Leicester 2 Swansea 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great second half boys. Waggy could be key but I am worried about the loan arrangement, after 28 days he can be recalled by his club if they need him ! New FA ruling this season for youth players apparently.

Fryatt defo looked off the pace and easily pushed off the ball. King not really involved first half.

Waghorn and N'Guessan made a huge difference with their pace and it galvanised the rest of the team who all stepped up a gear.

Nicky Adams, chasing a lost ball in the corner, played an amazing one-two with the corner flag and made a cross which almost resulted in a goal.

Waghorn is almost certain to be compared to Rooney. Same height as Fryatt, two stone heavier, twice as strong, twice as fast. If he continues to play like this, Pearson may have to rethink his post match comment 'Fryatt is still my premier striker'.

I wouldn't say we were 'shocking' first half. They defo looked very nervous out there and didn't push forward much, and cos they weren't creating owt the front two were not much use! Swansea weren't that much better either though.

Right decision to sub both Fryatt and King, Fryatt isn't matchfit and King.....well I'm sorry. but he looked very lightweight against a medicore opposition. Moving Oakley back into the middle to bring N'Guessan on(and Waghorn for Fryatt) were both very positive moves by Pearson, and from the kickoff the composure of the side looked more upbeat.

Is he afraid to tackle ??

Much better second half, they looked so much more settled rather than lumping the ball to Howard like they were in the first half.

It's hard to try and explain just how different we were ove the two halves, completely different. Here's my 2 cents for what its worth.....

Weale - Had one save to make in the second half and thats it. Commanded his area well but Swansea really didn't test him apart from the goal which he could do nothing about

Morrisson - Solid enough, of all the defenders his distribution was the best. Dealt well with Dyer in the second half

Hobbs - Looked strong. As a center halves both he and Brown should take some of the blame for affording them a free header to score from

Brown - Crap distribution but some massive headers to block out crosses

Berner - Shit clearence led to the corner that they scored from but apart from that he was superb; especially in the second half when he won a penalty and set up Waghorn

Oakley - Crap on the wing, great in the middle.

Wellens - Plenty of bite thats for sure, bit of a dirty fecker too. Composed and tidy with the ball at his feet, he tried some smart balls in behind the defence that didn't always come off but he looked creative.

King - Utterly limp

Dyer - Never really found enough space to stretch his legs and do his thang, took one particularly crap free kick and his head went down.

Fryatt - Not fit at all and looked totally off the pace

Howard - Immense around the box winning headers and holding the ball up but missed too many chances before and after his penalty.

N'Guessan - Pacy, direct and physical; he turned the game on it's headwhen he came on. He got cross after cross in to the box, most of which were of a good standard. He poached a goal and nearly got a second.

Waghorn - He's mustard! He seems to have the best qualities of Howard and Fryatt plus pace, in the right place at the right time for his goal. His first touch and control were notably good.

Adams - Looks a completely different player this season. He came on for Dyer on the left and got some lovely balls into the box and looked tenacious and strong. He looks like he's trying to prove a point to Nige and seems to be putting forward a great case for himself.

But where was tunchev? I hope he's not on his way.

But where was tunchev? I hope he's not on his way.

Still not fit, it could be another month or so before he's back I reckon. Nige is right not to be risking him.

great second half after a poor first half. The defending for their goal was shocking. Fryatt and king both poor first and were both rightly replaced. The new boys totally changed the dynamic of the game.I'm very optimistic of the forthcoming season.

It's hard to try and explain just how different we were ove the two halves, completely different. Here's my 2 cents for what its worth.....

Weale - Had one save to make in the second half and thats it. Commanded his area well but Swansea really didn't test him apart from the goal which he could do nothing about

Morrisson - Solid enough, of all the defenders his distribution was the best. Dealt well with Dyer in the second half

Hobbs - Looked strong. As a center halves both he and Brown should take some of the blame for affording them a free header to score from

Brown - Crap distribution but some massive headers to block out crosses

Berner - Shit clearence led to the corner that they scored from but apart from that he was superb; especially in the second half when he won a penalty and set up Waghorn

Oakley - Crap on the wing, great in the middle.

Wellens - Plenty of bite thats for sure, bit of a dirty fecker too. Composed and tidy with the ball at his feet, he tried some smart balls in behind the defence that didn't always come off but he looked creative.

King - Utterly limp

Dyer - Never really found enough space to stretch his legs and do his thang, took one particularly crap free kick and his head went down.

Fryatt - Not fit at all and looked totally off the pace

Howard - Immense around the box winning headers and holding the ball up but missed too many chances before and after his penalty.

N'Guessan - Pacy, direct and physical; he turned the game on it's headwhen he came on. He got cross after cross in to the box, most of which were of a good standard. He poached a goal and nearly got a second.

Waghorn - He's mustard! He seems to have the best qualities of Howard and Fryatt plus pace, in the right place at the right time for his goal. His first touch and control were notably good.

Adams - Looks a completely different player this season. He came on for Dyer on the left and got some lovely balls into the box and looked tenacious and strong. He looks like he's trying to prove a point to Nige and seems to be putting forward a great case for himself.

Pretty accurate summary Ted:038:

Oh yeah, Swansea have got to be the biggest bunch of over rated bellends i've seen us play in a long time. The hype surrounding them about them playing nice football actually had me slightly worried, but they were crap. Time wasting, diving, whinging arseholes.

Very poor first half, fantastic second. Never seen such a one sided half. N'guessan, Waghorn and Adams were all brilliant when they came on.

does anyone know if theres any rule against using the corner flag as adams did ?

If the ball hits the corner flag and stays in the ball is stil counted as being in play. Great skills by Adams to nutmeg the right back straight after too:icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669