Let's NOT start the Witch Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my mind he's not worth a gamble.
A gamble would be giving him a year's contract on high wages.

He would be worth giving a trial, because it wouldn't cost us much and we'd get the chance to see if he fits in. But that wouldn't be a gamble.
if that is the only hang up you have,jfh said it wasnt about the money he wanted to play football. im sure if hes telling the truth and theres nothing to suggest otherwise maybe we could have got him for a deal that was good for us.

jeff where have you seen what he was offered :102:

Last edited:
if that is the only hang up you have,jfh said it wasnt about the money he wanted to play football. im sure if hes telling the truth and theres nothing to suggest otherwise maybe we could have got him for a deal that was good for us.

I don't care about the money, if he's worth the wages. What I care about is whether he can still play well and fit in with the squad. A trial should give us the answers to that. No point committing to a one or two year contract for someone if they're not good enough or would be a disruptive influence.

They are facts though surely? We all know these things no?
are they, back them up with some evidence.

big time charlie- hes a football player ffs
paid a lot of money-what was he offered :102:
way past his best-n'gotty doing ok
primadonna-hes a football player
old big bum-nothing to do with football whats so ever :018:

Why would you be sure he's telling the truth? I'd think it is more likely that MM is the only person who was prepared to pay him £20K a week - which is why he was interested.

I don't care about the money, if he's worth the wages. What I care about is whether he can still play well and fit in with the squad. A trial should give us the answers to that. No point committing to a one or two year contract for someone if they're not good enough or would be a disruptive influence.
we are getting on to some common ground here. you have a fair comment as regards a trial period (maybe a month from when he plays his first game). i just think a longer period so he can get his shooting boots up to speed :icon_wink

Why would you be sure he's telling the truth? I'd think it is more likely that MM is the only person who was prepared to pay him £20K a week - which is why he was interested.
why would anybody question anybody on what they have said .our courts would be in a fine state if they took your approach :eek:

precisely...i wouldnt be surprised if the loan thing was mentioned to him and he turned it down because he is above that and deserved an out and out contract and if thats the case he wasnt going to announce it to everyone be saying he turned down a trial period (which i expect wouldve led to a contract if he proved himself etc) because that would put him off to other clubs who may be interested in him:102:

Well if he had signed for us he probably would have been

what recent evidence have you go that jfh is better than what weve got that he couldnt get into the charlton side and was more out than in at boro before they got rid??? if he is that good why is he busy looking for a club a week into the new season?? :102:

big time charlie- let's not be facetious, even the most moderate of football fans would agree the acrimonious spells he had at Middlesbro' and Charlton (wherein he nearly destroyed the club according to Pardew) would suggest he has a huge ego, which is only ok when you're doing the business.
paid a lot of money - Oh, so you think JFH would really joing us for the same money as Ricky Sappleton? I don't know what he was offered, only the people around him do, but when I called Athole Still for his opinion last night I was told JFH would be paid considerably more than most, if not ALL other strikers in the league.
way past his best - n'gotty doing ok - defenders vrs strikers. I agree, he does seem to be, time will tell.
primadonna-hes a football player - well spotted.
old big bum-nothing to do with football whats so ever - lighten up.

We won last night with a crap performance: something that happened most weeks under Brian Littlewithout much complaint.
And we've lost 1 other game.
MA needs several months before we can see what he can make of the side and for our best side to make itself evident.
Even now it ssems like some people think 2 games is fair cop to start making sweeping judgements and hang a manager out to dry, even though last years captain (Kisnorbo) and one of the prospects we are most excited about (Kaebi) have yet to set foot on the pitch, AND Mandaric's promised 3 or 4 new signings have not yet been added (1 or 2 of which i presume will materialise).
MA's putting in some hard work, building a side annd LETS NOT FORGET A RESERVE SIDE ASWELL, whilst restoring the ABSOLUTELY SHATTERED confidence of home fans and any players who were involved over the last three seasons. Even Alex Ferguson couldn't do that in 2 competitive games. In fact he only managed it after 3 years.

SO, MA's turned down a move for Fowler (allegedly) and JFH? IMO that means he doesn't want expensive strikers on the wage bill, who he isn't sure have still got desire. And who is to say that isn't a sound judgement? After all, We've had Keown, Mancini, Howe, Dublin, Freund etc all coming to Leicester with massive top flight pedigree and picking up their money whilst adding virtually NOTHING to our championship/premiership campaigns.
1-0 to MA in my opinion, particularly if he's working to a certain budget.

Anyway, i'm getting dragged into specifics when I think all this stirring and conjecture is bollocks.

Us supporters should get behind the team is put out and try and instil some confidence in them through 'support'. It's never been more needed than it is now.

Allen's replacement if you believe the Mirror. :102: ;)

Paul Jewell only please, and that's only if MA fails, and we have absolutely no idea yet whether he will or not.

In my mind he's not worth a gamble.
A gamble would be giving him a year's contract on high wages.

Fair enough....

but.....

A gamble that the man who pays the money was prepared to take........

Paul Jewell only please, and that's only if MA fails, and we have absolutely no idea yet whether he will or not.

id go along with that but will he or any other manager like the chairman sticking his nose in by picking the managers players :102:

id go along with that but will he or any other manager like the chairman sticking his nose in by picking the managers players :102:

I think the respect would be far more mutual there, Harry got it down with him after all and Jewell has a far more im,pressive record than MA.

big time charlie- let's not be facetious, even the most moderate of football fans would agree the acrimonious spells he had at Middlesbro' and Charlton (wherein he nearly destroyed the club according to Pardew) would suggest he has a huge ego, which is only ok when you're doing the business.
paid a lot of money - Oh, so you think JFH would really joing us for the same money as Ricky Sappleton? I don't know what he was offered, only the people around him do, but when I called Athole Still for his opinion last night I was told JFH would be paid considerably more than most, if not ALL other strikers in the league.
way past his best - n'gotty doing ok - defenders vrs strikers. I agree, he does seem to be, time will tell.
primadonna-hes a football player - well spotted.
old big bum-nothing to do with football whats so ever - lighten up.
alex your like a dog with a bone. lets agree to disagree :icon_wink

what recent evidence have you go that jfh is better than what weve got that he couldnt get into the charlton side and was more out than in at boro before they got rid??? if he is that good why is he busy looking for a club a week into the new season?? :102:
we will never know if we dont give him or someone else of his stature a chance
the key is a chance :icon_wink

The man who pays the money is not the man who picks the team. Well he shouldn't be, anyway.
MA may have thought the money would be better spent on a left back, left winger and creative midfielder.

I agree about the team bit - and am not defending MM here.

Not many managers actually negotiate T&C's anymore though, so whether MA thought it was worth it or not is irrelevant....

Also, does anyone know whether MM said he couldn't still spend it on said LB, LW & AM aswell as JFH......?

The man who pays the money is not the man who picks the team. Well he shouldn't be, anyway.
MA may have thought the money would be better spent on a left back, left winger and creative midfielder.
we arent defending or scoring at the mo :icon_cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670