Post Match Leicester 2 Sheffield United 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
No player or team cares about the tinpot Europa. Hence why the majority of English teams use it as an opportunity to give fringe players a game.

Plus we’ll surely be able to attract better players if we’re in the Champions League.

Bring on the group of death. Who cares if we lose them all, I want to see Leicester play against the top teams.
Only in England. Plenty of European clubs treat the Europa with more gravitas.

Nah not for me.

Leicester v Krasnodar doesn’t quite have the same appeal.

I’d find any sort of European football exciting.I find myself enjoying Leicester games (in person) less and less each season. I find the Premier League humdrum quite dull. Partly because we’ve already achieved more than we ever can again. Partly because I just drive in, watch the match, drive out. It isn’t really a social occasion for me.

I keep hold of my season ticket so I can get tickets to any European games we might have and to secure a ticket for any FA Cup final we might reach. And also because the football club is my last real link with the city I grew up in - so there is a bit of sentiment there.

I’ve lost a lot of love for the game at the top level. As well as Leicester home matches I get to ~20 Hinckley games per season. Okay, the football is crap in the tenth tier, but I go with the old man, we’ve got to know a few people there and I can have a couple of pints while I’m at it. It’s a small fan-owned club and is local. All of those things make going there more fun than watching Leicester. I find it impossible to feel any connection with our players and ownership model.

The point behind that quite miserable diatribe being that Leicester v Krasnodar is the sort of thing that makes it worthwhile for me. I think once this period of success recedes and we’re back in the second tier I’ll give it up as an annual commitment. Tickets will be easier to come by anyway so I can pick and choose. But, for now, give me Krasnodar on a Thursday night over any Premier League opponent you can name.

Agree with this. I think the Europa is a great competition. I’d rather be in the Champions’ League but I’ll never turn my nose up at European football of any kind.

No player or team cares about the tinpot Europa. Hence why the majority of English teams use it as an opportunity to give fringe players a game.

Plus we’ll surely be able to attract better players if we’re in the Champions League.

Bring on the group of death. Who cares if we lose them all, I want to see Leicester play against the top teams.

our recruitment plan hinges on it.

Luke Thomas looks to the manor born, superb debut.

The back 3 looked solid, calm and assured.

Barnes first half looked brilliant faded second half and his finishing needs a lot of work - Kevin Phillips is out of work bring him in to work with Harvey everyday.

Perez is never overly showy but is always busy and thoroughly deserved his goal

Luke Thomas looks to the manor born, superb debut.

The back 3 looked solid, calm and assured.

Barnes first half looked brilliant faded second half and his finishing needs a lot of work - Kevin Phillips is out of work bring him in to work with Harvey everyday.

Perez is never overly showy but is always busy and thoroughly deserved his goal
Perez’s goal was effectively the same motion with which Maddison scored against Arsenal. He’s getting virtually none of the same plaudits.

our recruitment plan hinges on it.
I don’t think that’s true at all. The types of players we would be looking at would be those who haven’t necessarily ever played in Europe full stop or who have been playing in a league far below the standard of the PL. Kante moved to Chelsea knowing that he wasn’t getting CL football because he understood the club was going through a poor patch but would always have the potential to play at the highest level. That’s what we would need to prove to a potential suitor; our potential. We aren’t likely to be going in for those big seasoned CL pros, they will still end up at Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United etc...

Take Grealish as an example. Would he choose us over Arsenal or Spurs because we have CL football and they don’t? I’m not so sure he would. He’d be a twat for going to those perennial underachievers but footballers are, generally, twats!

Perez’s goal was effectively the same motion with which Maddison scored against Arsenal. He’s getting virtually none of the same plaudits.

That was one of the very few times that Maddison has taken a shot early. After Perez's goal today I was thinking that Maddison would have wanted about five extra touches before shooting. It was a very good strike from Perez, virtually no backlift and early so it gave Henderson very little time to react.

Exactly this. The Europa League is the 2nd best cup in Europe. Which happens to contain the best leagues and best clubs in the world. It's valuable. Not to mention that it once again reminds fans around that world that we are an important club.

I obviously still want Champions League because it's a bigger achievement and its not as easy to get into. There's absolutely no reason why we cannot finish 3rd. It's in our hands to finish 4th and quite possible that Chelsea lose against Liverpool so maybe, just maybe we can finish 3rd.

If we beat Spurs and Man Utd lose vs West Ham. Then unless Man Utd beat us by more than 4 goals we finish at least 4th.

But of course if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a bike. We wait and see.

If we end up in the Europa we should take it very seriously if for no other reason than winning it means you play Champions League football the following season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669