Post Match Manchester United 2 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed at how wank we are in the middle.

Ndidi has gone from looking amazing to being a complete shitfest in terms is passing ability

How can you say Morgan was immense

Well I wasn't there, so my opinion probably counts for **** all as I could not watch all 22 players simultaneously for 90+ minutes.

However, from what I saw on the live TV feed, he covered well, had good positioning and anticipation, got some great blocks in, used his strength well, and always as a precaution, pinned his arms behind himself whenever the ball came near him in the box, which Simpson failed to do in conceding the penalty.

Maguire was slightly better by virtue of being able to bring the ball forward and distribute it sensibly when he was forward.

Ndidi has gone from looking amazing to being a complete shitfest in terms is passing ability

I'm starting to think he looked amazing when he joined in January because of how unbelievably shit everyone else was at the time.

Didn't expect we'd get anything today.

It might get me the mongie label, but I still want to go record and say we should have tried to recruit a real football manager after Claudio left. This is Rob Kelly mark II and it will end in much the same way.

When Ndidi first came in I was really impressed by his forward passing. Nice, zippy balls out to the wings and into the forwards' feet. Now he can barely pass it 10 yards, the number of times he played it short of his target was quite incredible.

I don't particularly want to blame everything on the manager (even though I really don't like him and haven't got a ****ing scooby what he's doing in our dugout) but I hope it's not a symptom of Shakespeare's training regime.

Ndidi was playing with Drinky last season. James made a few good tackles/interceptions today but his passing was awful and he is very slow.

A step up from last time at OT as we actually tried to defend but we were getting overrun in midfield and 4411 really wasn't the right formation. We had just no attacking threat. Can't think of a chance other than Slimani at the end.

Kasper, Morgan, Maguire, Mahrez all played well.

Didn't expect we'd get anything today.

It might get me the mongie label, but I still want to go record and say we should have tried to recruit a real football manager after Claudio left. This is Rob Kelly mark II and it will end in much the same way.
Don't think it will end in disaster necessarily (if disaster = relegation). However, as I also said at the time, it will undo much of the progress that has been done and it will cost us valuable time and money that could have been much better spent by someone else. I understand the owners' reluctance to go through the whole manager selection circus again this summer preferring to leave it with Shakey, but they were always going to have to do it at some point. Should have had the balls to do it straight away. Much harder to sack him now.

It is ****ing dead easy to sack him, but he is doing a good job with what he currently has that is fit and available.

Let the window close and the new signings get fit and on the field.

He has kept Mahrez happy and playing really well. There are far better managers than Shakey who are failing to do that with their 'want away' players such as Costa etc., so I do not think you can label him as a crap manager yet.

It is ****ing dead easy to sack him, but he is doing a good job with what he currently has that is fit and available.

Let the window close and the new signings get fit and on the field.

He has kept Mahrez happy and playing really well. There are far better managers than Shakey who are failing to do that with their 'want away' players such as Costa etc., so I do not think you can label him as a crap manager yet.
I don't label him a crap manager (and I don't advocate his sacking). Just think he is a very limited one and that we missed a chance of long-term restructuring that will now be unnecessarily painful when it eventually happens

IMG_3652.JPG
I don't label him a crap manager (and I don't advocate his sacking). Just think he is a very limited one and that we missed a chance of long-term restructuring that will now be unnecessarily painful when it eventually happens

We seem to be confronting the same issues each week, The overal ability of the manager, the need for a strong back four, the inability of the midfield to maintain possesion and create chances for our striker(s).

With Huth back in contention to partner Maguire and the inclusion of as yet largely untested midfield players, Mendy, Amarty and Iborra, we should be able to adress some of the issues. We have an abundance of strikers but seemingly no game plan to utilise their different strengths. This must come down to to the training ground.

I have always been concerned by Shakespears ability to implement plans B and C, and his apparent fear to make personal changes.

I realise this must be a difficult time for him with all the transfer speculation and recent injuries, but should not impinge on the underlying need of the players to maintain possesion of a football.

Things we’ve learnt from this thread

1. Man Utd players attended football passing skills summer camp

2. Nobody from LCFC turned up

3. We should be playing with Kelly Brook (actress) up front

4. Fellini’s knee was offside

5. In a game of keep ball between N’didi, Gray and James – we’d need to employ extra ball boys to fetch the ball back

6. Two posters might actually be one person but they both deny it

7. Kasper came off his line before penalty was taken

8. Morgan was rubbish (50%) but he played well (the other 50%)

9. City haven’t won at Old Trafford for a couple of decades – so why bother?

10. Instead of looking for magic mushrooms on the pitch , players should look up occasionally and pass to a blue shirt

11. Finally, even a potentially gritty performance by Kelly Brook ( actress) would be improvement on the level of entertainment on offer from City.

12. Cheer up, most of us only had us at 6 points from the first five games

Another point - look at the impact that substitutes from Arsenal (two scored against us) and from Man Utd (two scored against us) had on both games. In contrast City's substitutions have had a negative impact on our game - and the results.

Another point - look at the impact that substitutes from Arsenal (two scored against us) and from Man Utd (two scored against us) had on both games. In contrast City's substitutions have had a negative impact on our game - and the results.

A journalist on Sky just said that Mourinho deliberately waits for an inexperienced managed to make changes first and then he isolates the holes as a result and makes his own changes to exploit them. He did it against Swansea last week too.

In both games against Arsenal and Man Utd, Shakespeare made our team weaker by changing it and he also failed miserably to ensure that the players on the pitch knew what they were doing from set pieces once the opposition changed personnel. It's rank amateurish management to be honest.

After our subs we were the better team until crap defending on the corner
Even the biased commentary said so at the time
Until Man Utd scored, then it was back to normal bias

There was a point in that game where we were rattling their cage a bit, Man U and their fans were on edge after missing the penalty and having not been able to make a breakthrough after an hour of knocking at the door. I'd go as far as to say they were shitting it. The game was crying out for us to bring on Iheanacho at that point. Shakespeare instead brings on Andy King and the rest is history...

Really poor substitutes from the assistant manager... sorry... Manager.

A hearty effort, ultimately lacking in the chances we created.

It could be worse. Paulo Sousa's Leicester v Portsmouth in 2010. That was just a horrible thing. The only silver lining was that it was clear he was out on his arse after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566