Post Match Leicester 2 Everton 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost everyone gave a decent account of themselves, after they calmed down. Early on, Knockaert was trying to do too much but then became more controlled and was giving them real problems. Towards the end Mahrez was excellent. de Laet was maybe too cautious throughout and some of Moore's clearances were a little panicky. But an excellent game overall and not an undeserved point.

My thoughts:

Schlupp made a difference when he came on.
Mahrez was superb throughout.
Anthony struggled.
De Laet....well....he's pants defensively. Hoping Albeighton can provide support when fit.
Ulloa superb.
Fitness showed at the end. Credit to Pearson.
We are in need of 2-3 better players. Midfield enforcements and full backs. Nothing we don't already know.
We should have been playing against ten men.

We didn't win the second ball when defending set pieces which caused us real problems. This will be related to the midfield.

All in all it went about as if expect. Dangerous going forward, good central defense, soft at the wings and lacking a touch of depth.

I reckon one or two additions and we will be just fine.

Last edited:
My thoughts:

Schlupp made a difference when he came on.
Mahrez was superb throughout.
Anthony struggled.
De Laet....well....he's pants defensively. Hoping Albeighton can provide support when fit.
Ulloa superb.
Fitness showed at the end. Credit to Pearson.
We are in need of 2-3 better players. Midfield enforcements and full backs. Nothing we don't already know.
We should have been playing against ten men.

We didn't win the second ball when defending set pieces which caused us real problems. This will be related to the midfield.

All in all it went about as if expect. Dangerous going forward, good central defense, soft at the wings and lacking a touch of depth.

I reckon one or two additions and we will be just fine.

I really don't understand how anyone can moan about De Laet but praise Schlupp.

There was a run followed by a good cross that Wood should have done better from.

Yes, and many more that went nowhere. To me, he was the only one who looked completely out of his depth and I'm not even including his miss in my judgement.

I enjoyed that. It was a proper football match. We were naive at times in possession and in our challenges. We need to learn how refs interpret things in this league quickly. Everton wanted to win without getting out of second gear and nearly ended up losing. They were patently superior to us individually in most areas but our team ethic and application levelled the contest. We now need to do that 37 more times!

Several players stepped up and performed admirably. Notable for me were Morgan, Moore, Konchesky, King, Mahrez and Ulloa. All did very well.

We were let down by De Laet in the first half whose positional sense was awful. He froze because he wasn't even getting forward like he usually does. Knockaert for me was his indulgent and naive self. A waste of a place in the team. And I agree that Schlupp was especially poor when he came on. Everton were tiring, Schlupp had the pace to be a key player but on several occasions he patently hid from the ball. He needs to grow some balls.

Squad-wise, we shouldn't ever be needing to have someone like Tom Hopper on the bench. We need two or three additional players quick. Whatever the reasons are for our disappointing lack of activity this summer needs to be sorted out.

I do not understand why when we defend corners we do not have someone outside the box. 2 or 3 times we made good defensive headers out but they were immediately picked up by Everton and presented a second attacking threat. We do not need to defend 10 against 8 or 7

I really don't understand how anyone can moan about De Laet but praise Schlupp.

Why? Schlupp was brought on as an attacking threat, made several good runs and had his full back on his heels. He cocked up his chance but he made a great run to create it .

De Laet got toasted all game defensively.

We didn't win the second ball when defending set pieces which caused us real problems

You're absolutely right there. We need to re-think our positioning at set pieces because there are better teams than Everton at them and we looked very vulnerable.

You're absolutely right there. We need to re-think our positioning at set pieces because there are better teams than Everton at them and we looked very vulnerable.

Yeah. Conceded the first that way and had several other moments of panic. It's an easy fix....just drop the last man a bit deeper and we should be fine.

@GaryLineker Just saw quite possibly the worst one on one finish in PL history from Leicester's aptly named Schlupp.

A great start and we've proved that we can score at this level.

Just about the perfect result: if we had squeezed a win, we might be tempted to ignore the weaknesses. Someone, earlier in this thread, said, "Who needs Deeney, we've got Wood": there is a serious side to that, we have a finite budget and we probably need more midfield recruits (even IF Cambiasso does join). I was pleased with Morgan, whom I thought might struggle at Prem' level, but both fullbacks need at least cover and quite possibly replacing. Let us hope for a few decent signings before the window closes.

Feck me, I enjoyed that. Absolutely feckin' loved it.

Morgan and Moore were wonderful. King and Ulloa were outstanding. Mahrez looked to have real potential at this level, and Nuuuge worked his bollocks off.

Gotta love 'em

Knockeart and De Laet, however were complete steaming turd awful, which was a shame

Onwads and upwards, you Premier League beauties...

Schlupp was awful, De Laet looked nervous and Knockaert slightly naive, other than that, everyone put in a good shift for me. Special plaudits for King, Mahrez and definitely Moore who all had a great game.

I'll agree with De Laet but contrary to others I thought King was also pretty awful. Knockaert was his usual running around non stop but then trying something clever which didn't always come off. Nuge and Wood seemed to have a good understanding. Wes played well.

It was one of the best atmospheres I have known, perhaps because my part of the stadium (West stand) is often fairly empty or full of "irregulars" whereas today it has obviously been filled with people who have relocated from other parts (new STs?) who wanted to sing.

There were quite a few Everton fans around us who all jumped up and celebrated their goals, which surprised me given that the game was so difficult to get tickets for. Some people near me tried to get them ejected but the stewards were having none of it. They did politely applaud our goals afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669