Post Match Leicester 2 Sheffield United 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
We suddenly have a lot of injuries.
We managed to go through the whole title winning season with very few.

Do we play better because we have few injuries or do we have fewer injuries because we're playing better?

Do we play better because we have few injuries or do we have fewer injuries because we're playing better?
Or just unlucky?

BR just confirmed that:

Fuchs, Chilwell and Maddison join Ricardo in being out for rest of the season. Fuchs groin injury means 3-4 months out.

Albrighton out for Spurs but could possibly play against Man Utd.

So what we've got is what we've got.

And Soyuncu out for the season too of course.

I have always felt that Rodgers wanted to play 3 5 2, which he did in his first match against Watford, but that he didn't have the players to do it. We have Benkovic coming back from Bristol and if we buy Akers (sp.) from Celtic who at 6ft 6ins could be the central defender, we could do something a bit special next season.
It’s Ajer

Chambers, Wesolowski, Petrescu.
Nice try :icon lol: don’t think Pet Rescue ever made it onto the pitch.

King, Schlupp, Moore.

Back at ya!

I only had the chance to watch from about the sixtieth minute, after the kids decided to be A-grade shits. While we looked to have the game under control, leading by only one goal with our recent history was always going to give us fans palpitations. I expect it will have done for the players too, so such a measured performance deserves a lot of credit. Bearing in mind that 3/4 of our first choice backline is out, I do have to take issue with some of the bedwetting on this forum about a back five that none of us would like to have seen but who did tremendously. One chance that Schmeichel dealt with easily, but which the commentators seemed to think was worldclass, suggests that did well for the whole game. And a special mention must be due for Luke Thomas, who did not look out of place at all in a team under pressure and on debut against a team with hopes of European qualification. Our first team is very, very good but it's a squad game at this level and for now we aren't going to be able to have the backup players that the so called big clubs can. Destiny is back in our hands, so hopefully fans and players can take a bit of relief and go into the spurs game a bit more brightly.

Nice try :icon lol: don’t think Pet Rescue ever made it onto the pitch.

King, Schlupp, Moore.

Back at ya!

Away at Wolves, last game of the season. Dont think they were ever on the pitch together though, or even a squad as I was scraping the barrel!

They're a bit good though those 3 but I'll have a think.

Im delighted with that result but terrified about Spurs.

Soyuncu is a big loss, not so much today, but vs Kane, Son and Lamela will be tough

Serious questions over the programs the players were given during lockdown and whether they kept to them, also the mini preseason was clearly inadequate.

Our players were less fit at the restart and we are getting more injuries than most. I know it's not an ideal situation but other teams seems to have dealt with it better.

So, depending on other results we can qualify for the CL by beating Spurs on their own ground?

I do like the sound of that I must admit.

Lets shit in their handbag all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566