Pre Match Leicester v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there we are then. For all the marbles. Shit or bust. Mano a Mano. Rodgers v the hobbit. Foxes v Devils, a referee, and the occupants of the VAR suite.

All I can say is thank god our amazing defence is fully in tact and we don’t have to rely on some academy lads, a reject from Wolves, and an excellent captain who hasn’t played much more than 90 minutes all season. That would have been a massive ask requiring a very positive approach to the game to stand any hope.

D26BAD4D-DF64-45F5-A612-867E74DD8D3E.jpeg

The thing is, as I predicted, Man City getting let off their ban looks like being the thing that stuffs us. That's hard to take.

I mean you gotta keep things in your own hands and not rely on other influences. And whilst it is still in our hands, it's the last match of the season and we need to make something happen. It's so ****ing frustrating. We shot ourselves in the foot. What gets me the most is our lack of backbone vs Watford for example or stupid losses to Norwich, Bournemouth etc. Every point counts. I hope we learn from this and grow as a team.

I mean you gotta keep things in your own hands and not rely on other influences. And whilst it is still in our hands, it's the last match of the season and we need to make something happen. It's so ****ing frustrating. We shot ourselves in the foot. What gets me the most is our lack of backbone vs Watford for example or stupid losses to Norwich, Bournemouth etc. Every point counts. I hope we learn from this and grow as a team.
True, but then Chelski and manure will also be ruing their silly dropping of points.

We haven't conceded a PL goal at home since February, when Man City beat us 0-1.

Since restart we've picked up seven points out of nine at home. It's playing away from home where we've collapsed. Away since New Years Day, we have three draws and five losses in the league.

The ref will be crucial. VAR too, given how the Man Utd players love to take a tumble for a penalty. After all, that's what Rashford did at Old Trafford against us to win it.

I was happy with a Man Utd draw because I thought they'd smash West Ham and take away our goal difference advantage.

At least this way, any win is still enough for us.

The Chelsea result is of course huge for us, in that a draw could now be enough depending on their next game.

But they showed character to come back against Liverpool, albeit still losing.

Wolves are a good team and I'm glad they also need a win but I dont think they will beat Chelsea.

Our players need to believe they need to win it. If they go in thinking a draw might be enough, we will be ****ed.

And besides, 3rd is better than 4th. I'll take either at this stage, but 4th means additional qualifiying games doesn't it?

And besides, 3rd is better than 4th. I'll take either at this stage, but 4th means additional qualifiying games doesn't it?
Nope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570