Post Match Leicester City 1 Charlton Athletic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may agree with you, however when does it stop being an over reaction? It seems to me we have lost games recently with a poor attitude showing through from the players.

I dont think we will gain automatic promotion this season, I never really have, our recent effort and attitude has been quite alarming and that coupled with the bare squad makes me believe I will be correct come the end of the season.

Then at the end of the season you can pat yourself on the back and say look at me, I told you so, but no, you wouldn't listen.
Do you come from Loughborough by any chance?

Our bench has plenty of quality and in my opinion is one of the strongest in the Championship

The quality that changes games? I have been to most of the games in the last 2 months and I can assure you our bench is no better than most.

I imagine there was a reason we didnt bring another striker on tonight when chasing the game, And Im quite sure it isnt because our bench is overflowing with midfield talent.

Dyer is almost always going to come on yet he's been pitiful the last 4 or so times. But we have nobody else to try. Marshall has been so average all year yet no sign of him being dropped because yet again we have no other option.

Many positions dont even have cover, even NP bangs on about how small the squad is.

I may agree with you, however when does it stop being an over reaction? It seems to me we have lost games recently with a poor attitude showing through from the players.

It's 3 losses.

I haven't seen you comment about the great attitude showing when we're winning (and looking very comfortable).

Glass half empty? And full of piss?!

I dont think we will gain automatic promotion this season, I never really have, our recent effort and attitude has been quite alarming and that coupled with the bare squad makes me believe I will be correct come the end of the season.

I don't think many of us expected automatics this season, and I think that the team have done well for us to be in with a realistic chance of that with 15 games to go.

St Ledger, Dyer, King, arguably Waghorn.

But obviously they are now all a bag of shit now that we've lost a few games...

I didn't say any of that did I?

Dyer, king, yes on their day can be good but both sadly are AWOL when the going gets tough. Waghorn - do me a favour, a wolf in sheepskin clothing.

St Ledger I don't know enough about or have seen enough to pass judgement.

Then at the end of the season you can pat yourself on the back and say look at me, I told you so, but no, you wouldn't listen.
Do you come from Loughborough by any chance?

I certainly wont be doing that, and no I dont.

At least I am consistent with my views, at least I put them out there to be examined and mauled by many on here. At least I try to back up my prediction with reasons as to why I think that way.

Many are just happy to attack others views without ever providing their own.

It's 3 losses.

I haven't seen you comment about the great attitude showing when we're winning (and looking very comfortable).

Glass half empty? And full of piss?!.

Obviously you have not read my posts, If we do well I say so, I even go to massive extremes and single out individual players for adding something excellent to a game.

But lets just ignore that.

I find it funny how some people defend those who boo at games and yet others who simply put their view on a message board, causing no harm to the morale of the side get told they have a glass full of piss.

And tomorrow the mockery rolls out the usual.

Played well
Should have been more clinical
Plenty of games to go
We should have won
Kermogant
Bollocks, bollocks and more bollocks

I blame the illuminated advertising hoarding. Shocking.

A stunningly average, if well organised, opposition - and we didn't have a feckin' clue

Absolute garbage

Obviously you have not read my posts, If we do well I say so, I even go to massive extremes and single out individual players for adding something excellent to a game.

But lets just ignore that.

In responding to your posts, I quite clearly responded to the individual opinions that you gave. I see no harm in discussing your individual points against the back-drop of tonight, irrespective of your posting history.

And in regards to your posting history, I'm not sure I quite agree. A (very quick) scan of your posts in the previous post match threads for Burton (W), Bristol (W), Middlesbrough (W) and Wolves (W) show no such posts singling out players (except negatively...).

So I'm glad I did ignore that. :icon_wink

I find it funny how some people defend those who boo at games and yet others who simply put their view on a message board, causing no harm to the morale of the side get told they have a glass full of piss.

Apologies for using an analogy. I will stick to stone cold facts from now on.

Marshall tried to get down the outside but got forced too far wide, meaning he couldn't get any good deliveries in on his left. Knockaert was only interested in turning inside and getting doubled up on by the full back and their spare midfielder. For a few minuted either side of our goal we decided we actually wanted to get on their touch and rough them up, but five minutes of matching them at their game wasn't nearly enough.

It was frustrating to see us come up against a set of very basic but well executed tactics, which frankly wouldn't have yielded much for Charlton iff we hadn't conspired to pass the ball to Pritchard in the penalty area for the first. They gave us a kick, had a little roll around and argued decisions, and the Leicester players' heads went down. Of course the general atmosphere in the place doesn't help, any sideways or backwards passes met by grumbles. Okay, there were times when players like James and Koncheskey could have been a little more forward thinking, but for goodness sake as long as they keep the ball and don't miss a blatently obvious pass to a teammate in a great position, whats the problem?

Generally though, we were second to loose balls and play around the box was occasionally too contrived and certainly not well executed enough. And I know Kermorgant had a run on Koncheskey to win the header that set Haynes up, but for ****s sake Paul, do something. He watched as Yann just brushed in front of him and said; 'Cheers man, good of you to give me the time and space to direct this header, which would otherwise have been quite difficult to pull off had it not been for the total lack of any kind of challenge'.

Last edited:
Really disappointing couple of weeks having previously got ourselves in a good position and then compounded by rivals all winning. I'm sure there will be more twists to follow.

A stunningly average, if well organised, opposition - and we didn't have a feckin' clue

Absolute garbage

An accurate assessment. Unfortunately, we came up against a side that sussed us out again. We're far too predictable and Powell worked out that, if we don't go in front early and the midfield gets congested, we're fecked.

Although he made a terrible mistake, I thought Drinkwater did well to come back into the game and performed well. Wood, whilst obviously not match fit, took his goal really well.

Knockaert was an absolute disgrace. He gave the ball away or greedily shot every time and disrupted our possession over and over again. That man is one quarter genius and three quarters liability. Schmeichel was not convincing at all from crosses and Keane was totally humiliated by Kermogant who was the best player on the pitch. Generally, we were leggy, sloppy and brain dead.

With regards to our manager, I've said everything I've got to say often enough already.

Whilst I do not agree with the booing from the crowd as it really doesn't help things at all, that was terrible tonight and if we really want to be in the mix for the top two come the end of the year, we need to get some players in as when teams like to sit back against us, we show very little creativity to break them down.

Probably not so annoyed by a loss but the apparent lack of urgency or willingness to dig deep is more annoying, Kasper was about the only one who seemed to want to get the game going ASAP.

A truly gutless display. Players were waiting for the ball to arrive at their feet instead of moving to it and , as we too often do, we lost most (or din't bother challenging for) second balls. The writing was on the walll early on when even the simplest of passes were going astray. Even when we had a half decent minute spell before their winner the lack of off the ball movement when we attempted to attack was frutrating to watch.

Drinkwater has correctly been criticised for their opener but I think Konchesky deserves a bit of stick for their winner. The strike was stunning but Konchesky was caught out by a speculative hump forward and his defending was poor. I hesitate to say that Charltom deserved the win but I am more than happy that we deserved to lose.

People are correct to say that we were always going to have a bad run. But these two league defeats do show that our rivals have something that we don't; the ability to punish us when we fall short. Nine points to second, games in hand or not, is a hell of a gap to make up.

Teams that get promoted usually have a strong mental attitude. They dont panic, and have faith in their ability to turn games that are going against them. I dont see that in this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566