Post Match Leicester 3 Birmingham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy we won going in to the chelsea game. Especially after going behind.

Sorry to sidetrack a little, but did anyone see on the big screen before the game Michael cain scored for the under 18`s?
Is that the lad we signed as a 16 year old from someone like Luton, and was thought of as one of the best young players in the country? Prey tell, talkingballers

If you could bottle "determination" I would still prefer to drink whisky or if I was in the company of Mackey whiskey.

This was an excellent "blood and guts" match. We were denied a penalty in the first half and when I thought they scored in the second. On neither occasion did the people around me remember that the season was supposed to be over.

Does Macky have an extra e as well in Ireland?

Or have I whooshed myself there?

Gallagher poor. Beckford class.

Although I was pleased with our performance, I can't help but feel tactically they got it all wrong by taking off Zigic, who we never had worked out all night. I was glad to see the back of him because he was causing havoc, especially with their runners of Townsend, Burke & Elliott playing off his flick ons.

Very important result. Things had been going off the rails in the last week and this starts to put them right. It will help from this point on if Beckford starts to play in away matches too. He shouldn't have difficulty motivating himself next Sunday.

Strange penalty decision from the ref. Not sure what Kennedy was supposed to have done. He appeared to be tracking back to make a clearance and Zigic just bundled into him and fell over.

I thought Kennedy's deliveries were mostly very good - he had a had in the first two of our goals - and he made some goodtackles when Birmingham were looking to break quickly. Not sure he's a long term option for us but he looked more than capable last night.

The midfield worked their socks off. I haven't seen that much commitment from them for a long time so that is promising, even if it did leave the defence exposed once or twice. Beckford was equally committed, he filled in defensively on several occasions when our attacks broke down.

It's the first time I've seen Schlupp play and thought he has what it takes. He held the ball up well, retained posession and looked to get in behind the defence as much as possible. Very good finish too.

Finally, my comedy moment of the night was Sol Bamba throwing Marlon King 6 feet into the air and him landing on to the concrete.

Shame we can't play Cardiff 10 times until the end of the season though!!
Still gonna be just the twice with the inevitable penalty shootout and bitter disappointment to chew on as you head back up the M5. Or M1 if it's BM.

Still gonna be just the twice with the inevitable penalty shootout and bitter disappointment to chew on as you head back up the M5. Or M1 if it's BM.

:064:

To be fair though, Cardiff are one of the last teams I'd want us to face as you do tend to have more of the upper hand over us rather than vice-versa though on current form I would more than fancy our chances!! I just find quite bizzare that you always seem to find yourselves in a very good position come Christmas but for some reason it goes drastically down hill from there. Must be even worse actually liking them though!!

First win from coming from behind since 25th of April 2011 against Watford at home where we won 4-2. In the same match which most will remember, Jeffrey Bruma scored two absolute worldies from around 40-50 yards out each!

Yesterday - Morgan and Bamba looked like a relatively solid partnership. IMO I thought they played well together, and could be a partnership for the future. Gallagher and Dyer were relatively quiet, although Dyer looked good in brief spells. Danns and Wellens played well. Strikers, apart from Beckford having a seriously poor first touch control, I thought were brilliant as usual. Schlupp was superb for his brief time, he seemed a lot stronger than people have been making out, I can remember a few occasions where he showed this, so why does Howard need to be brought on to 'protect' Schlupp? Almost assisted Dyer and took his goal beautifully, definitely one for the future. Overall a fantastic performance.

Last edited:
The bits I disagreed with in your post were your factual inaccuracies.

You said most of the teams above us have a game in hand on us. Not true.

You talked about three of the four teams with a game in hand being on good runs, when only one of them is on a good run.

I think it's very unlikely we'll get into the play offs. I think we'll need to get something like 23 points from the last 10 games. Not impossible, and we know that on its day this team can beat anyone. But we've never looked like putting a run like that together this season. If we beat Blackpool and Hull maybe I'll start to believe we're going to do it.

Fair enough using the term 'most of' was obviously exaggerated but some key teams in the mix do have one over on us, and more than just West Ham are on decent runs - Hull as I said are 10 games unbeaten - that's a good run . and Middlesboro' er - check out the results, they had a pretty decent February other than a defeat against high flying Reading and two more wins before the Leeds defeat. That's not bad form really, 3 points better than us at any rate. They are a little bit like us in that they just can't string that long sequence of results together, only atleast they manage a few more than we do before they come a cropper..

As far as our play off hopes go I'd say beating Hull and Blackpool is crucial but even then, there are other teams that are still better placed to sneak in ahead of us should they drop points. We need to go on a run, but everytime we set ourselves up to start one, we bottle it. The evidence is there to suggest it is beyond us this year.

Hull as I said are 10 games unbeaten - that's a good run

Unbeaten runs are not much use if you're not winning games!

Hull have got 8 points from their last 6 games. We've got 9 points, despite losing three of the last 6. But they're the team on a good run?

. and Middlesboro' er - check out the results,

I said they'd been on a good run. You're not paying attention.

I thought Kennedy's deliveries were mostly very good - he had a had in the first two of our goals - and he made some goodtackles when Birmingham were looking to break quickly. Not sure he's a long term option for us but he looked more than capable last night.

I thought Kennedy looked like a 10 year old who had written into Jim'll Fix It asking to play football with professionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669