Leyton Orient

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy with the win, and in a way the way we got it too.

We showed in the first few weeks that we could win games (comfortably) when we were allowed to have it our own way and place nice football... then last week everyone said we were dire when we had to fight more... So with a result like this where we've had to really grind it out almost, its good to see that the team has that to them, because we'll get plenty of games like that this year, and there the tough games.

Glad we won, but for long periods of the game our midfield was awful. They looked lightweight, and offered no challenge at all, just like last week against Millwall.

What's the score with all the flats in the corners? Do these people not know it's illegal to drink alcohol in view of the pitch? Humph.

We were chuffing awful. How they didn't win only God knows.

Midfield were so poor. Dyer who at least looked interested is avoided from criticism. Oakley and Gradel didn't look interested. King was just poor - weak and marking terrible (the best thing he did all game was wind up the cockneys on him scoring). We let 'Bully' - Chambers constantly make forward runs into our box. Tunchev and Morrison were having to mark four men.

But I'll take the three points. Also big thumbs up to Nicky Adams, he galvanised the team.

Last edited:
Judging by what i've read and heard I find it odd why Adams doesn't start

Judging by what i've read and heard I find it odd why Adams doesn't start

He'd be a cert for me to start the next league. He always wanted the ball, always asking for it, always looking for it.

He came on and was full of energy. On about 70 minutes, the fans began getting restless and then Adams put some effort into chasing down a player. He didn't win the ball but he worked his bollocks off. This got the away fans going again and it woke some players up.

Gradel's mind looks elsewhere to me.....

Did anyone just see reading first goal at Watford?

Unbelievable stuff.

Heard about it yesterday so waited to see the highlights today.

How on earth the lino gave that as a goal I'll never know!

BTW, there's a plonker on TFF who is rabbiting on about fans on the pitch and how bigheaded all Leicester fans are for thinking it's ok to run onto the pitch. And he does mean all. Lovely sweeping generalisations about us thinking we can do what we like because we are a big club.:icon_roll Forget the game itself, that's all he is interested in. It's quite funny tbh.

[YOUTUBE]MpwAxBtxE_M[/YOUTUBE]

:icon_lol::038::icon_lol::038::icon_lol:

ha ha, quality

gutted i didn't go, had to go a mate's f**king-off-to-new-zealand drinks..

It was such a great feeling at the end, proper smash and grab! We were rubbish for large parts of the game but still won - the kind of win that hopefully wins leagues.

King was hopeless IMO and his goal just papered over a few cracks. Gradel and Gilbert were also rubbish. But I thought Morrison was superb, Tunchev is a rock. And slag him all you will, but Fryatt twice hit the bar and then got the goal he deserved.

Also surprised this hasn't been mentioned, but what went on with Martin in the first half? He caught the ball outside the box and didn't even get booked, but Morrison did. Strange. Think the ref (who was poor) bottled it.

Last edited:
What was the news on Dickov :102:

Back problem.

Im always amazed at peoples differing views on players performances. My mate said that Adams was totally useless and could not beat a traffic cone yesterday.

What are the views of those that attended?

Back problem.

Im always amazed at peoples differing views on players performances. My mate said that Adams was totally useless and could not beat a traffic cone yesterday.

What are the views of those that attended?

Though Adams was poor but caused a few problems with his decent crosses.
As for Gradel he was awful. He could do with a few games on the bench.

Though Adams was poor but caused a few problems with his decent crosses.
As for Gradel he was awful. He could do with a few games on the bench.

you mean those magnetic travel games.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669