Martin Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't panic, just wait and see after he's had chance to clear some deadwood and bring in his own players and training regimes

Maybe Allen is the cheap version of Warnock, and unlike Warnock may be prepared to have MM in the 'kitchen' supplying him with the 'ingredients' to work his brand of motivational magic on. I am quite certain that if we, City, and MM get to the point of promotion, MM will have no qualms about tossing Allen out for a more attractive/expensive Premiership manager, if he does not think Allen can hack it at that level.

here's what my Brentford mate says:-

AWESOME.

With the same squad that disgraced the brentford name he got us to the playoffs last year and we should have been promoted. AND we got to the FA cup quarter finals.

He's also a legend with the fans:

First thing he did when he took over was get the team training in the local park so if they played bad the fans could tell them.

When the fans were fundraising to buy the club he joined a group of them to cycle from Reading to Brentford.

When we played Southampton in at St Mary's he went swimming in the solent (can't remember the reason... because he fancied it?)

Plus a million other reasons. The only reason we lost him was because he was ambitious and we have negative money to spend :(

here's what my Brentford mate says:-

AWESOME.

With the same squad that disgraced the brentford name he got us to the playoffs last year and we should have been promoted. AND we got to the FA cup quarter finals.

He's also a legend with the fans:

First thing he did when he took over was get the team training in the local park so if they played bad the fans could tell them.

When the fans were fundraising to buy the club he joined a group of them to cycle from Reading to Brentford.

When we played Southampton in at St Mary's he went swimming in the solent (can't remember the reason... because he fancied it?)

Plus a million other reasons. The only reason we lost him was because he was ambitious and we have negative money to spend :(

Has he done anything meaningful? or just the publicity seeking stunts?

Welcome Martin .. you will get my support as would any manager who came in.

OFFICAL STATEMENT - OS

leicester have been given permission to speak to Martin Allen,

OFFICAL STATEMENT - OS

leicester have been given permission to speak to Martin Allen,

"Leicester City have today confirmed that they have been given permission by MK Dons to speak to Martin Allen with regards to the vacant managerial position at the Walkers Stadium"

Leicester City have today confirmed that they have been given permission by MK Dons to speak to Martin Allen with regards to the vacant managerial position at the Walkers Stadium.

Chairman Milan Mandaric has drawn up a short-list of managers as he continues in his search for a new boss.

And Mandaric will now hold formal talks with Allen later this week as part of the ongoing recruitment process.

Going down further in my estimations....

images

I'm sure things will move fairly quickly from here, expect an announcement within 48 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58