Milan offered ?3 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Milan is offering for the shares has got sweet FA to do with the football club. This is simply how much of their cash the shareholders get back. (Gary in his article said he never expected to see his again and I guess there would be others that feel the same). Many of the the bigger investors will of course want most of theirs back plus there are those shareholders who being board members would also be giving up the privileges that go with being directors. Free seats home and away including any functions held at the Walkers. That might take a bit of doing..........

What I am more interested in as a fan is how much and what guarantees are there regarding the addition funds to acquire the stadium, buy players etc. None of this has so far been mentioned by the FT or anyone.

If all these details were agreeable to the shareholders that consider themselves fans and it meant only 80p in the £ for their shares, would they accept it for the sake of the club? If not then they are not true fans.

I gave up my cash as did a lot of others when we went bust.....................

Thats bang on for me

The point I'm trying to make, which I'm sure you understand, is that if someone like MM comes in and expects to pay less than the value of the club, there have to be guarantees in place to make sure he's just not doing it to make a quick profit, but he's going to look after the long term interests of the club.

...and that is why they are meeting with Milan today...they are going to all sit down and talk about the proposal and more than likely over the course of time assurances will or won't be made...

If they aren't then he won't acquire a football club.

No one is suggesting that we should just blindly accept anything. (I hope)

Last edited:
Why do you think the club is worth less now than it was four years ago?

The club has significantly lower debt now, and has some saleable assets in the playing squad, which it didn't have then.

If I could buy the club for £3 million I'd borrow the money to do it, then I'd sell Kisnorbo, McCarthy, Stearman, Wesolowski, Hume and Fryatt for a combined total of £6 million, then I'd pay myself a huge bonus and leave someone else to sort out the mess I'd left behind.

and then you'd errrr... have to pay Teachers £15million.... doesn't quite work does it.

He may already have one for all we know....

Behave, if there was another buyer already lined up then surely rather than buy the club from Mandaric and pay a premium, surely they would approach the current board and pay a similar price to Mandaric. FFS some of the anti Mandaric posting is beyond belief and with little justification nor evidence.

and then you'd errrr... have to pay Teachers £15million.... doesn't quite work does it.

Nope - whoever was left with the residue would also have the debt

Behave, if there was another buyer already lined up then surely rather than buy the club from Mandaric and pay a premium, surely they would approach the current board and pay a similar price to Mandaric. FFS some of the anti Mandaric posting is beyond belief and with little justification nor evidence.

But he is evil, apparently, and I heard that he smells of wee

Most of the postings are anti something or someone with no justification or evidence. Wouldn't want him to feel left out would you;)

So Radio Leicester say the bid is 3m with no plans for the stadium debt or playing budget.

The Merc say that the bid is around 25m with plans to buy the stadium and discussion to take place over additional playing funds.

I'm confused...

Last edited:
What Milan is offering for the shares has got sweet FA to do with the football club. This is simply how much of their cash the shareholders get back. (Gary in his article said he never expected to see his again and I guess there would be others that feel the same). Many of the the bigger investors will of course want most of theirs back plus there are those shareholders who being board members would also be giving up the privileges that go with being directors. Free seats home and away including any functions held at the Walkers. That might take a bit of doing..........

What I am more interested in as a fan is how much and what guarantees are there regarding the addition funds to acquire the stadium, buy players etc. None of this has so far been mentioned by the FT or anyone.

If all these details were agreeable to the shareholders that consider themselves fans and it meant only 80p in the £ for their shares, would they accept it for the sake of the club? If not then they are not true fans.

I gave up my cash as did a lot of others when we went bust.....................

and at the moment those sareholders are responsible (though probably not personaly) for a £15million debt that they have to keep servicing. That seriously dtrtacts from the value of the club.

The ahareholders are kidding themselves if they think the club is worth serious cash.

And who is going to buy the stadium? the Tigers... a market of one is not an ideal way to maximise the price you get for something...

So Radio Leicester say the bid is 3m with no plans for the stadium debt or playing budget.

The Merc say that the bid is around 25m with plans to buy the stadium and discussion to take place over addition playing funds.

I'm confused...

IMO, he wouldnt of even got a meeting based on that.

The Merc say that the bid is around 25m with plans to buy the stadium and discussion to take place over addition playing funds.

I'm confused...

Easy peasy

They are all a set of the most useless lazy journalists you are ever likely to meet, and are being fed with lies and spin from all angles

Nope - whoever was left with the residue would also have the debt

Only if you could sell the residue, otherwise you've stripped an asset you still own and can't offload because it's carrying so much debt. you'd be right up the creek!

"You cannot hope to bribe or twist,
Thank God, the British journalist.
But seeing what theman will do
Unbribed, there's no occasion to"

Humbert Wolfe, 1886-1940

So he has confirmed, he wants to remove the stadium debt...

I'm sure he won't be 'removing' the stadium debt, he'll just be moving the debt. For example he could pay off Teachers using money he's loaned to the club himself. That may mean we have to pay less interest, or it could be structured so we only have to pay it when we get promoted for example, but it won't remove the debt.

I'm sure he won't be 'removing' the stadium debt, he'll just be moving the debt. For example he could pay off Teachers using money he's loaned to the club himself. That may mean we have to pay less interest, or it could be structured so we only have to pay it when we get promoted for example, but it won't remove the debt.

Or part of his investment pays it off, meaning no interest, but it adds to the value of the club when he comes to sell it and in the mean-time the club hasn't had to pay any interest on it so that cash goes into developing the club instead... maybe?

Or part of his investment pays it off, meaning no interest, but it adds to the value of the club when he comes to sell it and in the mean-time the club hasn't had to pay any interest on it so that cash goes into developing the club instead... maybe?

Unlikely. His 'investment' has so far always been loans to clubs rather than direct investment.

But it could remove the payments on the debt until we are in a better position to pay it or at least reduce the payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669