MA to get the AXE this week!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also saw the "chat with Roeder" on Sky today. However if he has had a chat with MM (and judging by what was said it looks like this could be true) I don't think that MM will be at all impressed by Roeder telling the world of what is going on (it doesn't exactly show MM in a good light and if I was in his position I would take a very dim view of that) I would go as far as saying that Roeder has probably just talked himself out of any chance of getting appointed (that is assuming that there would be a vacancy). Lets look at the facts. They had a tiff the other week. Since then we have beaten Accrington, drew with Palace and yesterday we played the best team in the division off the park. MA has sorted out the playing side of the club, he has a team with excellent spirit and belief. And also they are for the first time in living memory playing football. MM is impatient yes...but he ain't mad!!
Incedentally I think MA will leave us one day but it won't be because of MM forcing him out it will be because a top team will tap him up as their manager.

Whatever Roeder says has to be taken with a pinch of salt, he most probably will never work in football again as hes proved himself to be useless, if he can add fuel to the fire of a story about him being offered a good job it can only be good for him in the long run.

Whatever the NOTW has to say has to be taken with a pinch of salt cos its a shit rag.

I have e-mailed this message to Milan Mandaric ([email protected]) and I want you do do likewise:

May I just say that I feel the current state of affairs is more than a little worying.

Mr Mandaric, if you appointed Martin Allen to be manager of Leicester City you must give him the opportunity to actually manage my great football club. I have been here long before both of you came here and I will be here most likely long after both of you have gone. What is important in the meantime is that we have a sustained period of stability and growth. Martin Allen has been apointed to do that job. Not for one game. Not for three of four games. But for the long haul. He is the manager and he should pick the players that he wants and build the team in the way that he sees fit. If he should not be doing this then you have clearly appointed the wrong man for the job and that is probably why I am seeing media links with yes men like Glen Roder. I'm sure that Glen is a very nice man but I do not want him anywhere near my club. He oversaw the demise of West Ham and the Stagnation of Newcastle United. for him to even be linked to us should be an embarresment to you Mr Mandaric. You have picked your manager and you should stand by him.

I have to say well done to Martin Allen. I can see the passion and commitment coming back into my club. I can see the enthusiasm of the players and their willingness to try their very best. I can see your enthusiasm and it is a wonderful wonderful thing. It is contagious and spreading throughout the club. I want to see you do your job and I want to see you given a fair chance to do that job. You should not have players imposed on you like Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink. It is your job to manage the football team and your job to sign the players. You do not tell anyone how to go about the day to day running of the fooball club and neither should they tell you who to sign. I have to say this because I feel that it is vitally important.

In a nutshell you must both work together. As I said above I will always be here and this will always be my club and the best thing for the club is if you work together. Martin should be allowed to build and he should be given a number of years to do that. I never EVER want to switch on my television to catch those goals again to see someone like Glen Roder on goals on sunday commenting that nothing has been confirmed YET with regards to the possibility of him being manager of my club. MARTIN ALLEN IS THE MANAGER! We have an EXCELLENT manager.

Mr Mandaric if you foolishly act in haste now you will be left to repent your mistake at your leisure.

The people want consolidation and growth. They want Martin Allen to oversee this.

Regards,

i think its a great idea.

What a load of tripe, when are you lot going to grow up ? M&M is not a fool by any stretch of the imagination, nor is MA, they will have clashes, two very strong willed individuals are bound to have disagreements, but both are professionals, their both there to win, and MA's making a good job of it, quirky or not, its a laugh, breaks tension, its about team building, NoTW a load of tripe anyway, as someone said very lazy journalism, they printed the same story last week,typical of these rags keep repeating the same old boring rubbish. Lets get behind both of them, take this league, and shake it about a bit, who knows we might just get promoted !!

"Leicester owner Milan Mandaric wants ex-Wigan boss Paul Jewell to replace Allen if he is sacked. (The People)"

This was at the bottom of the webpage in the original link supplied on this thread re Allen being axed this week. If the other sunday paper comments (Roeder) are being discussed then surely Jewell should be getting a mention as well?!

Not that I believe everything I read in the tabloids, the (supposedly) page 3 girl's comment for example :081:

Last edited:
I wouldn't be quite so irritated by this thread if I could believe that people would let this drop when Martin Allen is still the City manager on Saturday.
Unfortunately, it doesn't take a genius to think that there will be another story of this ilk until such time as another easy story appears for the lazy journalist.

I for one could not care less if MA was sacked or not. One good result does not keep someone in a job. MA has been mouthing off to the wrong people.

I can't be arsed with this anymore.

If he was to be sacked I think I may well consider going to watch anymore.
I've not been feeling that great about City for a while and I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned.
A few years back I'd be delighted after a 4-1 win, yesterday I enjoyed it but the feeling didn't last and I still have an empty feeling about us.

Last edited:
don't piss on our fire just yet,great result yesterday against a top if not the best side in the division,MA's tatics were spot on yesterday,unless we get stuffed by the scum on tuesday night ,then MM might pull the trigger ,but i'm sure he will be our manager for some time.

I know he has been talking to the wrong people

Yes but which 'people' exactly? And what is he supposed to have said to these 'people'?

Unless you mean the redtop rag the Sunday People that is!

I am seriously hoping that this is all newspaper boll**k. Personally I couldn't give a flying f**k whether MM and MA get on and why should it matter anyway so long as MA gets the results. The only thing that matters is the results on the pitch. Good results means that MM's investment is appreciating, good for him, and that MA's stock as a manager is rising, good for him. Somebody is feeding these stories to the press (Roeder's agent??) and MM should put a stop to all the speculation asap. The key to success is stability in the club, something we have not had since MON left, and the sooner people stop letting their egos get in the way of the interests of the club, the better. I'm sure that MM has been around football long enough and is astute enough to realise this. The time will come when the club and MA need to part company but that time is not now.

I think all the press specualtion is funny, there is no chance that MA will be leaving, y'day was the best lcfc football I've seen in 4 years.

Milan wants success and based on y'day we are heading in the right direction, infact I thought it might take longer for all these new players to gel.

MA was in top form y'day and the grin on his face when the kop were singing 'martin martin give us a wave' was a picture.

I know he has been talking to the wrong people
I hope to feck that our managers are not hired or fired on the basis of talking to people, whether they be the "right" people or the "wrong" people.

I would like to think that a grown up club with a grown up owner would employ a grown up manager on the basis that he is good at getting a team out on the pitch that can, say, beat the form team in the league 4-1...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669