Post Match Leicester City 2 - 0 Swindon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

And maybe you'd be less arsey with more money.
If I had all that money I'd buy a second hand Scoda. I just couldn't have it on my conscience that I was spending all of that money so frivolously. No, wait, I would in fact refuse the money and the job and go and work in McDonalds.

Lako42

If I had all that money I'd buy a second hand Scoda. I just couldn't have it on my conscience that I was spending all of that money so frivolously. No, wait, I would in fact refuse the money and the job and go and work in McDonalds.

The problem is not that he is buying a car, it is that someone of his talents is rewarded with these means, this is merely an example of the shockingly out of control wage situation. In football.

Rich B

He was, and always is an absolute steaming pile of Shit. Seeing him pull into the ground in his 50k car is even more of an insult.
You should see the cars in Forest car park, now that is shameful bearing in mind the shite they keep dishing up

Mawsley

Di ****io gives his verdict...

2ed01679-31d5-0a09.jpg

Profondo Rosso

I've never forgiven him for that late dive for Charlton against us. One of the most gutting/frustrating games I can ever remember. We dominated Charlton that game, they never looked like getting back into it til that.

TornadoShaunUK

In the first half I thought Swindon played the better football and might have gone in 2-1 up had it not been for Kasper making superb saves. In the second half I thought the back four defended well although I found Mills annoying. He does tend to overhit passes and then blame the other player. In the last ten minutes Swindon just seemed to give up.
Gallagher will always divide supporters. He is tecnically very good but dislikes the physical game - he tackles but you can tell he does not enjoy it. Danns is the opposite. He clearly enjoys the battle. However, Danns first touch is very poor even at this level. Seeing the great Frank Worthington I cannot help repeating (yet again) his complaint about modern players like Danns that "They can trap the ball further than I could kick it."

I thought Konchevsky deserved to be sent off. However, I cannot agree with "God wears no 9" that Danns deserved a booking. I had a good view of the incident in question and it was a superb tackle - Danns at his best. One problem for referees is that the very best tackles happen very quickly and at an angles where it is difficult to believe the ball was one cleanly. The referee hot that right.

It is strange how people see things differently. I thought Peltier played well - especially in the second half. I began the season expecting him to be second choice to Pantsil but as it happens I think he is better than Konchevsky.

This has to have been a big moment for Hopper. With Waghorn and Schlupp injured and Nathan unable to play he suddenly found himself way up the pecking order. Good for the young man - I bet there was a nice phone call to mum after the game.

Pretty much agree with you. Thought it was odd people saying Peltier had a bad game. I don't think too many did have a bad game against Swindon really, sometimes you just have to give the opponents credit for playing well but as I said, I thought Gallagher was disappointing. His passing was poor, his open play crossing was poor and his set piece deliveries are so inconsistant. He is capable of putting good balls into the box... once in every ten attempts.

H T B

Pleased to get through. After a cracking start, game turned into a practise game before Swindon woke up and gave us a few scares.
Secodn half, much more in control of the game.

Gallagher, may be the most technically gifted player we have, that ain't no feckin use if you can't do the basics correctly.
In the first half, his positional sense was dire. Often drifting into the middle and leaving Pelts with 2 men to defend against.
As for Pelts, he needs to improve on his own positional sense pretty sharpish.

Filthy Rich

Banned
Gallagher, may be the most technically gifted player we have, that ain't no feckin use if you can't do the basics correctly.

Extracts from the club's website match report.....

'Beckford was at it again eight minutes later, forcing a fine save from Wes Foderinham despite handling the ball in controlling Gallagher's pass.

Within eight minutes of the restart, Beckford doubled his total. Richie Wellens found Gallagher in space down the right, his cross was nudged away from the goalmouth by Paul Caddis and Beckford side-footed into the roof of the net.

St. Ledger headed a Gallagher corner just wide on the hour-mark.

David Nugent, industrious all afternoon, saw a downward header saved by Foderingham from Gallagher's right-wing cross.'

We could easily have won with 4 goals from Gallagher 'assists'. Not bad for a player who had to leave the pitch with a back injury before half-time in the previous game.

But hey, let's all pick on a player at random, hurl abuse at him during the game and destroy his confidence so that he always has a bad game and eventually gets dropped.

Matt_B

'Beckford was at it again eight minutes later, forcing a fine save from Wes Foderinham despite handling the ball in controlling Gallagher's pass.

Within eight minutes of the restart, Beckford doubled his total. Richie Wellens found Gallagher in space down the right, his cross was nudged away from the goalmouth by Paul Caddis and Beckford side-footed into the roof of the net.

David Nugent, industrious all afternoon, saw a downward header saved by Foderingham from Gallagher's right-wing cross.'

We could easily have won with 4 goals from Gallagher 'assists'. Not bad for a player who had to leave the pitch with a back injury before half-time in the previous game.

But hey, let's all pick on a player at random, hurl abuse at him during the game and destroy his confidence so that he always has a bad game and eventually gets dropped.

There is nothing there about him tackling though, all players must tackle hard, apparently.

Lako42

Did you go to the game Rich or just basing your opinion on a few lines written on our notoriously lousy and bias OS (Which would obviously be a bit stupid)?

Filthy Rich

Banned
Did you go to the game Rich or just basing your opinion on a few lines written on our notoriously lousy and bias OS (Which would obviously be a bit stupid)?

No, I wasn't at the game. I also based my opinion on the many previous occasions I've seen Gally play and on the TV highlights shown on Saturday night as well. Agreed, no substitute for actually being there.

A few games ago Ritchie Wellens was a victim of the boo boys for being off form. Now it's obviously Gally's turn. Probably be Peltier next.

God help Wes Morgan if he ever makes a single mistake.......

Lako42

No, I wasn't at the game. I also based my opinion on the many previous occasions I've seen Gally play and on the TV highlights shown on Saturday night as well. Agreed, no substitute for actually being there.

A few games ago Ritchie Wellens was a victim of the boo boys for being off form. Now it's obviously Gally's turn. Probably be Peltier next.

I don't Boo, never have and never will, I was very disappointed with Wellens but the last 3 games he has been very good (The Swindon game probably not as good) Gally however has flattered to deceive every time I have seen him play this season, I'm not picking on him and I certainly don't feel the need to have a single scapegoat, Gally is actually a type of player I would usually like to watch, however his supposed amazing technical ability is totally lost on me, He fails miserably with the basics of the game at the same time. Yes he does occasionally score a marvelous 25 yard screamer but look where that has got Andy King.

Probably be better in the Premier but unfortunately we don't have the ability to carry such a lightweight Luxury player like Gally.

It's all opinions at the end of the day.

Last edited:

H T B

Filthy, 3 of the 4 moments you picked out were in the second half.
I said in the 1st half PG's positional sense was dire.
Maybe NP gave PG a verbal during the halftime break.
Coincidence?

Oh and by the time the second half kicked off we could've been 2 or 3 -1 down.

FOX Franks

Filthy Rich said:

No rich. No boo boys or negativity. Gallagher had a shit game Saturday. Every touch seemed to go wrong, he perhaps made 2 decent balls in the game. Not necessarily a players fault… just a bad game. I was there btw. Though damns had a cracker and beckford looked dangerous for the whole thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669