Martin Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: what a load of bollocks - we've had two managers in a row now that have always said things along the line of 'they are an honest smashing bunch of lads' and it's got us ****ing nowhere.... two mr nice guys that were both pissing useless. I say bring Martin Allen onboard - it can't hurt to give it ago..

hearin g someone tell it how it is will be like music to my ears, as long as it isnt that wanker warcock doing the speaking.

Some comments from various fans on TFF:

He's a tosser and a bottler. You're best steering well clear.

Don't expect an 'honest' team, that's for sure. Just ask Quakerz, who lurks in with the rest of us in the depths of the League Two forum. He's the resident Martin Allen/dirty tactics ranter.
-Stockport fan

Depends what Leicester are looking for next season.

If you want to make sure you're still in the championship then he's the man for you as he'll keep you up in a relegation battle or alternatively fail miserably again in a promotion charge.

Then about this time next year you can look for a new manager.
-Barnet fan

Though I doubt after Leicester (that's if he goes to Leicester) anyone will touch the bloke with a barge poll. You can't keep jumping from club to club every time you miss out in the play-offs.

He has a huge ego and is very wasteful when it comes to players, every player he has fallen out with here just gets his contract terminated and his ego is nothing short of huge, though give it time and it will collide with Mandaric's and sooner or later he will get the sack. (Hes never been sacked because he always walks, would be a wake up call?)
-MKDons fan

He's a character, but an idiot. He'll probably take you to the play-offs where you'll bottle it horribly and have to completely rebuild.

Those slumming it in League Two seem to think he's a dirty b*stard who'll kick lumps out of the oppostion.
-Bristol City fan

Sums up the Brentford sides i've seen managed by Allen. I can't help but think that those tactics will get exposed at this level.

I'll also add that all Leicester City fans should invest in a neck brace for next year, you'll need it should you get Allen.
-another Bristol City fan

as well as pisstaking from Cov and Tree fans.Not one positive comment about him from anyone other than a couple of Leicester fans...

Last edited:
I wasn't convinced when I was texted the news this morning.
After reading several forums where the majority of Leicester fans seem pleased with the possiblility, and then reading other fans thoughts I'm trying to see to weigh up their opinions against what the Leicester fans are saying.

I've always liked listening to the opinions of other fans,especially when it's not something directly affecting their team, so they can be normally unbiased in what they say!
More quotes:

Don't call him Mad Dog, he gets angry.

He's a great manager, be it an arrogant tosser. I honestly expected him to last longer at MK simply because I didn't think he could keep being so unloyal.

If he buys Simon King who had to be transfer listed today but who Allen originally brought to Barnet it'll be a good appointment for Leicester anyway!
-another Barnet fan.

The bloke is like a firework, very passionate.

The mentality he installs is very, very good and he really does give the players a kick up the arse, he gets on great with the supporters and makes everyone feel part of the club and likes to be involved in every little detail of the club, he really likes having his personal touch and has had a few says on our new stadium and academy.

The football isn't pretty but it's effective but to be fair overall he's pretty one dimensional and tactically isn't the best. But what he does have are fantastic motivational skills and he installs passion and knows how to get a team winning mentality.
-another MK Dons fan

Last edited:
Some comments from various fans on TFF:

He's a tosser and a bottler. You're best steering well clear.

Don't expect an 'honest' team, that's for sure. Just ask Quakerz, who lurks in with the rest of us in the depths of the League Two forum. He's the resident Martin Allen/dirty tactics ranter.
-Stockport fan

Depends what Leicester are looking for next season.

If you want to make sure you're still in the championship then he's the man for you as he'll keep you up in a relegation battle or alternatively fail miserably again in a promotion charge.

Then about this time next year you can look for a new manager.
-Barnet fan

Though I doubt after Leicester (that's if he goes to Leicester) anyone will touch the bloke with a barge poll. You can't keep jumping from club to club every time you miss out in the play-offs.

He has a huge ego and is very wasteful when it comes to players, every player he has fallen out with here just gets his contract terminated and his ego is nothing short of huge, though give it time and it will collide with Mandaric's and sooner or later he will get the sack. (Hes never been sacked because he always walks, would be a wake up call?)
-MKDons fan

He's a character, but an idiot. He'll probably take you to the play-offs where you'll bottle it horribly and have to completely rebuild.

Those slumming it in League Two seem to think he's a dirty b*stard who'll kick lumps out of the oppostion.
-Bristol City fan

Sums up the Brentford sides i've seen managed by Allen. I can't help but think that those tactics will get exposed at this level.

I'll also add that all Leicester City fans should invest in a neck brace for next year, you'll need it should you get Allen.
-another Bristol City fan

as well as pisstaking from Cov and Tree fans.Not one positive comment about him from anyone other than a couple of Leicester fans...

League One, youre only in League One, youre only in League One, youre only in League One.

I wasn't convinced when I was texted the news this morning.
After reading several forums where the majority of Leicester fans seem pleased with the possiblility, and then reading other fans thoughts I'm trying to see to weigh up their opinions against what the Leicester fans are saying.

I've always liked listening to the opinions of other fans,especially when it's not something directly affecting their team, so they can be normally unbiased in what they say!

Think about the big, big, positive here. If he joins quickly no more feckin threads about who the manager will be :038:

Think about the big, big, positive here. If he joins quickly no more feckin threads about who the manager will be :038:

thank heavens for small mercies:icon_lol:

Im glad martins lookin fav for job, its even made me put my city top back on today even tho seasons ova lol, very very very happy if we get him ova warnock! I wanted him last yr, but on experince how can u turn coleman away and keep allen? But experience out of window get allen in now colemans out of it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Im glad martins lookin fav for job, its even made me put my city top back on today even tho seasons ova lol, very very very happy if we get him ova warnock! I wanted him last yr, but on experince how can u turn coleman away and keep allen? But experience out of window get allen in now colemans out of it!

I feel an infraction, or at least some abuse coming along

Looking at the comments posted by other fans and obviously allowing for the bitterness and spite that is associated with a manager walking away from a football club, I do get the impression that if we were to appoint Allen then we would be following the same path of recently failed managers Adams, Levein and Kelly.

If we are intent on appointing a younger, upcoming manager from the lower divisions then surely somebody who has achieved success through playing good attacking football should be a consideration, Grayson, Johnson and Tilson would all be better alternatives than Allen IMO.

Last edited:

WTF is that about???????

I'm just wondering - has Steven turned into some sort of txting pikey since he edited it to read like that?

:icon_lol:

I'm shocked, he's normally a model of erudition and clarity.

mad bloke. The schools here won't have him in to talk to the kids since he did a Q & A for 11 year olds and pointing at the next question supplier said "you, specky, next to the black boy"

bit hoofy but i hope he brings lewington. ginga but a tough defender.

Anyone know what formation his teams play?, its been said he prefers the "long ball", but the amount of centre backs weve been linked with suggests he may like to play 3 at the back!

Allen said: "We've got the momentum. Shrewsbury beat us a few weeks ago at their place so we go there next and that will be a fantastic occasion to go and play.

"They're a very direct route-one team who kick it as high, far and long as possible at every opportunity.

He was calling Shrewsbury for the long ball,surely this is not his style of play.

has he signed for us yet??? when is the press conference any news??

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58