Lineker v The BBC

Just a simple question. No paperwork but have smartphones. Just wondering how they pay the bills.
You have to leave your safe, warm, Nottingham home suddenly and without warning. As you run, do you grab your phone (which may have been in your pocket all along) or rifle through your drawers for documents that you may or may not need at wherever you're going?

You have to leave your safe, warm, Nottingham home suddenly and without warning. As you run, do you grab your phone (which may have been in your pocket all along) or rifle through your drawers for documents that you may or may not need at wherever you're going?
So all these thousands of people all rushed out of their homes in a complete panic forgetting their passports and/or other documentation but remembering their mobile phones

FFS and folks on here call me stupid and deluded

So all these thousands of people all rushed out of their homes in a complete panic forgetting their passports and/or other documentation but remembering their mobile phones

1/ They may not have passports. If you are penniless and living in a state that wants to control you, you don't get one
2/ If your phone is the most critical thing in your life, yes. Ask your kids - if the house is on fire - are they saving phone or passport?

Did someone remove your empathy and ability to imagine what the situation might be like in other countries Rich?

Not saying places like Albania are definitely like that, but they make up only a percentage. Lots of other people here have genuinely been forced to flee from homes at a moment's notice.

BN,

I think the point Hitchens is trying to infer is that he believes that the left hijacked the perception that the Nazi party were right wing. Fascism is both left and right and the result is no one can have an opposing opinion. He makes this assertion precisely as a result of the comments you have stated in bold, I believe he thinks that because he has walked that journey and been in both camps so to speak. Hitchens IMO has a very real fear of what the left is capable of i.e. Russia (Bolsheviks, Stalin) /China (Mao)/Cambodia (Pol Pot). Whether he is right or wrong is surely their for debate and for his article to be examined and for the consensus to fall where it may?

I agree with the poem that Ted posted they are lessons from history that if ignored we are doomed to repeat. As for championing the post that I am a troll because I disagree with your point of view is disappointing, especially from you, the fact that in 1930's Germany the opposition was cancelled makes your observation futile. I wanted to understand what you posted hence I asked the question, it provides me context and an insight to what you are thinking, as you have stated this is why people debate, it allows us to get to the truth of the matter.

The reason for my point of view ( this applies to all who read this ) and why I am against the language that has been used by Lineker, is down to the fact that I have been in some very, very unpleasant parts of this world, that, as a direct result of ideology both left and right and their use of language, has resulted in some of the most heinous crimes I have had the misfortune to witness. It has devastated people and have at times, left me questioning my own faith in us as human beings.

The fact that others have told me to **** off and that I am a **** speaks more about their character and how they show understanding (rationale thinking) and empathy towards others they do not know. All because I dare to have a different opinion?

I think I will leave this here, thank you for taking the time to respond listening to my opinion and also for not shouting or swearing at me.
It is, to be fair, also the reason why the Labour party struggles to win votes. The Conservative Party, whether right or otherwise, welcome idiots with open arms, rather than mocking them.

An enlightened genius and a very-low-IQ idiot. Each vote counts as one.

To be honest I catch myself sometimes, during all this culture war nonsense and think ‘shut the **** up, Ted’

All it does is just do their bidding for them. Divide and conquer and all that.

Sorry if I’ve called anyone a ****, deserved or not. Time to knock it on the head for a bit, it’s bad for the old noggin.
You haven't called me a **** and I'm offended.

You ****.

OK. According your lot I'm just *insert relative insult* so here's the deal. You are totally against my viewpoint on the dinghy people so why do you think these numerous people have bypassed numerous safe countries to arrive on our shores with no paperwork?

Go on. Educate me.
There is no legal requirement for them to stop in the first safe country. This is another made up story to fool gullible ****s like you into thinking that The Daily Mail is a factual document.

So you’re happy with these boat loads of blokes arriving on our shores?
Compare that to those fleeing the Ukraine
Chalk n ****ing cheese

Sometimes I think a lot of you just argue with Rich B because it’s the done thing as he is a Trees supporter

I think said people need to grow up
You can **** off too.

Ignorant ****.

I see what you mean BM. It's much better this way.

I have no idea what I'd do in this hypothetical situation but if there was a choice of several safe countries I would seek the one with a welfare system to house and feed me.
I'm not too sure why tens of thousands of illegal immigrants living here free of charge and leeching off the country whilst our own homeless are ignored wouldn't bother anyone...
For the last time, I have zero problems with people coming through the right channels ( pardon the pun) to obtain gainful employment but major problem with freeloaders.
There is is. The Daily Mail column.

He believes it as well.

You haven't called me a **** and I'm offended.

You ****.
Do you tell your wife that you love her every day? Or do you just make sure that she knows without having to say it?

You know that I think you’re a massive, reprehensible ****. Nothings changed, and it never will. You’re a ****, Pop. A ****ing **** xxx

Do you tell your wife that you love her every day? Or do you just make sure that she knows without having to say it?

You know that I think you’re a massive, reprehensible ****. Nothings changed, and it never will. You’re a ****, Pop. A ****ing **** xxx
You absolute bloody legend you.

I knew it really, but it doesn't hurt to be reminded from time to time, you know.

I knew it really, but it doesn't hurt to be reminded from time to time, you know.
And don’t you ever EVER talk to me about loganberry jam, up the arse or otherwise.

Surprise me and tell me that wherever you're currently and comfortably sat, your passport and other documents are closer to hand than your phone

It's beautiful to see this, have you both set a date for the wedding yet?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463