New ex-players (and managers) thread

Patrick Kisnorbo in the studio for Australian Fox Sports coverage of today's matches and just announced immediate retirement from playing.

Patrick Kisnorbo in the studio for Australian Fox Sports coverage of today's matches and just announced immediate retirement from playing.
After carelessly giving his microphone away to his co-host but executing an incredible last-ditch tackle to win it back.

Harry Panayiotou (not an ex-player, I know) scores past Conrad Logan in the Scottish Championship play-off.

Sad news emerging this evening that Frank Worthington has been diagnosed with Alzheimers.
Alzheimers should be worried, no doubt Frank will have him wearing a cowboy hat and boots, before he knows what's hit him.

That is seriously bad news, always a larger than life character and a charming man. I had the privilege of meeting him a couple of times, yes in a nightclub.

Nuge and Knocky, two key players in getting us to where we are now, both starting in the Boro v Brighton promotion decider

Same for Knockaert in the same match. Both having a nice chat with each other during the stoppage for the injury.

For what it's worth, definate straight red for Brighton - nasty tackle.

For what it's worth, definate straight red for Brighton - nasty tackle.

I think it was a certainly nasty injury but not a nasty tackle at all.

Not playing Devil's Advocate here but.....I'm not sure that was even a foul, let alone a straight red card. Sure, the two players involved had a bit of a set to a minute or two beforehand but the guy clearly won the ball and his intention was to win the ball, not to injure the player. The ref pulled the yellow card until the injured Boro player slapped it out of his hand (is that a yellow or red card offence in itself?) and showed the ref his injury. Ref changed his mind and gave the red card. Even if it was a foul, I'm not sure the severity of the injury can upgrade a yellow to a red. I can see that red being rescinded.

Or, of course, I could be totally wrong.

I think it was a certainly nasty injury but not a nasty tackle at all.

Not playing Devil's Advocate here but.....I'm not sure that was even a foul, let alone a straight red card. Sure, the two players involved had a bit of a set to a minute or two beforehand but the guy clearly won the ball and his intention was to win the ball, not to injure the player. The ref pulled the yellow card until the injured Boro player slapped it out of his hand (is that a yellow or red card offence in itself?) and showed the ref his injury. Ref changed his mind and gave the red card. Even if it was a foul, I'm not sure the severity of the injury can upgrade a yellow to a red. I can see that red being rescinded.

Or, of course, I could be totally wrong.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663