Post Match Leicester 2 Everton 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that did disappoint me was how much of a moaning, whining twonk Baines is.

It was something we remarked on at the game, ever time there was a decision against them the Everton players had words with the ref, not always the same player but someone always questioned his decision.

I thought Naismith was the worst affender but I do it being remember Baines on several occasions

MINS PLD KM MILES
Leicester total 113.3 70.4
Andy King 90 12.1 7.5
Riyad Mahrez 90 11.8 7.3
David Nugent 90 11.6 7.2

Everton total 109.8 68.2
Steven Naismith 90 12.5 7.7
Gareth Barry 90 11.8 7.3
James McCarthy 90 10.9 6.8
Data courtesy of the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, the Official Player Rating Index of the Barclays Premier League

Maybe someone can sort that it all looks jumbled.

Last edited:
Andy King - An utter revelation, to play against Barry and look the superior player is a real endorsement for the lad.

Moore & Morgan - Simply played like one player, matched each other so well and always knew where the other one was, Lukaku could get no time and this was key, Morgan my MOTM for the pure warmth it gave me every time I saw him beat Lukaku to a ball or simply physically beating him.

Konchesky - Had a good game for a player I think is a weak spot, Everton were far happier to exploit our other side.

Riad - Oooozez that quality and makes things look easy, dancing through the defensive line on occasion.

Ulloa - Been a while hasn't it? A big physical striker with top touch and lovely technical ability. Was very surprised with his pace.

------------

RDL - Well off the pace in the 1st half, everything Everton did came down his side due to fact they were having so much joy. Going to need to learn very quickly at this level. Also didn't use his blistering pace nearly enough when the opportunity presented itself.

Young Jeff - Christ on a bike this bloke has absolutely no footballing brain, the upside to this is that if he hasn't a ****ing clue what he's doing next then the defence certainly doesn't. That shot summed up his technical ability perfectly, i'm sure if would end up like that 9/10

Fans - Wow, it was actually really refreshing hearing the roar when we conceded, they were genuinely behind the team and it shocked me a bit. Was nice to sit at the back of SK1 and actually enjoy a 90 mint atmosphere, although some of the new songs those lads sing seem a bit excluding seeing as no ****er can tell what they are saying. Crowd need to be patient when we lose the ball.

Everton fans were a bit shit actually, unless I just couldn't hear them because the KOP actually sang for once?

Overall a bloody excellent day, not celebrated goals that genuinely down the KP stadium in such a long time.

Just danced around the room seeing one of our goals in the ending credits of MOTM... so ashamed :icon_lol:

The situation in the dugout is so extraordinary that it threatened to overshadow the game for those close to it and I will give it a separate post.

Coming to the game up Filbert Way there was a man in his late 30s making obscene gestures to the Everton fans in the passing buses - I don't mean the V sign. I mention this because many of us learned to love football going with their dad. Anything that makes a dad hesitate about taking a young child to a match damages the future of the game.

Arriving inside the ground I was warmly greeted by the same old group. There can be a camaraderie among fans who live very different lives outside the ground. I was pleased to see the regulars and they seemed pleased to see me. Not enough is made of this as one of the pleasures of football.

Everton's first goal was either very lucky or pure brilliance. I think it was brilliant. They finished the second one superbly as well. A perfect defence would let in nothing but I think it was good Everton attacking rather than bad Leicester defending. Our goals were taken well but came through Everton ineptitude. They were the side with the defensive problems.

A number of Leicester players looked Premier League class. Morgan must be mentioned because people wondered whether he could cope at this level. Moore looks physically bigger. He is an inexperienced player but did well enough to justify being chosen over Marcin.

Last year Leicester were willing to give the opposition lots of possession in areas that did not matter. This was OK last year when we were ahead. In the long run it is not a wise tactic when you are behind.

How pleased Wood must have been to score after all the talk of going back to the Championship. He must have risen in the pecking order. While Nugent did well I think Leonardo will flourish playing along side Vardy. His goal must have given him confidence that he is a Premier League striker.

The team showed character to come back twice against a side which lets face it has more talented footballers than us.

Last edited:
For me the entire game was in danger od being overshadowed by Ben Hamer's beard. I had expected to be concentrating on Kevin Phillips performance. This began well when he seemed to be having problems with the machine to communicate with Nigel Pearson. This was reaching Mr Bean proportions until Steve Walsh came down to the dug out presumably to tell Kevin that there was an On-switch.

Even Kevin's technological ineptitude with which I could empathise could not grab the attention away from the Ben Hamer beard. I saw a photo of it when he arrived at the club and a headline about Pearson telling him to get rid of it. Seeing it love it seems to have got worse. This is not the grizzled menace of a Wasilewski. This is the kind of beard grown by a man who hopes to one day become Father Christmas.

It needs to be pointed out that the beard is genuine. I say this because it has the look of a false beard Groucho Marx might wear if he wanted to make it clear that the beard was false. With all due respect to players like Mario Balotelli and Jamie Lawrence it makes Ben Hamer the silliest looking player I have ever seen.

Arriving inside the ground I was warmly greeted by the same old group. There can be a camaraderie among fans who live very different lives outside the ground. I was pleased to see the regulars and they seemed pleased to see me. Not enough is made of this as one of the pleasures of football.

An excellent point.

I look forward every fortnight to seeing the same faces there for the same reasons. I know nothing of them other than their first names and their opinions on football. I don't know, or care, if they're CEOs or binmen, only that for those two hours on a Saturday afternoon are there for the same reason and enjoy each other's company.

So many of the reasons I was looking forward to the beginning of the season had nothing to do with what happens on the pitch. As an example I love my 15 minute walk along the river, ambling towards the ground alongside excited kids with their dads and elderly men maintaining the habit of a lifetime as the seasons change week by week. So much so that getting my first car hasn't been enough to stop me taking the bus to the game so I can take that same route.

For me the entire game was in danger of being overshadowed by Ben Hamer's beard. I had expected to be concentrating on Kevin Phillips performance. This began well when he seemed to be having problems with the machine to communicate with Nigel Pearson. This was reaching Mr Bean proportions until Steve Walsh came down to the dug out presumably to tell Kevin that there was an On-switch.
:icon_lol:

For me the entire game was in danger od being overshadowed by Ben Hamer's beard. I had expected to be concentrating on Kevin Phillips performance. This began well when he seemed to be having problems with the machine to communicate with Nigel Pearson. This was reaching Mr Bean proportions until Steve Walsh came down to the dug out presumably to tell Kevin that there was an On-switch.

Even Kevin's technological ineptitude with which I could empathise could not grab the attention away from the Ben Hamer beard. I saw a photo of it when he arrived at the club and a headline about Pearson telling him to get rid of it. Seeing it love it seems to have got worse. This is not the grizzled menace of a Wasilewski. This is the kind of beard grown by a man who hopes to one day become Father Christmas.

It needs to be pointed out that the beard is genuine. I say this because it has the look of a false beard Groucho Marx might wear if he wanted to make it clear that the beard was false. With all due respect to players like Mario Balotelli and Jamie Lawrence it makes Ben Hamer the silliest looking player I have ever seen.
Wonderful stuff!

David Gwilliam's post-match contributions are another of the off pitch reasons to look forward to the football season.

48 minutes in:

Man sat behind me: "I don't understand why we've kept this idiot [NP] and not got Pulis in?!".

FML.

It was something we remarked on at the game, ever time there was a decision against them the Everton players had words with the ref, not always the same player but someone always questioned his decision.

I thought Naismith was the worst affender but I do it being remember Baines on several occasions

Totally agree and then the ref allowed them to slow the game down in the last 20. For example if the situation where Mahrez was fouled by Barry was in reversed roles, Everton would have five players around the ref. Only Hammond questioned his decision.

Totally agree and then the ref allowed them to slow the game down in the last 20. For example if the situation where Mahrez was fouled by Barry was in reversed roles, Everton would have five players around the ref. Only Hammond questioned his decision.

We need to learn then don't we.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670