Post Match Leicester 2 Sheffield United 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think that’s the case.
If Manchester Utd lose today (currently winning) and we beat Spurs, then Utd will have to win their other game and beat us to go level on points. Before Utd kicked off today we had +5 goal difference on them.

Assuming Utd win today it goes down to the last day. We could lose to Spurs but beat Utd and beat them on goal difference.

Possible scenario on the final day of the season...

Assuming we beat Spurs, Man U beat Palace and West Ham, and Chelsea lose at Liverpool...

We'll go into the game against Manchester United knowing that a draw will put both teams into the champions league.

What's the odds on it finishing 0-0.

It could be a duller game than West Germany v Austria at the World Cup...

I googled Levi because he seemed to disappear off the face of the earth. Turns out you can buy a 300 piece jigsaw puzzle of him and Matthieu Flamini..... My birthday is in November in case you’re wondering.

I think that’s one of those fake adverts from Viz, isn’t it?
Gary
Taylor
Fletcher
Was this three people? That explains so much.

Rashford, Martial, Fernandes and Greenwood vs Evans, Big Wes, Bennett and two untested full-backs.

we need to beat spurs.

There is a part of me, however exciting CL football would be and however much I'm hoping we make it, that feels we would be so much better off in the Europa League. We could absolutely go balls for leather in that and try to win it. As much as hearing that anthem at the KP again would be great, I won't be wholly disappointed to finish 5th if truth be told.

There is a part of me, however exciting CL football would be and however much I'm hoping we make it, that feels we would be so much better off in the Europa League. We could absolutely go balls for leather in that and try to win it. As much as hearing that anthem at the KP again would be great, I won't be wholly disappointed to finish 5th if truth be told.
Nah not for me.

Leicester v Krasnodar doesn’t quite have the same appeal.

I've been thinking the same too.

As good as it would be, with our lack of European history, we'll be bottom seeds and likely to get a group of death.

Playing in a cup we are more likely to win will probably be better for the squad in the long run.

Saying that though, it could be another 50 years before we have a chance like this to play in the real European Cup so we've got to go for it really.

No player or team cares about the tinpot Europa. Hence why the majority of English teams use it as an opportunity to give fringe players a game.

Plus we’ll surely be able to attract better players if we’re in the Champions League.

Bring on the group of death. Who cares if we lose them all, I want to see Leicester play against the top teams.

I've been thinking the same too.

As good as it would be, with our lack of European history, we'll be bottom seeds and likely to get a group of death.

Playing in a cup we are more likely to win will probably be better for the squad in the long run.

Saying that though, it could be another 50 years before we have a chance like this to play in the real European Cup so we've got to go for it really.
Yep, your last paragraph is the answer. We can’t be picky about it and there are always the odd years where a Europa League qualification falls to various teams, but the Champions League is not one that comes around often (if at all, for the majority of clubs), so we have to try to grab it when we can.

Yep, your last paragraph is the answer. We can’t be picky about it and there are always the odd years where a Europa League qualification falls to various teams, but the Champions League is not one that comes around often (if at all, for the majority of clubs), so we have to try to grab it when we can.
We said the same 4 years ago...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570