Pre Match Manchester United v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bottle of Champagne in a cupboard. If I put it in the fridge, I'll be making an assumption about Sunday that I dare not make. If I don't, and the unthinkable happens, I'll be drinking it warm. It's such a problem. Do I? Don't I? Any advice?
I have exactly the same quandary, however, I will put the bottle in because - we might win it, if we don't win it, we've nearly won it so celebrate and I can put another bottle in next week.

Was in the exacte same situation with my Norwegian team Brann in 2007. Put the champagne in the fridge before a game that would have given us the title if won. We didn't. However, the following Monday, our title rivals Stabæk lost to Viking meaning we won it anyway. Champagne tasted lovely straight from the fridge where it had stayed all weekend.

Stick it in the freezer on 80 minutes.

That's a good idea, but what if we're 2-1 up on 80 mins and I put it in the freezer and we concede? Then it'll be my fault and I couldn't live with that. This may be a better mind set:

I have exactly the same quandary, however, I will put the bottle in because - we might win it, if we don't win it, we've nearly won it so celebrate and I can put another bottle in next week.

All in all, it's just too much. I find myself counting the seconds to Sunday and behaving like an excited school boy on Xmas Eve (according to my missus).

Sunday the 1st of May 2016 @ 14:05, this is a date that will hopefully live in the folklore of LCFC forever.

Never have I (of course we) experienced anything remotely close to this season and our remarkable climb from the depths of being bottom to being top just over a year later.

We MUST enjoy every moment of this as it may never come round again, personally I have been following Citeh for 40 years and I don't quite know what to do with myself when we cross this line.

We MUST create a thread at the end of the season and pen our achievements and records broken - there are so many.

This season feels Churchillian in its enormity, so I give you:

View attachment 12777

To those who still rubbishy our achievements and roll out everyone else's failures as an excuse for our success I give you:

View attachment 12778

A win to nail it please although I still believe Chelsea will now bury Spurs in the Monday game.

Let's really enjoy this.
More like Stalinesque! The whole club fought the whole season without much support from others. Maybe without the sacrifice!

I've got 5 bottles of champers still sitting there since I got married. If we get the points on Sunday I'll be enjoying them warm or cold, tastes like arse anyway so temperature is irrelevant. I'll have deserved it though.

Free T shirt for those in attendance on Sunday

My first game was a 2-1 boxing day defeat at home to Liverpool in our very first prem season. Also ending in relegation. 21 years ago!!! Shit when did i grow up!

I've never been wishing away a weekend so much... Just want 2.05 tomorrow to be here now.

Every time I read something new, that excitement all bubbles up again and the goosebumps spread.

It's so close... And yet I'm still not sure we'll beat Utd this weekend!

Real football fans only drink scalding hot Bovril. Kettle take 2 mins to boil. Switch it on when the board goes up. Simples.
Don't forget the meat pie - parts still frozen on the outside, the inside hotter than a nuclear reactor. Then visit the St Johns ambulance room for treatment for the resultant scalding.

Don't forget the meat pie - parts still frozen on the outside, the inside hotter than a nuclear reactor. Then visit the St Johns ambulance room for treatment for the resultant scalding.

Meat...none of the modern chicken, beef or anything that can be defined as anything other than just meat.

Meat...none of the modern chicken, beef or anything that can be defined as anything other than just meat.

I think football grounds are where Terry Pratchet's idea from the pie man on Discworld came from;
Meat Pie: 6d, named meat pie: 9d

Referee Michael Oliver has only refereed two of our games this season; Southampton at home and Swansea away. He looks to enjoy a yellow or red card.

The only ticket I could get got for this one is in the home end. I have never sat with opposition fans before at a City game and am worried I won't be able to keep quiet throughout. Has anyone here got experience of sitting with the enemy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only ticket I could get got for this one is in the home end. I have never sat with opposition fans before at a City game and am worried I won't be able to keep quiet throughout. Has anyone here got experience of sitting with the enemy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you jump up when we score, and those siting near you start to hurl abuse, tell them your colour blind

Perhaps unsurprisingly, we have a poor record at Old Trafford.

We've lost our last six games there. Our last result was a 2-2 in 1998. a game I remember for the added time and free kicks given to United until they (Beckham) equalised. Such was the way of things back then.

Earlier in 1998, we did win there with a Cottee goal. That's our only win there since 1973.

Their recent home form is also good. Unbeaten in nine at home since January. It's more than two months since they conceded a home league goal.

They also have a lot resting on the game. Failure to win will severely impede their chances of a top four finish.

The absence of Vardy will be telling. The wide open spaces need runners creating space and he's our best at this.

I just can't see anything other than a home win.

If we did it there though. Wow. What a performance that would be.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, we have a poor record at Old Trafford.

We've lost our last six games there. Our last result was a 2-2 in 1998. a game I remember for the added time and free kicks given to United until they (Beckham) equalised. Such was the way of things back then.

Earlier in 1998, we did win there with a Cottee goal. That's our only win there since 1973.

Their recent home form is also good. Unbeaten in nine at home since January. It's more than two months since they conceded a home league goal.

They also have a lot resting on the game. Failure to win will severely impede their chances of a top four finish.

The absence of Vardy will be telling. The wide open spaces need runners creating space and he's our best at this.

I just can't see anything other than a home win.

If we did it there though. Wow. What a performance that would be.
I'd take a 0-0. No convinced Spurs will beat Chelsea.

Starting to think we'll draw tomorrow and all feel like shit. We'll all go back to supporting Man City or Chelsea or whoever we supported last year. Then Spurs will lose at The Bridge and we'll fish our shirts etc back out of the bin. I assume that's what being one of the big boys is all about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566