Leicester 5 Doncaster 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we were dreadful first half as bad as i have seen us alll season. We got lucky with the penalty but it's about time we did. Second half fantastic apart from some of our corners and set piece delivery, which i feel still falls short (literally). Bednar dreadful and Dyer made a big difference. If he can get match sharp Waghorn still has a big part to play. Abe is my favourite at the moment though, we'll miss him in January.

Bednar fairly poor

To be honest, I really can't see what he offers above Howard. I know SH was suspended yesterday but he is a far better player to hold the ball up and lay it off than Bednar seems to be.

Because of the anti-spam post limit, if anyone wants links to download the game (In full) and knows about how to extract RAR files, PM me, i'll happily provide.

(PS: All links are 100% clean and trusted, i'm not a disgraceful virus spreader! :icon_bigg)

The more I see of it, the more I'm convinced that it was definitely a penalty and that it was an excellent bit of refereeing to spot the foot up sliding lunge. I think that one or two Doncaster players can maybe think themselves fortunate not to get carded following all the pushing and shoving of the ref afterwards.

The more I see of it, the more I'm convinced that it was definitely a penalty and that it was an excellent bit of refereeing to spot the foot up sliding lunge. I think that one or two Doncaster players can maybe think themselves fortunate not to get carded following all the pushing and shoving of the ref afterwards.

Had 2 tickets but we could not use them due to illness so have only watched the highlights but totally agree it was a penalty.

Also very clear that we now at last have terrific pace throughout the side. Great to see.

If an outfield player had gone in with 2 feet like Sullivan did, I'd say he'd be lucky to stay on the pitch.

Liked the way PG conducted himself whilst waiting to take the penalty.
Good to see Richie Wellens at last shoot from outside the box.
Brilliant counterattack for our third.
Good to see DV and MW get on the scorsheet.
Cunningham was very unlucky to hit the bar with the freekick in the second half.

As Sven himself implied, fantastic second half, but we need to play like that for 90 minutes.
Jeez, just imagine what this team could do if they did :).

I've just seen the penalty incident for the first time, and to me it was the correct decision.

Sullivan slid into the challenge with his feet towards where Vassell was running, deliberately trying to stop Vassell, rather than just trying to get the ball.
Goalkeepers get away with stuff like that too often.

Another thing goalkeepers do which never gets punished is jumping with a foot in the air - studs horizontal, to stop a player from jumping for the ball with them. Ian Walker was particularly guilty of doing that. Any other player on the pitch would be penalised for it but goalkeepers get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669