LOAN Signings ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true, a budget was agreed & then the decision was made to back Kelly & bring in the 4 players going over the original budget.

A small part of that has been offset with the Hammill, Gerrbrand & DeVries departures (although in DeV case we still pay a significant part of his wages).

With crowds falling below 19k that puts further behind budget, we can't fund more wages.

So either RK delivers with what we have got, or we need to generate money be that via fresh investment or player sales in the longer run

Cue a mass exodus in January then, by which time it could be too little too late.

What was the point of loaning MDV out if we are still stuck with a significant part of his wages, so now with a small squad, we lose another option but still end up paying for it to the point where we cannot bring in a replacement, truth is I think that sums up the board in a nutshell or it shows how deep in the shite we really are in financial terms.

I fear the reason MDV isn't here is not a footbaling one.

We can't afford to pay most of his wages, it's dead money. We either need him here and utilising him, or he needs to be gone and the financial burden removed.

That statement is the reason why I think it is more of an emotional decision as opposed to a business and footballing one.

Last edited:

We can't afford to pay most of his wages, it's dead money. We either need him here and utilising him, or he needs to be gone and the financial burden removed.

That statement is the reason why I think it is more of an emotional decision as opposed to a business and footballing one.

It is a shocking admission by the Trust that the club is ran by clueless idiots.

It is a shocking admission by the Trust that the club is ran by clueless idiots.
If we can send MDV out on loan and pay a "significant" part of his wages, why can't we bring somebody in form another club on loan, and get the other club to contibute a "significant" amount of his wages to cover the balance :102:

Short sightedness, narrow mindedness and a total lack of a business brain or any sort of business plan

MDV was sent out on loan because RK was concerned that he would be a 'bad apple', making it difficult for him to maintain the respect of the other players.

MDV will never play for us again IMO.It would appear that Maybury and Sylla are well out of favour,thank feck in the latters case

MDV was sent out on loan because RK was concerned that he would be a 'bad apple', making it difficult for him to maintain the respect of the other players.
Which is more or less what I was saying, it's not an outright footballing decision. Thanks for confirming that, I hadn't heard the "exact" reason.

Why was he such a bad influence?

Last edited:
Did anyone notice he made a nice friend on Tuesday night, they were staring into each other eyes whilst stretching out, down by the corner flag.

I spent most of the game laughing at that nutcase sat behind you. He was an absolute mentalist.

Well Newton, that's completely ridiculous isn't it? We are a silly club we really are.

Well Newton, that's completely ridiculous isn't it? We are a silly club we really are.

I know, ive been good friend with MDV for a few years now he used to live near me when i lived in holland ,the way the club treated him was wrong IMO just becaues he's tall everybody said he should use his head more when in fact and he has stated meny time that he hates heading the ball and feels he plays better when the ball is at his feet which is true if you look back over the games he played for us

Well that just about sums it up, we are a fecking shambles, we have a small and inexperienced squad and yet we allow a player to move out on loan whilst still being saddled with a high proportion of the financial burden, preventing us from signing a replacement, the reason why..............

Kelly didn't have the balls to deal with the situation or better still sit down face to face with De Vries and resolve the differences, which would have enabled Kelly the luxury of another option as Striker.

What a fecking joke and a shambles this club really is :mad:

I know, ive been good friend with MDV for a few years now he used to live near me when i lived in holland ,the way the club treated him was wrong IMO just becaues he's tall everybody said he should use his head more when in fact and he has stated meny time that he hates heading the ball and feels he plays better when the ball is at his feet which is true if you look back over the games he played for us

Which by the way, when put against good defences in both Charlton and Spurs- he was sensational!

I don't get the whole long ball thing at City, really I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669