Post Match Leicester 2 Nottingham Forest 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before and I'll say it again it's not the effort of Beckford I have a problem with, it's his greediness, he's obe of the biggest ball hoggers I can ever remember playing for us. On his day he can be fantastic, but his day didn't come often enough for us and he's had more games for us where he's been a liability than he has been a match winner.

If he comes back off his loan spell for us and is great then fantastic, but people making out he's the undoubted answer to our problems and pretending he's been anything but a generally poor player with the odd great game for us so far because he's scored 3 goals for Huddersfield is utterly cringeworthy.

At least that's a more grounded opinion. I agree he hasn't showed the form regularly enough for us last season but I do think he was our best striker by the time the season ended. I wouldn't say he's a poor player but I accept he can be frustrating at times. I'm not saying he is the answer either, but the fact we currently have problems taking our chances, makes his loan transfer out just a little bemusing

You're summing up your opinion of his commentary skills on the fact that he laughed at a laughable appeal. It doesn't hold any water. He didn't say anything today that I felt was anti-Leicester, so I don't understand people's problem with him. Fans seem to think that if a commentator has a different opinion to them on an incident or the game that they must have a dislike for that club. It's ridiculous

I didn't notice any anti-Leicester bias in the commentary either. Sometimes people can't help laughing at things they find funny. It doesn't mean there's bias there. I didn't laugh, I tutted.

People are talking about Beckford - it was in fact his attitude, and the fact that he didn't really care about the team so much.

Apparently when we lost against Charlton earlier in the season, the lads' heads were down because we lost. NP had no problem with lads who were pissed off we didn't win but had a problem with those who were "doing their hair" and Beckford who was clipping his toenails. I know one of the youth coaches who asked NP and this is what NP said.

You're summing up your opinion of his commentary skills on the fact that he laughed at a laughable appeal. It doesn't hold any water. He didn't say anything today that I felt was anti-Leicester and I've never felt that he has demonstrated a hatred or a dislike for our club, so I don't understand people's problem with him. Fans seem to think that if a commentator has a different opinion to them on an incident or the game that they must have a dislike for that club. It's ridiculous

Have to say, I'm completely with you on this.

Another two points pissed away with idiotic mistakes.

Defensively, we were poor against a team that offered virtually no threat. I've watched Whitbread a few times now and he's a liability. In every game, he makes one or two shocking errors. Yes, the penalty he conceded was harsh but he defended the situation very badly. Shortly afterwards, he also blatently man-handled a Florist player in the box for a clear penalty and the ref bottled it. On the plus side, Schlupp was excellent. He's definitely got the potential to be a better left back than a striker on that showing. Maybe he needs to reconsider his future.

In midfield, once again King was anonymous and poor. He had an excellent run early in the season but its all gone very wrong. Along with a drop in form from Drinkwater, the centre midfield simply isn't controlling the side in the way that it needs to. Dyer was good, Knockaert terrible. Knockaert is starting to seriously annoy me. He plays for himself too often. Yes, his pass to Nugent was excellent, but his constant self indulgence to the detriment of the team and sloppy passing make him a liability rather than an asset too often. Marshall was poor once again coming on. I don't know what's happened to him but his fall from grace is astounding. He has been terrible all season.

Both the strikers played well. Nugent is so key to us and we dropped off considerably as soon as he went off. His replacement, some child from the stands by the look of him, played like a rabbit in the headlights. Utterly embarrassing performance from someone patently miles away from being ready for this level. Waghorn played like he used to when he was on loan to us. It was the first time I've seen the old Waggy for a long time. However, he also has to be blamed for the result more than any other player as he missed two very clear chances. He is clearly lacking in confidence in front of goal and we can't afford to wait around for him to find this confidence.

Tactically, NP ballsed it up once again. We should have won that and he made some daft mistakes. The most obvious one being effectively putting us down to ten men in order to do a favour for Fergie. However, his decision to send Beckford out on loan was the right one. Don't forget how inept and shambolic he was in his substitute appearances earlier this season. Either he doesn't want to play for NP, or he does an excellent impression of it. Forget him and move on.

Overall, that's just one unconvincing win in six games now. Our form is definitely gone and we're throwing away points and opportunities all over the place. That will probably cost us when it counts later in the season.

I think putting Lingard on was the right choice - who would you have gone for instead? Think they are harsh comments about a player who has been with the club 4 days.

Also think it's harsh to say Nige got it tactically wrong. I don't see that at all. As you say, Waghorn wasted chances that could've seen us comfortably ahead; Whitbread made defensive mistakes, not to mention the clanger from the referee. On the run of play, we were the better team and Forest struggled to deal with our pace and movement in attack pretty much throughout - where was the tactical balls up?

Jermaine Beckford is 28 years old, a seasoned pro that should be hitting his peak.
Instead he acts like a petulant schoolboy with too much pocket money. (For LCFC)

Martyn Waghorn is 22 years old, still learning his trade and starting to show some form.

For LCFC, MW will come good, JB won't.

Third of the season ,and we are sitting pretty.

If Clive Dunn was still around, he'd be shouting don't panic. Advice many should heed.

Jermaine Beckford is 28 years old, a seasoned pro that should be hitting his peak.
Instead he acts like a petulant schoolboy with too much pocket money. (For LCFC)

Martyn Waghorn is 22 years old, still learning his trade and starting to show some form.

For LCFC, MW will come good, JB won't.

Third of the season ,and we are sitting pretty.

If Clive Dunn was still around, he'd be shouting don't panic. Advice many should heed.

I'm sorry but where does this come from? Please give examples of where this has happened...

my thoughts.

sky - they didnt seem biased to me, the first reaction from sky is they thought was a soft penalty, the 2nd after the replay they thought it was not a penalty but then tried to explain why the ref gave it however making the point he disagreed because the ref should only give when clear cut, then moments later we had a claim and sky made the point we should have got on the basis forest got a weaker claim. this was during commentary tho, I dont know what they said post match.

ourselves - we should have buried the game before the penalty, waghorn missed plenty of sitters especially the one where he seemed to take a year to shoot, also knockeart became too predictable, whenever he got the ball in front of the goal apart from once near end of game he just shot not a team player, making it easy for defenders just block his shot knowing he wont pass, also on defending a freekick he turned his back and started walking away before they took it.

ref - useless, seems always the story for us, forest also havent had a penalty for a long time, and I just knew they would get one against us, 2 out of their last 3 against us, it seems refs consistently give key decisons against us except the odd game. However we should have been out of sight at that point.

pearson - I think the decision to send away beckford he is paying the price and so are we, waghorn no matter how good he is in build up play isnt doing his primary job which is to score goals. A poor man's dickov. the best thing he can do now is get another striker in, stop starting waghorn tho.

also whats status with SSL and vardy, they both cripples now or what? we clearly hurting bad from the loss of both.

I think putting Lingard on was the right choice - who would you have gone for instead? Think they are harsh comments about a player who has been with the club 4 days.

Also think it's harsh to say Nige got it tactically wrong. I don't see that at all. As you say, Waghorn wasted chances that could've seen us comfortably ahead; Whitbread made defensive mistakes, not to mention the clanger from the referee. On the run of play, we were the better team and Forest struggled to deal with our pace and movement in attack pretty much throughout - where was the tactical balls up?

Lingard is a very lightweight kid playing in a side that needs physical presence. His introduction did nothing for us, and clearly isolated Waghorn as Lingard wandered around not knowing what to do or where to play.

Florist were defensively weak. They had poor full backs, especially the one of the left. So NP decides to effectively play nobody on the right side of midfield, as Knockaert doesn't seem to believe in being in position. They were also wide open for a midfield runner like King at his best to take advantage of their lack of pace and strength. However, because King had to play in a deep role, and our centre midfield were outnumbered as usual, we offered no threat in this way. Again, the space was left for Knockaert to waste possession and position over and over again.

I also would have the played the centre backs the other way round. Morgan should have been there supporting Schlupp.

I also would have the played the centre backs the other way round. Morgan should have been there supporting Schlupp.

You imply Schlupp needed suppprt. Jeff had an excellent game IMHO.

Beckford who was clipping his toenails.....

What's the problem? You ever tried to kick a ball with a long toenail? ****ing agony it can be so knock Beckford all you like for his attitude or application but for pity's sake don't castigate him for cutting his toenails.

FFS...........

also whats status with SSL and vardy, they both cripples now or what? we clearly hurting bad from the loss of both.

Saw SSL outside the ground around 11:30 - he was in shorts and trainers and looked as if he had been for a jog!

I see people coming around to the fact we need a striker, I was saying this months ago.

Pearson is seriously lacking in the planning dept. I still stand by the point that our best striker is out bagging goals for another team, its ****ing farcical.

It was our fault we didn't win today, not the refs.

Every thread seems to be taken over with a discussion about JB at the moment. Its a re-run of the DJ Campbell phase.

i said in the pre match thread F****t hadn't had a penalty for a year:icon_sad:

to pick up on an earlier point, the reason Zak/Wes played that way around was sinply because Zak is left footed, Shlupp didnt need guidance from Wes but maybe Zak did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669