Mandaric bid to be rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
RL reporting Mandaric wants an answer by early next week.

He can get an answer off the board, but not the shareholders in that timeframe. They have to have 21 days notice of an EGM. I hope Mandy isn't trying to give a spurious reason for pulling out, as he should be fully aware of what the rules are.

Calm down, calm down!

We've already reache dsome sort of concensus that people are playing games in the media.

All together now: OOOmmmmmmmmmm

Calm down, calm down!

We've already reache dsome sort of concensus that people are playing games in the media.

All together now: OOOmmmmmmmmmm

You are quite right - big breaths, big breaths. Still that's enough about my secretary.;)

He can get an answer off the board, but not the shareholders in that timeframe. They have to have 21 days notice of an EGM. I hope Mandy isn't trying to give a spurious reason for pulling out, as he should be fully aware of what the rules are.

I assume he means as to whether the board are recommending it or not

Don't Believe the Hype, as Public Enemy once said

It's the top news story on RL news, he says that he 'expects' to get an answer by early next week, the way the journalist put it made it sound like a deadline before he looks elsewhere, but they're going to play the full interview later which should give a better idea..

BTW, read my thought's in tomorow's Mercury - just been " doorstepped " by them on the 'phone due to my connections with the London Branch ( and for Boc, that is neither a building society, nor a bank ";)

its not actually a fact that they have rejected his bid has it?

Even if they do reject it, it is good news to hear they have other interested parties wheter its MM or not we should get new owners, who i expect will give us more cash then our current owners.

BTW, read my thought's in tomorow's Mercury - just been " doorstepped " by them on the 'phone due to my connections with the London Branch ( and for Boc, that is neither a building society, nor a bank ";)

:038: :038:

its not actually a fact that they have rejected his bid has it?
Even if they do reject it, it is good news to hear they have other interested parties wheter its MM or not we should get new owners, who i expect will give us more cash then our current owners.

No, it hasn't. What The Guardian reported was based on the opinion of one shareholder who is claimed to be influential.

What we do know is that the Board met to consider the offer on Tuesday, we don;t even know whether they thought that the offer was good enough to be put to shareholders, as far as I am aware.

It just seems to me that this one shareholder, presumably somebody with an axe to grind, has decided to do exactly what MM is accused of doing by some - that is, he is trying to have the negotations carried out in the full glare of the media. I am sure that everybody would be better served by just getting on with the task-in-hand rather than in courting all this publicity.

There are great risks to the present board in getting these negotiations wrong - and I sure that the fans will be ever ready to remind them if things do go wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00
8Leeds Utd00