Lineker v The BBC

Can I ask what you classify as a 'genuine asylum seeker', as I honestly don't know?

What so many people (not just you) seem to forget about those boats is that it's not exactly a P&O cruise across the channel. It is an ordeal and a very risky move to make in a dinghy - let alone what goes on before that to make them willing to make that trip in that way - and yet people seem to conveniently forget all of that when talking about them "invading our country".
Everyone has choices, everyone!

There is no legal requirement for them to stop in the first safe country. This is another made up story to fool gullible ****s like you into thinking that The Daily Mail is a factual document.
My simple question is, why don't they stop in the first safe country?

Not read the last dozen or so pages but I hope Gary opens MOTD this Saturday with something along the lines of:

"it's good to be back and we've got boat loads of goals to show you tonight, most of them from immigrants."

Very difficult to multi quote on tablet but here goes.

1. All I'm saying is that very few women and children appear to be on these boats. You think differently fair enough.

2. All I'm saying is that if someone has a genuine need for asylum then why pick on the UK and enter the way they are. How about applying from a safe country. Oh. And if you think the refugee council is a balanced viewpoint....

3. No, they aren't from Afghanistan etc. They are from France which last time I looked wasn't a war zone which again begs the question. Why traipse across several safe countries to get into the UK?
If the UK simply stopped welfare for immigrants how many would still come?

4. Funny that how all the people welcoming these people steadfastly refuse to have anything to do with them. NIMBYism personified. So you believe that the tax system is there for foreign ( fact as they are foreign) folks to come over here and leech off the system - hotels and all found.

You believe that these people are either not here, not staying at hotels. Not economic immigrants but all a plot by Suella Braverman and Co to con us.

The Tories are in full destruct mode so you'll get your wish shortly when Labour get in to power - God forbid.

Our views are diametrically opposed so best draw a line under things now.
Agreed on the final point but I will say:

I am not saying it is not happening. What I am saying is it is nowhere the “hundreds of millions” that Braverman is talking about is utter crap.

Also - saying I’m not doing anything is bollocks. By that logic I am also not housing homeless people so obviously I don’t care about that either. I better tell Shelter.

I don’t think any amount of evidence would change your mind Rich but please remember - this government are only talking about it when they want to.

What are they trying to distract you from?

Agreed on the final point but I will say:

I am not saying it is not happening. What I am saying is it is nowhere the “hundreds of millions” that Braverman is talking about is utter crap.

Also - saying I’m not doing anything is bollocks. By that logic I am also not housing homeless people so obviously I don’t care about that either. I better tell Shelter.

I don’t think any amount of evidence would change your mind Rich but please remember - this government are only talking about it when they want to.

What are they trying to distract you from?
It should also be noted that the homeless situation in this country is equally complicated as refugees, and even if a particular government had the ambition to solve it, it would take years to unravel.

2. All I'm saying is that if someone has a genuine need for asylum then why pick on the UK and enter the way they are. How about applying from a safe country. Oh. And if you think the refugee council is a balanced viewpoint....
Because, for about the 15th time. There is no legal route you ****ing thick slug of a ****.

Because, for about the 15th time. There is no legal route you ****ing thick slug of a ****.
Wow, you are just not a nice person to know.
If people don't agree with you, you turn to insults.
Do you work in the diplomatic service by any chance?

My simple question is, why don't they stop in the first safe country?
Because they don't have to. It's really that simple. Nevertheless, I'll try, against my better judgement, to explain it.

'Safe' might mean not being shot at or raped, but it may also mean imprisoned in a camp with no access to health care, proper food or means of warmth. No employment, even for skilled and educated people who could add to society. No access to education for them or their children etc, etc...

Just because they have been forced to leave their homes, doesn't mean that they should be made to live like animals or have every and any choice taken away from them. If there was a legal route, like most countries in Europe have, to gain asylum then we'd halve the risks over night.

**** me, I think those few of you that think (and I use the term incredibly generously) like that dopey **** Rich, should all just put your white dresses on, burn a crucifix or two and have a circle wank.

Personally I don’t quite understand the reasons why some are willing to risk their lives to get to the UK.

But I don’t need to. Because the fact that they *are* willing to risk their lives to do so, is all I need to know. They wouldn’t be doing it if they weren’t desperate.

Personally I don’t quite understand the reasons why some are willing to risk their lives to get to the UK.

But I don’t need to. Because the fact that they *are* willing to risk their lives to do so, is all I need to know. They wouldn’t be doing it if they weren’t desperate.
Exactly. What a shit hole the UK is. Why would you bother. I'd stay in the south of France.

Being as you guys all have an extremely strong sense of empathy with these illegal immigrants and are welcoming them to the UK with open arms, how many of you are housing feeding and caring for at your own homes.....
I work with immigrants in a daily basis, most of whom are lovely, hard working people. On the other hand, I also come across many white British who are absolute ****ing scumbags, devoid of any moral compass.

I work with immigrants in a daily basis, most of whom are lovely, hard working people. On the other hand, I also come across many white British who are absolute ****ing scumbags, devoid of any moral compass.
I don't doubt that for a single solitary second but that wasn't what I asked though was it?

Let me explain it in nice simple terms.

The French leave them in shitty tents outside
Britain gives them hotel accommodation, full board and whatever they need.

Welfare dear boy. Welfare

I don't doubt that for a single solitary second but that wasn't what I asked though was it?
Apologies, I don't house them but I help to feed and educate them. Is that ok?

Let me explain it in nice simple terms.

The French leave them in shitty tents outside
Britain gives them hotel accommodation, full board and whatever they need.

Welfare dear boy. Welfare
You mean we should leave them in the tents?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3966
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854