Martin Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than Allen has achieved!

At Wycombe he won the FA Trophy twice, got them promoted to the league, and won the play-offs the following season.

thank you jeff just wanted to know what kind of background he brought with him to the foxes

Anyone know what formation his teams play?, its been said he prefers the "long ball", but the amount of centre backs weve been linked with suggests he may like to play 3 at the back!

Looks like that's just a formation he sometimes used away from home to stop teams playing.

a sensible tactic then, maybe picking vital points up away from home is one of the reasons his teams make the play-offs

Does it really matter what formation we play?

As long as we dont lose, and win more than we draw and the fans will be happy.

Some comments from Reading fans when he was there:

I say get rid of the laughing stock that is Martin Allen as his motivational techniques no longer work.

... Add to this the bullying and ranting of Martin Allen, and you have the perfect recipe for disaster

Martin Allen maybe effective in small doses, but who can really say they are motivated by shouting and humiliation? That sort of thing wears thin on you after a while and I recon thats why Casky went from player of the season to getting rediculed for being over weight. Good players respond to praise and encouragement, it never hurts their belief if they are rewarded. In my view we would have been promoted last season if the coach was more cultured and tactically aware and that belief and assuredness would have been there.

I say get rid of the laughing stock that is Martin Allen as his motivational techniques no longer work.

... Add to this the bullying and ranting of Martin Allen, and you have the perfect recipe for disaster

Martin Allen maybe effective in small doses, but who can really say they are motivated by shouting and humiliation? That sort of thing wears thin on you after a while and I recon thats why Casky went from player of the season to getting rediculed for being over weight. Good players respond to praise and encouragement, it never hurts their belief if they are rewarded. In my view we would have been promoted last season if the coach was more cultured and tactically aware and that belief and assuredness would have been there.

sounds like some of the guys on here ;)

Last edited:
from the MK dons os...
Milton Keynes Dons can today confirm that the club has reluctantly given permission for Martin Allen to be approached by Leicester City with regard to the vacant managerial position at the Walkers Stadium.

It is not this club's policy to prevent any of its players or staff discussing the opportunity to progress in their careers.

Martin has enjoyed a successful first year with us and it comes as no surprise that clubs at a higher level are interested.

We have no further comment to make at this time.

Last edited:

right now go and get some possitive comments, choose what you want to read it always works.

:lol: what a load of bollocks - we've had two managers in a row now that have always said things along the line of 'they are an honest smashing bunch of lads' and it's got us ****ing nowhere.... two mr nice guys that were both pissing useless. I say bring Martin Allen onboard - it can't hurt to give it ago..

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58