Post Match Leicester 2 Burton 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and Hazza disappear and then reappear at the same time. Hmmm
Hazzman started dating someone (sorry for the Americanism) and suddenly didn't have time for TB, dd says he has been too busy shagging to get on the site, now they're back on the internetz at the same time. Hmmmm indeed

Ooo, looks like we're getting Noone in. Nice.

Craig-Noone-celebrating-007.jpg

Most successful managers in my view 90% have an instant impact or at least a very quick impact, managers like fergie (who people use as an excuse to stick by the manager) are a rare situation. Our main issue I believe is we not clinical enough, we have players capable of scoring which to me leads to it been a coaching/tactical issue, so basically management, certianly I think getting rid of vassell was a poor management decision, just about every team we played against with vassell in the side saidf he scared them.

We leaking goals but that I believe is linked to the lack of scoring issue, the longer we go in a game trying to score the more likely we will make holes at the back trying to score, this will inevitibly lead to conceding goals. Great teams can get goals from just 1 or 2 players forward. The warning signs were in the first game which although we won we needed a LOT of chances to score and ultimately we wont be playing a poor peterborough side every week.

Because my belief is if a manager will work out it will 90% of the time be quick, I would support a move to sack pearson if we getting nowhere by end of september. I feel if we getting nowhere and they wait until later than december it will be too late to recover the season.

The only time in recent history I remember us been clinical was when we had naughton and yakubu in the side. We seemed to score goals for fun then.

Last edited:
I actually agree with Hazzman. Apart from sacking the manager now being wrong because it is far too premature to judge, doing so causes far too much upheaval (& expense) to change managers who then ship in and out more players and above all, this upheaval is highly unlikely to produce a settled team that turns in good results to gets promotion. As with Reading FC last year, we have to give Pearson longer. I'm not saying I'm sure he will succeed, because I am NOT sure, but I am sure that sacking the manager is a futile act in terms of thinking it will gain promotion this season. The die is cast; we have to stay on board for the season and see if the coach (pun intended) arrives at destination promotion or destination mid table. If by the end of the season Pearson has failed miserably then that will be the owners most opportune and economic time to make a managerial change at a lower cost and gives a new manager the best chance to make a difference with a preseason a new transfer window and not destablise the players at the worst time.

Like Hazzman I am not at all convinced that the season under Pearson is going to bring more failure. Firstly, the club looked better than Peterborough, Charlton and Blackburn. I think one needs more games to show whether the team continues this type of form and actually starts winning most of them - or not. The cup game last night with a greatly weakened team was not at all indicative. Secondly, in the next few games Pearson will probably adjust & tweak his CHAMPIONSHIP team selection into the best and most potent blend. He has already shown (at Blackburn) that he realises that King is better than James. Who is to say that he won't adjust further in the next league game to address other weaknesses (eg Dyer on the wing is one in my view that he is going to make in the Championship). I also think Pearson needs to rethink whether playing with 2 wingers is sound or not... but he needs time to give it a bit longer.... and then time to change it if needed.

Just as some people have pointed out, Pearson's post match comments are very revealing. He was very angry and was more directly critical than he has ever been about players not doing well enough and that this will result in team selection changes for the next game. In other words, he has seen for himself that James isn't good enough, that Schlupp and Waghorn are not good enough to name but three. I think he knows already now after our false start that Dyer is not good enough. So give the man a break and give him a few more games to see if we are going to climb the table or not. Even if we don't climb after a few more games, we should still not change managers not least for the reasons stated at the beginning of this post. Even if after 10 games we are not where we want to be, you never know if the manager might turn it around later on like Reading's manager did. A certain Martin O'Neill turned it around from the 14th game... Give him longer everybody, and if he fails, the Thais will act in the summer. I hope they don't react before then.

nicely written but its written as if pearson's first game was this season, he was with us for most of last season as well, so has had far more than 14 games already as well as a preseason.

I am confused because there is mass hysteria amongst a section of our support demanding blood for manager. This is all down to losing a game against lower league opposition; an event which happened to West Ham and Reading (who lost at the first hurdle of both cups) last year yet still went onto complete their overall goal of promotion. Our primary aim of the season is of course promotion. Interestingly both of those clubs had a wobble and stuck with their manager. Reading in fact after a victory in their second game went on a four game losing streak scoring a goal over those games but they stuck by their man in acknowledgement that upheaveal killed them a season when getting rid of Rodgers after a poor start the previous term.

Blackpool often cited as a club we should be emulating also lost in the League Cup playing a weakened team. Yet amongst this section of this City support, they are a club we should be emulating and there's no way (all because of a 6-0 win over shitty Ipswich) we are going to beat them on Saturday (despite being their bogey team over the past few seasons).

The main criticism at Pearson after this loss...the eight changes yet the country's very best managers do this year after year in this competition. Ferguson and Wenger blood the kids because they want to avoid playing more midweek games with 6 Champions League games.

If you look at Cardiff and Palace, a League Cup run killed their seasons. Ask Rhydal, after an exhausting Christmas period...they had fixtures galore in January and they were cruising a long but it was just all too much, come May they played West Ham looking exhausted.

All in all besumed. Some of the boneheads should just show some grace, applaud Burton on an excellent victory and leave it at that.

not really. Thats just how you see it.

If we had won all our league tables and joint top with blackpool but still lost this game I dont think anyone would be calling for his head.

The reality is we were not great under him for 2/3 of last season and we have had a quite bad start in the league as well unable to score goals when got possession.

Our main issue I believe is we not clinical enough, we have players capable of scoring which to me leads to it been a coaching/tactical issue, so basically management, certianly I think getting rid of vassell was a poor management decision, just about every team we played against with vassell in the side saidf he scared them.

That point right there is exactly why it isn't always down to bad management. Pearson can't finish off chances himself. Like you say, we have players who are more than capable of finding the net - but it's they who have played their part in costing us points so far.

On another day we'd easily have seven points by now after dropping at least four in our last two matches.

Not that anybody gives a shit, but where were you dd? :icon_bigg

working, shagging, drumming, running. basically.

You and Hazza disappear and then reappear at the same time. Hmmm

Hazzman started dating someone (sorry for the Americanism) and suddenly didn't have time for TB, dd says he has been too busy shagging to get on the site, now they're back on the internetz at the same time. Hmmmm indeed

It's all there.

That point right there is exactly why it isn't always down to bad management. Pearson can't finish off chances himself. Like you say, we have players who are more than capable of finding the net - but it's they who have played their part in costing us points so far.

On another day we'd easily have seven points by now after dropping at least four in our last two matches.

yes but its management who coach players, tell them how to use techniques, manage their confidence and so on. A player can be prolific for one club, move and then be a donkey. Given we now appear to have multiple donkeys the common factor is the club.

yes but its management who coach players, tell them how to use techniques, manage their confidence and so on. A player can be prolific for one club, move and then be a donkey. Given we now appear to have multiple donkeys the common factor is the club.

Some players have purple patches and some score goals for fun on a regular basis. The latter don't tend to stick around at this level for too long. Nugent, our top goalscorer, is in and out of the side, Beckford has never found the net above League One on a regular basis and Vardy is still finding his feet at this level. Give it time - but don't put the blame elsewhere.

If you seriously believe Pearson and the coaching staff are responsible for missed opportunities you are incredibly deluded. That's a terrible argument I'm not even going to bother wasting my time creating a better response for.

They aren't though, are they. Nugent and Beckford both had a good scoring record last season. You can coach all the technique in the world, but if a player is low on confidence they will snatch at chances.

Have you ever actually played a game of football in your life? Or played any sport?

If so, you'd know that was complete bollocks and when you are in poor form or are going through a bad spell or simply having a bad game, it's nothing to do with the manager. It's nothing to do with technique, sometimes you just have a bad game or enter a run of bad games.

Whatever he turns out to be, Cardiff will still **** things up at the end of the season as ever.

Their fans must actually be more deluded than ours if they think they are actually going to go up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669