New other teams´results

Status
Not open for further replies.
ManC lost at Anfield. Not so good news for us as they probably will be more focused ahead of our game.

I dunno, title over for them now, they'll be down i think, had they won, 2 points off Chelsea, they would have had a lot more focus.

Saw that Palace scored three more set pieces yesterday...making it 18 for the season. That's the difference between relegation and survival.

Our inability to take advantage of set pieces is Pearsons biggest failure.

We have to start capatilising on the chances we are being given by the others to drag our sorry arses out of this mess. Obviously the City game is going to be really difficult but if we can somehow snatch a point that will set us up nicely to go and feck it all up against Hull.....

Saw that Palace scored three more set pieces yesterday...making it 18 for the season. That's the difference between relegation and survival.

Our inability to take advantage of set pieces is Pearsons biggest failure.

Is this a case of we score from set pieces, then the players are great and to be applauded, but if we do not score it is the Managers fault, not the players?

At what point do the players take responsibility for their ineptitude on the pitch?

Is this a case of we score from set pieces, then the players are great and to be applauded, but if we do not score it is the Managers fault, not the players?

At what point do the players take responsibility for their ineptitude on the pitch?

When it comes to set pieces it's absolutely a coaching staffs responsibility. I'd actually argue it's one of the most important roles a manager has.

Generally I've never bought into blaming players not managers...mostly because a manager buys the players and picks the team he wants.

Failing to clear the 1st man corner after corner is infuriating, a manager should be able to rely on any one of 11 players on the pitch to take a decent corner, it's not hard.

Failing to clear the 1st man corner after corner is infuriating, a manager should be able to rely on any one of 11 players on the pitch to take a decent corner, it's not hard.

From the stats I just saw, we're not the worst though. Liverpool, Hull and one other were about as bad. Ours are sit buts it not the main reason, in my opinion. Individual mistakes have cost us far more.

It's not just a problem we have, a lot of teams hit the first defender too often. The best corners are those that are whipped in, making it difficult for the goalkeeper to come for them, and difficult for defenders to deal with. To do that you need to only just clear the first defender. That's why so many end up hitting the first defender, because there's not much margin for error. Playing higher floated in corners is easier, but also easy to defend against.

It's not just a problem we have, a lot of teams hit the first defender too often. The best corners are those that are whipped in, making it difficult for the goalkeeper to come for them, and difficult for defenders to deal with. To do that you need to only just clear the first defender. That's why so many end up hitting the first defender, because there's not much margin for error. Playing higher floated in corners is easier, but also easy to defend against.

Yes, the same reason why so many 1st services hit the top of the net in tennis.

I think we would get more from corners if more than 10% of them beat the 1st man.

They may be more dangerous but nothing is less dangerous than giving it to the 1st defender in sight.

I think we would get more from corners if more than 10% of them beat the 1st man.

Our delivery is poor but our attacking the cross is much worse. Frankly, we could have the best corner taker in the world and we'd score none with the lack of enthusiasm, ambition and intelligence shown by our players in the box.

I've decided that Hull beating S'Land is a good result for us.

Let Hull pull away and put Sunderland in the shit.

Not me I think Hull will go down, come on Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669