopper who is great in the air and a great communicator in the Walsh/Elliott/Taggart mould but he's not that kind of player at all from what I can see of him.

Seems to be more someone who just waits for the ball to come to him and then deals with it. Doesn't seem to make much of an effort to "attack" or "dive in" to the ball in the way those mentioned did (or the way Bamba attacks the ball when it's in the air) either on the ground or in the air.

Not saying anything about his ability or whether that's right or wrong, but I just find myself scratching my head when I see people comparing him to Walsh (in terms of playing style) or calling him a brave (don't want to start that debate again, but you know what I mean) and tough tackling, non nonsense player. I must be watching an entirely different player, because I don't see that style of play from him at all.

Last edited:
Maybe I didn't say that in the right way....

When he started he was a complete waste of space and I wanted him out, but now I am growing more confident in him with each game. He defended very well. The distribution needs some work but how many championship defenders are actually that good at playing 50-yard passes? It seems to be a common, easy complaint for all centre backs.

Saying that he played badly but defended well is just like saying Gally was shite against Palace apart from the two screamers.

Saying that he played badly but defended well is just like saying Gally was shite against Palace apart from the two screamers.

No, it's not. If Gallagher had given Crystal Palace 2 goals then you may have had a point. If it was Mills who was stopping everything, including the the times he gave the ball away you may have a point, but often it was his fellow defenders who had to stop the attacks which he had caused by him needlessly giving the ball back to Blackpool.

Besides, I never said he defended well, I said he was fine defensively. He was hardly great, but he didn't cause us any real problems with his defending, as he did his passing, which put us under pressure on several occasions and his fellow defenders, particularly the two full-backs, had to dig him out of it on several occasions too.

As said, I think it was simply a case of him having a poor game against Blackpool that's all. He's been much better than that for us this season.

Last edited:
Well I think if anyone can get the best out of him, it'll be Pearson. He obviously rates Mills as he's started him in all games so far and must see something there. Hopefully he can do with Mills what he did with Jack Hobbs.

Yep, let's hope you are right! He's shown at times he can be a good defender this season, but he's just been far too inconsistent. Hopefully NP can get him to be a lot more consistent.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a Bamba/St Ledger partnership given a proper go, just that Mills is club captain so it probably makes it difficult for Nige to drop him.

A poppy? Glorification of war?

What are you on?

:017:

Ha :D I thought that'd go down well.

What I said was no more ridiculous than calling the woman in the bank a fundamentalist.

Let's say this woman had family killed by British soldiers. Wouldn't it be fair enough for her to want to avoid anything that glorifies British soldiers? It doesn't mean she's a religious fundamentalist. She could just be a victim of our shitty foreign policy.

She could just be a bigot, of course, but then she'd be in good company.

What I said was no more ridiculous than calling the woman in the bank a fundamentalist.

Let's say this woman had family killed by British soldiers. Wouldn't it be fair enough for her to want to avoid anything that glorifies British soldiers? It doesn't mean she's a religious fundamentalist. She could just be a victim of our shitty foreign policy.

So now you are suggesting that a poppy 'glorifies' British soldiers.

Have a word with yourself.

Amazing.

Are you for real?

If the story had involved a ham sandwich, as I thought, then describing her as a fundamentalist wouldn't be ridiculous at all.

In whose company? In the bank?

I'm talking about the woman in the bank, not the sandwich racist.

We live in a country full of Daily Mail readers. The bank woman sounds like the Muslim equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669