Martin Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
so was trevor benjamin till we signed him!:icon_bigg

so was hume fryatt and many others

least its still good to see heskey in the permiership thinking he was a leicester boy and a leicester player and he has done so well to still be in that league unlike many others that come here turn shit or leave here and turn shit, i just wanted to add that so my post looks a bit better ;) :icon_lol:

They also have a big striker, Clive Platt who just got player of the season.. could do a job here..

If we get him, and it doesn't work out, he will be gone before October anyway with MM's record so nothing too much to worry about :)

I think this could be quite a shrewd move by MM. He's identified the single biggest problem at the club - our overall near death apathy - and he's going for a man with passion who has proven he can motivate.

We can't expect to get the perfect manager in our position. Appointing someone who should get the players up for games, which in turn will get the fans up for games, is going to be vital this season or the fans really will turn their backs this time.

So if we take it that Allen will get the team motivated, we will be improved on our last couple of years right away. He's never had to manage big(ish) names or buy big(ish) players so that side of things remains to be seen, but with the few good players we currently have, our excellent crop of youngsters, a few decent signings and some passion and fight, well, who knows...

I also think that if Allen is appointed we'll see MM continue to have a considerable say in footballing matters, especially signings. I don't mind that really - I'm coming round to the opinion that the guy's footballing knowledge is actually pretty good, and he seems to have loads of interesting contacts.

All in all, I'm optimistic about next season. :023: COME ON!!! :038:

I think this could be quite a shrewd move by MM. He's identified the single biggest problem at the club - our overall near death apathy - and he's going for a man with passion who has proven he can motivate.

We can't expect to get the perfect manager in our position. Appointing someone who should get the players up for games, which in turn will get the fans up for games, is going to be vital this season or the fans really will turn their backs this time.

So if we take it that Allen will get the team motivated, we will be improved on our last couple of years right away. He's never had to manage big(ish) names or buy big(ish) players so that side of things remains to be seen, but with the few good players we currently have, our excellent crop of youngsters, a few decent signings and some passion and fight, well, who knows...

I also think that if Allen is appointed we'll see MM continue to have a considerable say in footballing matters, especially signings. I don't mind that really - I'm coming round to the opinion that the guy's footballing knowledge is actually pretty good, and he seems to have loads of interesting contacts.

Martin Allen's Blue Army :038: :038: :038:

Martin Allen's appointment in not good new for this forum though - it's going to be a pain in the arse having to type Micky Adams in full again.

I need to be convinved this isn't a disasterous appointment. Quickly.

Ok Durham...just for you.....

Milan likes an element of control around player recruitment, we know that. To be fair to him, he has enough contacts, experience and negotiation skills to be able to attract top quality players to this football club.

Now, I would imagine Milans 'DoF' model would not fit too well with the egos of some managers e.g. Warnock, Davies et al. They'll want to do this themselves, they have this experience and have proven themselves in this area to some extent. It would be an accident waiting to happen and ineveitablt it would all end in tears amidst claims of Milan meddling where he shouldnt be meddling. Warnock would resign by christmas time.

I am quite happy for Milan to go out and attract the likes of Todorov, N'Gotty, Hendrie etc. what I'm worried about, and a skill I am looking for in our next manager was the biggest thing that was missing in the last regime. Somebody who can motivate the players when once there here.

Step forward 'Mad Dog'....your time has come to lead us into a new era....

I need to be convinved this isn't a disasterous appointment. Quickly.

The fact he worked miracles at Brentford to keep them in the play-off hunt, brought in money because of a cup run with a personality which makes him a TV darling. He was literally cash-strapped at that club, look where they finished the season after he left - 24th in League One.......

His win record nearly doubles his losses record.

Ok Durham...just for you.....

Milan likes an element of control around player recruitment, we know that. To be fair to him, he has enough contacts, experience and negotiation skills to be able to attract top quality players to this football club.

Now, I would imagine Milans 'DoF' model would not fit too well with the egos of some managers e.g. Warnock, Davies et al. They'll want to do this themselves, they have this experience and have proven themselves in this area to some extent. It would be an accident waiting to happen and ineveitablt it would all end in tears amidst claims of Milan meddling where he shouldnt be meddling. Warnock would resign by christmas time.

I am quite happy for Milan to go out and attract the likes of Todorov, N'Gotty, Hendrie etc. what I'm worried about, and a skill I am looking for in our next manager was the biggest thing that was missing in the last regime. Somebody who can motivate the players when once there here.

Step forward 'Mad Dog'....your time has come to lead us into a new era....

Sounds like Leeds United 2006/2007 to me. Still scared.

its on BBC sport

Allen tipped to net Leicester job

Martin Allen guided MK Dons to the League Two play-offs
MK Dons boss Martin Allen is set to get the nod ahead of Neil Warnock to take over as Leicester City's new manager.
Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric revealed Warnock, who left Sheffield United after they were relegated, was on a four-man shortlist.

But BBC Radio Five Live reports that Allen has now been approached to take over at the Walkers Stadium.

Allen, 41, guided MK Dons to the League Two play-offs, where they lost in the semi-final to Shrewsbury.

He is set to agree a three-year deal with Mandaric and may take coaches Dave Hockaday and Adrian Whitbread with him from MK Dons to Leicester.

Allen has only spent one season at MK Dons but had already built a reputation as one of the game's brightest young managers when he was at Brentford.

606: DEBATE
Who should Mandaric go for?

The news will come as a disappointment to Warnock, who would have been hoping to make a swift return after his departure from Bramall Lane.

Mandaric recently told the Leicester Mercury: "Neil Warnock is a good and experienced manager and may be under consideration.

"But he is only one of several on the list I will be considering. As it is such an important decision, I will not be rushed.

"I have had no dialogue with him or anyone else."

Nigel Worthington took over as caretaker manager of the Foxes in April after the departure of Rob Kelly.

He helped steer the club away from relegation and was also on the shortlist - but also looks to have lost out to Allen

Hadnt read this before my post but I think you are in the same space as me DF....:038:

i believe blackpool are owned by a multi lillionaire, and have spent a little bit, yeovil have got a squad that have been together for a long time and have added to it with players such as lee morris, who is a good capture for a team in that league, they also signed marcus stewart who i would imagine is on good wages. so yea i would say they have spent more.

You'll find Blackpool are owned by the Oystons, yes they are very rich but never put their hand in the pocket on the playing field. The latvian owes a 20% share and has put it little in, but it still does'nt detract from most of Grayson's signing coming by the way of free transfers and loanee's. He's made them gel and play the style of football they are playing.

Grayson over Allen all day long.

inexperienced....over rated manager. we needed a sure thing....someone who has spent time in this division and knows what is needed to get out of it. I detest Warnock but in hindsight he would have been a better appointment. I cannot see Allen attracting the type of players that we need to get out of this division, but as has already been said.....if it doesn't work out immediately MM will have shown him the door before Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669