Leicester 2 Swansea 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
great second half after a poor first half. The defending for their goal was shocking. Fryatt and king both poor first and were both rightly replaced. The new boys totally changed the dynamic of the game.I'm very optimistic of the forthcoming season.

Agreed,just put the first half behind us ,second half we pushed and played some great football ,full credit to NP for making the changes and landing the new players we have got they all played well :038::038::038::038::038:

Last edited:
In the first half we were of our game,the concentration levels were just not there+ we lacked creativeness due to the lack of pace in midfield.

We were really lucky swansea did not take advantage.

The second half we were a different team,the whole midfield clicked really well,n'guessan gave us power and pace,wellens was bossing the game and even dyer came out of his shell and looked sharp!

The defence tightened up really well second half...but to be fair they did not really have to much as we dominated.

Matty fryatt was struggling, and to be honest a fit matty fryatt is going to sruggle to get back in the side...as martyn waghorn offers so much more,he showed great tenacity+ good close control and strength...and looks quality

Also the new look steve howard looked really sharp...he must have lost a stone.

Overall a lot of positives to be taken out of this game and going by second halfs performance i can really see us pushing for a playoff spot.

Does anyone know if theres a law against me kicking a blow up sheep with an entry hole in it all the way home.

Didn't get to see the whole thing but it seems like Pearson has won us the match with some astute substitutions. Swansea bringing a crapload of support but there seem to be some real yobs in there. Just back in time to catch the second half of the Newcastle match and check up on any results I missed over the tannoy. I think if we are serious about the play offs 3 points today was effectively a must, and you could say the same about the next home game. Ipswich might be a bit of a test though.

great second half after a poor first half. The defending for their goal was shocking. Fryatt and king both poor first and were both rightly replaced. The new boys totally changed the dynamic of the game.I'm very optimistic of the forthcoming season.

Good to hear Lazz.

Do you think we have problems if Howard is injured though:102:

Imo i would like to see more options in the forward line.

I think if we are serious about the play offs 3 points today was effectively a must, and you could say the same about the next home game.

Really? Is this intended sarcastically? that's the kind of attitude that gets the crowd on the managers back and silly pressure. You can make a run into the play-offs almost starting as late as Jan (Crystal P) and you can even win the division easily after losing the first four games (Keane's Sunderland)

To suggest that 3 pts today was a must is stretching it just a tad

Last edited:
So Waghorn and N'Guessan bag one each and Wellens sounds like a quality player - Pearson's done it again, hasn't he?! Long gone are the days of N'Gotties and Kaebis...

Really? Is this intended sarcastically? that's the kind of attitude that gets the crowd on the managers back and silly pressure. You can make a run into the play-offs almost starting as late as Jan (Crystal P) and you can even win the division easily after losing the first four games (Keane's Sunderland)

I just think today was a relatively minor test in comparison to what else we will come up against this season. The term 'must win' at this stage of te season is probably exagerating things a little but you see what I mean. Swansea lost their best player and manager and today was an ideal chance to take the full quota of points. For what it's worth I thought we seemed pretty useful in the second half, creating some good chances and just looking fairly comfortable. Still feel we will need another forward as a priority. Notice Simeon Jackson bagged a hat trick today, might be worth a punt if we can get him.

But we did need the 3 points today.

but not to get to the play off's more to do with the month ahead and the teams we have to play IMO :icon_bigg

I just think today was a relatively minor test in comparison to what else we will come up against this season. The term 'must win' at this stage of te season is probably exagerating things a little but you see what I mean. Swansea lost their best player and manager and today was an ideal chance to take the full quota of points. For what it's worth I thought we seemed pretty useful in the second half, creating some good chances and just looking fairly comfortable. Still feel we will need another forward as a priority. Notice Simeon Jackson bagged a hat trick today, might be worth a punt if we can get him.

OK, take your point that this is the level of the opposition we need to beat - but over the length of the season. But if we hadn't today, it wouldn't have been the end of the world, and it would have taught NP and the team something - like the first half seemed to today.

I agree.

Tbh though i think the biggest problem city may face during this season, is keeping our manager. If we make a decent go of it, then Niges stock is going to be high. Someone will come calling before long.

OK, take your point that this is the level of the opposition we need to beat - but over the length of the season. But if we hadn't today, it wouldn't have been the end of the world, and it would have taught NP and the team something - like the first half seemed to today.

Come on Glyn, lets have a post in the cricket forum.
I'm sure you must have something to say:icon_wink

Nigel Pearson won this game.
Firstly, the signings he has made all look great.
Secondly, his substitutions today turned the game.

Fryatt was probably not fully match fit and King was doing OK I thought.
But the subs were brilliant. N'Guessan looks a great signing and already I wish we could sign Waghorn. He looks the business.

Dyer was playing well but running out of steam and Adams looked to have improved so much and was very good.

Well done Nigel.

We can beat Ipswich early on before Keane gets to improve things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669