Leicester 5 Doncaster 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a group of kids who have never been to a live match before. They f***ing loved it!

My main point: Vassell looks a completely different player when played up top. His movement and ball control is excellent and opened up holes in their defence all second half. This is his position at this level!

Bedner: On what I've seen can go back to WBA I'd rather have Howard, he can't hold up play, his passing is terrible and his movement is slow and laboured.

Naughton and Cunningham, absolute quality. What a sweet left peg Cunningham has. And when you think how young they both are

And Abe is different gravy. Gave away one ball all afternoon. His reading of the game and tidying up behind midfield and in front of defence is a pleasure to watch. And every aspiring midfielder should watch his play and in particular the discipline he shows in his play is just top Class.

All in all and bar a few mad moments it was an absolute pleasure to watch today.

Pretty much says what I think. The niece thoroughly enjoyed seeing her first ever 5 goal haul. :038:

I would like to add that it was never, ever, a penalty. I'm surprised to find us benefiting from such a decision; normally we're on the receiving end. I would like to think that our performance in the second half was our own doing, and not Donny falling to pieces after being hard done to. Although the way we played, I don't think I should be worrying about such triviality.

Obviously I have my tinted specs on, but from the highlights I saw last night, I thought Sullivan did a sliding tackle into Dyers legs BEFORE he got his hands on the ball. Would be useful if someone with a slo-mo recording could prove or disprove that.

As others have said though we get so many not given, arm around the throat the other week etc, we deserve an occasional dodgy decision our way.

The penalty decision was harsh.

I really don't think it was. If an outfield player launched himself feet first at an opponent or at the path of an opponent and with his back turned, it would be a foul. The fact that Sullivan is a goalkeeper makes it no different.

Goalkeepers already have the advantage that they can use their hands; that should be enough without refs also giving them a further advantage with differential refereeing. Well done, Mr Linington.

Obviously I have my tinted specs on, but from the highlights I saw last night, I thought Sullivan did a sliding tackle into Dyers legs BEFORE he got his hands on the ball. Would be useful if someone with a slo-mo recording could prove or disprove that.

As others have said though we get so many not given, arm around the throat the other week etc, we deserve an occasional dodgy decision our way.

It doesn't matter whether he got to the ball first or not - just as it doesn't matter whether an outfield player gets to the ball first or not.

I really don't think it was. If an outfield player launched himself feet first at an opponent or at the path of an opponent and with his back turned, it would be a foul. The fact that Sullivan is a goalkeeper makes it no different.

Goalkeepers already have the advantage that they can use their hands; that should be enough without refs also giving them a further advantage with differential refereeing. Well done, Mr Linington.

We watched the replay at half-time and came to the same conclusion, despite us all thinking before we watched that we were lucky. I think the ref got it right.

The penalty decision was probably one of those you get 1 in 50 times. However, it did change the game and came at the crucial point just before half time. The real surprise was the Donny back four, who'd looked in no trouble at all during the 1st half but were all over the place during the 2nd.

Thought Cunningham was MOM and closely followed by Wellens and Naughton. No-one was worse than 6/10 and finally we ply a game where we take our chances. Very encouraging but we need to sort the inconsistent away form.

So when Gerry Taggart used to take ball and attacker into touch, that is now a no-no?
Unfortunately that style of football is a dying breed. We now have to contend with great big fecking wimps who ponce about and go down quicker than Jordan.

Just read through the whole thread, Wellens lost his man for there goal, he let him run into box and never tracked him, just about his only mistake. Abe is just class, he has adjusted to the pace of game and it will be a pity to lose him in January. The people round me call Naughton, Forest (as in Gump) he was awesome and has a massive engine, but I agree with others Cunningham was MOM, is the Ipswich game on TV

Just read through the whole thread, Wellens lost his man for there goal, he let him run into box and never tracked him, just about his only mistake. Abe is just class, he has adjusted to the pace of game and it will be a pity to lose him in January. The people round me call Naughton, Forest (as in Gump) he was awesome and has a massive engine, but I agree with others Cunningham was MOM, is the Ipswich game on TV

Saturday 5:20 PM on Sky :)

Hey, less of the insults towards Naughton, it's Forrest :018:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670