Marcus Bent Available

Log in to stop seeing adverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

Well-Known Member
lcfc lad said:
i'd love to see him at the walkers bowl next season

The stadium is called 'The Walkers Stadium' :lol: :wink:
 

Steven

Active Member
City Fan said:
lcfc lad said:
i'd love to see him at the walkers bowl next season

The stadium is called 'The Walkers Stadium' :lol: :wink:

Still call it Filbert Street. :wink:
 

Micky

Well-Known Member
think bent would take defences in division 1 apart. providing his attitude was right of course. If we could manage to afford bent aswell as dublin and ferdinand i think we would stroll the first division. Obviously we need a couple of midfielders but i have a feeling that bryan hughes will be on his way and i think he would also be very good in the first divsion (i refuse to call it the championship, what a load of bollox that is!).
 

Scowcroft

New Member
I can't believe anyone thinks we have a chnace of getting Bent - It's not going to happen.

The massive wages he's on makes this impossible.....
 

Lboro fox

New Member
Scowcroft said:
I can't believe anyone thinks we have a chnace of getting Bent - It's not going to happen.

The massive wages he's on makes this impossible.....

Unless we do a deal whereby ipswich still pay some of his wages, like we do with akinbiyi, and leeds do with fowler
 

gagandeep

New Member
Lboro fox said:
Scowcroft said:
I can't believe anyone thinks we have a chnace of getting Bent - It's not going to happen.

The massive wages he's on makes this impossible.....

Unless we do a deal whereby ipswich still pay some of his wages, like we do with akinbiyi, and leeds do with fowler

do we really still pay akinbiyis wages where did you hear that???

and i do think we can get bent a offer of 250 k with an extra 500 k when we get promoted will do the trick and we can get him on wages of around 10 k a week, but with a wage rise when we get promoted what do you reckon will this work.
 

TomH8sforest

New Member
could do, although he may want more than £10,000 p/w

I also heard that pablo/paulo counago is available 'for the right price', maybe worth a look??
 

Lboro fox

New Member
gagandeep said:
Lboro fox said:
Scowcroft said:
I can't believe anyone thinks we have a chnace of getting Bent - It's not going to happen.

The massive wages he's on makes this impossible.....

Unless we do a deal whereby ipswich still pay some of his wages, like we do with akinbiyi, and leeds do with fowler

do we really still pay akinbiyis wages where did you hear that???

and i do think we can get bent a offer of 250 k with an extra 500 k when we get promoted will do the trick and we can get him on wages of around 10 k a week, but with a wage rise when we get promoted what do you reckon will this work.

Why else do you think he would play for stoke, palace etc? They pay him thier top whack we make up the rest until the end of his contract. Taylor didnt believe in contracts lasting less than 5 years. Hence why Elliott is still here on 30k. What kind of muppet gives a 32yr old a 5 year deal!! What were the chances of him being worth that much at 37? Tw@t!
 

Scowcroft

New Member
Lboro fox said:
gagandeep said:
Lboro fox said:
Scowcroft said:
I can't believe anyone thinks we have a chnace of getting Bent - It's not going to happen.

The massive wages he's on makes this impossible.....

Unless we do a deal whereby ipswich still pay some of his wages, like we do with akinbiyi, and leeds do with fowler

do we really still pay akinbiyis wages where did you hear that???

and i do think we can get bent a offer of 250 k with an extra 500 k when we get promoted will do the trick and we can get him on wages of around 10 k a week, but with a wage rise when we get promoted what do you reckon will this work.

Why else do you think he would play for stoke, palace etc? They pay him thier top whack we make up the rest until the end of his contract. Taylor didnt believe in contracts lasting less than 5 years. Hence why Elliott is still here on 30k. What kind of muppet gives a 32yr old a 5 year deal!! What were the chances of him being worth that much at 37? Tw@t!

It wouldn't surprise me if we were still paying Akinbiyi's wages - No way he would have moved to Palace on a substantially reduced wage.
 
Scowcroft said:
Lboro fox said:
gagandeep said:
Lboro fox said:
Scowcroft said:
I can't believe anyone thinks we have a chnace of getting Bent - It's not going to happen.

The massive wages he's on makes this impossible.....

Unless we do a deal whereby ipswich still pay some of his wages, like we do with akinbiyi, and leeds do with fowler

do we really still pay akinbiyis wages where did you hear that???

and i do think we can get bent a offer of 250 k with an extra 500 k when we get promoted will do the trick and we can get him on wages of around 10 k a week, but with a wage rise when we get promoted what do you reckon will this work.


Why else do you think he would play for stoke, palace etc? They pay him thier top whack we make up the rest until the end of his contract. Taylor didnt believe in contracts lasting less than 5 years. Hence why Elliott is still here on 30k. What kind of muppet gives a 32yr old a 5 year deal!! What were the chances of him being worth that much at 37? Tw@t!

It wouldn't surprise me if we were still paying Akinbiyi's wages - No way he would have moved to Palace on a substantially reduced wage.

I would think we were paying a fair bit to Palace but when they sold him on I would not think they had the legal right to pass on our payments to Stoke. Having said that I would think these things are subject to negotiation and it would not surprise me if we make some contribution but hopefully much less than if we were still paying Palace.
 

Joe_Fox

Well-Known Member
We aren't paying Akinbiyi's wages! :shock:
 

Malf

New Member
Scowcroft said:
Lboro fox said:
gagandeep said:
Lboro fox said:
Scowcroft said:
I can't believe anyone thinks we have a chnace of getting Bent - It's not going to happen.

The massive wages he's on makes this impossible.....

Unless we do a deal whereby ipswich still pay some of his wages, like we do with akinbiyi, and leeds do with fowler

do we really still pay akinbiyis wages where did you hear that???

and i do think we can get bent a offer of 250 k with an extra 500 k when we get promoted will do the trick and we can get him on wages of around 10 k a week, but with a wage rise when we get promoted what do you reckon will this work.

Why else do you think he would play for stoke, palace etc? They pay him thier top whack we make up the rest until the end of his contract. Taylor didnt believe in contracts lasting less than 5 years. Hence why Elliott is still here on 30k. What kind of muppet gives a 32yr old a 5 year deal!! What were the chances of him being worth that much at 37? Tw@t!

It wouldn't surprise me if we were still paying Akinbiyi's wages - No way he would have moved to Palace on a substantially reduced wage.

Akinbiyi wanted out, he couldn't hack it with us anymore. He would have left Palace for a reduced wage IMO, I bet they still paid him £10,000 a week.
 

Joe_Fox

Well-Known Member
Has anyone else heard about the unknown Finnish player we are after. He currently plays in Sweden for a lower league team. He is only 17 but is "a mature player", goes by the name of Torbaurn Arnar. You heard it first here.
 

Malf

New Member
Joe_Fox said:
Has anyone else heard about the unknown Finnish player we are after. He currently plays in Sweden for a lower league team. He is only 17 but is "a mature player", goes by the name of Torbaurn Arnar. You heard it first here.

What an odd name, I wonder if his nickname is TOP BANANA
 

Joe_Fox

Well-Known Member
Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:
Has anyone else heard about the unknown Finnish player we are after. He currently plays in Sweden for a lower league team. He is only 17 but is "a mature player", goes by the name of Torbaurn Arnar. You heard it first here.

What an odd name, I wonder if his nickname is TOP BANANA

Probably. He's a slippery customer apparantly, the translation is a bit fragmented but it says he is "eel like" or something.
 

TomH8sforest

New Member
We're linked to a lot of unkown foreign players!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Log in to stop seeing adverts

Premier League

P Pld Pts
1Manchester Utd1837
2Manchester City1735
3Leicester1835
4Liverpool1834
5Tottenham 1833
6Everton1732
7Chelsea1829
8Southampton1829
9West Ham Utd1829
10Arsenal1927
11Aston Villa1526
12Leeds Utd1823
13Palace1923
14Wolves1922
15Newcastle Utd1819
16Brighton1917
17Burnley1716
18Fulham1712
19West Brom1811
20Sheffield Utd195

Advertisements

Top