Pre Match Leicester City v Tottenham - POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i read somewhere that they are looking at numbers of players with failed covid tests as the trigger to cancel games. General injuries and unvaccinated players isolating due to close contacts etc dont count.

I think i read somewhere that they are looking at numbers of players with failed covid tests as the trigger to cancel games. General injuries and unvaccinated players isolating due to close contacts etc dont count.

If a team has a bunch of injuries and the only cover for them are out with Covid seems a fair call for a postponement. On the other hand the argument can be made that we can still make a team with the youth/U23 players.

Probably wait until a few hours before the game to call it off

Spurs asked for this to be called off so they could play their Europa game which is probably why the PL said no. Maybe they will change their minds tomorrow when it's too short notice for the Europa game to be switched in.

Goodbye to Footie for the next few weeks I think. At least, that will give us more time to get our full squad fully fit for the run-in. Not all bad news in a sea of fog.

Just been listening to R5L. Apparently both clubs still saying that the match needs to be postponed. Personally I don't think another postponement for Spurs will make much difference to the schedule; the way this outbreak is accelerating it can't be long before the game is shut down again.

Worked well for Joshua Kimmich.
Hindsight. He wouldn't have said that if he had no problem.

Incidentally, i can't recall any player in all of professional football who has (thus far) had any major consequence of getting covid.

I'm going for my booster soon. Not a fan of needles (unless it's a tattoo!). Last time, my arm was heavy it felt weird wanking.

They would pass the virus on more easily and to more people
That's incorrect. The vaccine drastically decreases the chance of hospitalization and death for whoever catches the virus, but the vaccinated are still very much contagious. How much less contagious they are vs the unvaccinated isn't yet clear. All these "studies" showing different things.

Oh cool, didn't know. Then again i don't watch the news or keep up with anyone none LCFC related. Nice to see he's back on it.

Of the reported 113,000 pro-footballers, I'd be shocked to if the number was anything other than negligible.

It's all based on experience though isn't it? Players who have had it and were asymptomatic would likely think different to someone like Darlow. He's bound to warn others, he wouldn't have done if he was one o the mild cases.

The news at the moment, regardless of format and content is difficult to extract the truth from. Important ‘selective’ reports appear such as “one person dies while having omicron” and 78,000 new infections today, context is so critical. So, of the 78,000, did we test more therefore providing an artificially high perception without context?

The media coverage of this is nothing sort of disastrous.

And before anyone draws any conclusions that I am some sort of anti-vax nutter, you couldn’t be further from the truth, I had my third jab (booster) last Friday.

I wonder how many goals we can concede from a corner with no fit centr halves. An unfathomable amount.
Who have Spurs got out? I bet its none of Kane Son or Moura.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669