Pre Match Leicester City Vs Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southampton fans don't seem to be very confident about this game.

Some comments from Saintsweb:

can only see a loss right now- just devoid of confidence unfortunately- but I'm gonna go for a draw or a tight Leicester win.

Another defeat on the road.

On the original thread I said that I thought we'd get tonked, and 24 hours on I still feel the same unfortunately. I can see Nugent scoring, just to really hack me off, hate to say it but worse defeat of the season, 4 - 0 Leicester. Dreading it!

one point from a possible fifteen from our last five aways,not good
hopefully we get something from this one but feel the momentum is with Leicester

2-0 Leicester, sadly.

1-3 ... can't see the lads being able to muster the fight to overcome what has been a good Leicester side for quite sometime.

Last away of the season for me so I'm going to optimistically predict that Saints will reward my efforts this season by only losing 1-0.

Which team wants the win the most ? Leicester, surely. Which team has most at stake ? Leicester. Leicester will make the extra yard, be prepared to go into crunching tackles. Our players will want to avoid an injury just before their holidays. Also, are they really bothered about qualification for the Europa Cup ? Is the club that bothered ?
All points to a Leicester win unless RK can motivate them and sting the Saints into a reply after the Sunderland result.

Would be nice to see us turn up and compete, but Leicester will want this far more than us, which is disappointing. It's been a pretty lame end to a good season.

On recent away performances this will be another tough one...to put it mildly.

Thinking about this game and it is going to be an interesting contest. Leicester are really fired up, more so than the Saints I would expect. Having said that if we can weather the inevitable blitz in the first 20 minutes it could create space for us to counter attack.
I was going to say that we have struggled when teams 'park the bus' but then again we struggled against Sunderland that played a high tempo game.
Perhaps it comes down to the will to win and I reckon Leicester have more to gain than us ?

Yes, the first 20 minutes are key. Leicester will do their 'Charge of the Light Brigade' routine again. I hope we have 11 men behind the ball and try to retain possession. Won't be easy and they will press us to the hilt. We'll struggle to get it out of our half during this period.
As you say, if we can weather that storm, the game will likely open up. So if it's still 0-0 after 30 minutes, we have a good chance of stealing it.

Pearson named manager of the month. The kiss of death? Hopefully times nicely for tomorrow!
Can't say I'm to optimistic.

I thought that, unfortunately the kiss of death for MOTM is a myth. A team riding high on confidence against a team struggling lately to pull some results out of the bag away from home. This is the type of game we see if Koeman has the tactics up his sleeve. I win would be amazing and I'm going for a 2-1 saints victory.

What a miserable set of bastards, is that what Soton fans have become? And saying they don't want European football....madness for a club of their size Imo

I'm expecting an exciting game.

They deserve to get beat with that outlook.

Last edited:
every game becoming a "massive one" but this could be a great weekend. Burnley and QPR could officially drop and we could take a commanding lead over Sunderland. not sure of the maths but i hope were mathmatically safe before last game (didnt think id be saying that a few weeks ago). The team/formation picks itself although Nuge will return to the bench. Teams will be wary of us now, especially the fast start. Southanpton were in "holiday mood" last week lets hope they bring a bucket and spade, im going for hard fought tense narrow win 1-0 Ulloa

I shall be cheering Burnley on to a win over Hull to put daylight between us and Hull and Sunderland, when they get tonked by Everton.

No different to what Brown Nose has been posting each and every week for the past five years.....

At least he's consistent.

It's better than the ones who call for PeaSon's head one minute then apologise for getting it wrong before cycling through the sorry process over and over.

Arguably the easy part is to come out of the blocks all pistons go. The hard part is keeping up the momentum, concentration etc etc for the full match.

Last edited:
The lucky undies are on their second run

I shall be cheering Burnley on to a win over Hull to put daylight between us and Hull and Sunderland, when they get tonked by Everton.
3 point lead and restoration of goal diff superiority for the Mighty Hull at close of play tomozz.Sorry but Nige seems to have cursed your chances accepting his award

3-2 to them. The defensive weakness exposed against a very good side.

They are 15th on the form table, have failed to win in last 6 away games. 3 wins in 11.

I'm with Mr. Predictor...home win.

Last edited:
They won't keep on losing. We also won't keep winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566