Pre Match Manchester United v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I really think we'll win it when Spurs don't beat Chelsea on Monday night.

As amazing as it will be to win the title, it would be a shame to win it when we're not on the pitch! Watching our players and fans react at the final whistle is always one of the biggest memories of our highs or lows.
I still remember sinking to the floor in front of my TV, while Richard Stearman cried on the pitch with celebrating Stoke players around him as we were relegated to League One.

Let's go smash Man Utd and win the title in style by winning it at Old Trafford! We've had such an unbelievable story, that it's a fitting way to do it. And Jamie Vardy can do his best John Terry impression because he absolutely deserves it if we win it, whether he's played in the game that clinches it or not.

I’m a Leicester City supporter. Have been for more decades than I care to work out… or can possibly remember! As a Leicester City supporter I’ve been educated to expect things to wrong. All season I’ve been fighting this feeling that goes directly against the logic of what I’ve witnessed on the field of play. And once again I expect that something will go wrong. This time though what I expect to go wrong is the expectation that something will go wrong…! It’s the logical conclusion to still having that feeling. Therefore we should win the title in style at Old Trafford.

I’m a Leicester City supporter. Have been for more decades than I care to work out… or can possibly remember! As a Leicester City supporter I’ve been educated to expect things to wrong. All season I’ve been fighting this feeling that goes directly against the logic of what I’ve witnessed on the field of play. And once again I expect that something will go wrong. This time though what I expect to go wrong is the expectation that something will go wrong…! It’s the logical conclusion to still having that feeling. Therefore we should win the title in style at Old Trafford.

I like that logic, sums up City well.

I went to my first game in April 1955. We beat Man U 1-0. We nevertheless ended the season relegated.

the next 60 years were by and large shattered dreams.

So far this season I have refused to get carried away, remembering 1963.

But there could be a rather nice symmetry here!

I went to my first game in April 1955. We beat Man U 1-0. We nevertheless ended the season relegated.

I hope it won't be your last game :icon eek:

I went to my first game in April 1955. We beat Man U 1-0. We nevertheless ended the season relegated...

Relegated that season, in part because Spurs won their last three on the bounce to move out of the relegation spots. Don't want that sort of symmetry!

The year is 3691?

I have a bottle of Champagne in a cupboard. If I put it in the fridge, I'll be making an assumption about Sunday that I dare not make. If I don't, and the unthinkable happens, I'll be drinking it warm. It's such a problem. Do I? Don't I? Any advice?

I have a bottle of Champagne in a cupboard. If I put it in the fridge, I'll be making an assumption about Sunday that I dare not make. If I don't, and the unthinkable happens, I'll be drinking it warm. It's such a problem. Do I? Don't I? Any advice?
Stick it in the freezer on 80 minutes.

My feelings exactly.
My first game Sept 1960 vs Blackpool. Then f***ing Spurs kicked their way to a cup final win & broke my heart.... I've hated them ever since.
I can't count chickens yet, I can't even book Kasabian tickets tomorrow because it's too premature.
At least the players have some measure of control over what happens, I'm just a nervous wreck.

We are in a great position and so close to something incredibly special. Lately there has been a rather worrying assumption that all is done and dusted. This is far from the truth. The strange thing is, I believe that Man Utd will have a greater desire. They will be desperate to finish in the top 4. They are also playing well with pace and attacking flare. Martial and Rashford are the saviours of their season and like him or not, Rooney is still a very good player. 3-0 the the Red Devils.

Bunch of old gits here.

My first game was only in 1986 - my dad worked at EME, who got free tickets in exchange for parking at the Raw Dykes Road offices. We lost 2-1 and ended up getting relegated, so not that different from everyone else here.

Still love Citeh, still fnaar at that street name.

I've just looked up the results, and I lied/don't remember. We draw that first match 1-1. To Luton.

I saw them four more times before seeing them win though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669