Post Match Newcastle 0 Leicester 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is extraordinary that we're top of the league but I'm going to get slightly annoyed by pundits talking about it in a 'pat the small boy on the head' kind of way.

If I were our billionaire owners right now, I'd stick in a £70m bid for Aguero or something. Seriously too, making it public. That would make the fecking world stop dead in their tracks.

Maybe I'm getting slightly carried away.

I said the same to my Dad today. Bollocks to them, let's sign Zlaten.

In all seriousness though, this could be a huge opportunity for our owners to really push on. Heady times.

The speed of our football, and the strength and stamina of our players is simply astounding.

This is the best Leicester team ever, unless there was a better outfit before the Matt Gillies era.

Erm, my 2016 holiday plans were officially put on hold last night, and she actually agrees :)

This team is becoming an icon, we have a style, the Leicester way.

I love Claudio to the point of tears

Most of us on here, and indeed most football fans everywhere, are confused about what has happened to our beloved Leicester City. Why has the universe been turned on its head?

Actually it was inevitable, thanks to quantum physics. We live in an on-going multiverse of almost infinite possibilities. At each decision point, at each junction where there are two possibilities, the universe splits following each one down its path until the next decision point. Each of these universes is real and legitimate. Naturally, after narrowly losing to Spurs 4-3 last year we would all (except Homer who was always staying up) expect to follow the usual Leicester City fan gloom route.

So probability decreed in that universe, the victory over West Ham never happened and City remain grounded at the foot of the table. There would be no Great Escape, or fated holiday to Thailand, Pearson remained in charge, Vardy was sold, and Pearson’s son was made captain. That’s the universe we usually live in; right? Not this time – because in this universe, this time, the ‘team’ and our present ‘us’ excelled; improbable but not impossible events occurred and each time the quantum split arrived (forgetting Chelsea) the pinball flipper of fate hurtled our present selves through the WIN slit. And it continues to this day, meaning, that in all possible universes, in this one, (and maybe a few others) we are TOP OF THE LEAGUE !

On this glorious morning we should spare a thought for our other quantum counterparts, the losers in the randomness of the quantum split, who wake up to find that even the re-appointment of Ian Holloway could not prevent us losing 4-0 to Brentford.

Special special times at our club, and this is far from a fluke or a series of lucky results. What a team, we have pace, spirit, ability and desire in abundance.

Great performance by Vardy and truly amazing achievement, however more importantly a goal apiece for both Ulloa and Shinji will do their confidence a power of good.

Also the unbelievable tactical awareness shown by Claudio, seems to get his team selections and tactics right al,out every week, and his substitutions always seem to have a positive impact. Amazing times.

I am beginning to love these Sunday mornings. Wake with that momentary vagueness of where you are, the fuzzy head of the beers the night before and then, ... the glorious dawning that once again we won AND WAIT! We're top of the league! MOTD recorded, sausages in the fridge, happy days!

Chaps.. Seriously, I haven't been to as many matches this season as I would like. Those who have, how good are we?

We've had some special days in cup competitions, promotion chases and play off dramas. Great adventures that sustain us because we're not a team that really do anything much in the top league.

I wasn't around the last time we fought it out at the top of the league for a sustained period of time. That was in 1963. If we can kick around the top four for a while longer, this will have to go down as the best season we've had since that one.

The only time I can remember feeling this good about us in the league was when we beat Sunderland 5-2 in March 2000. That day, it felt like we were a match for anyone. And that's where we are again today.

However, the reality of March 2000 was that we were a mid-table team. We moved onto 38 points from 26 matches (10 point from the next 13 games would equal this). We were nowhere near challenging for the top positions. And then we sold Heskey, O'Neill left and it all started to disintegrate.

Maybe today is the pinnacle of our season. Soak up the moment because it may well be true. But what if it isn't? I think this season is open for anyone really and so far we've got better results than anyone.

If we slide into relegation form for the rest of the season, we'll still probably finish higher than any season since 2000. If we play the next 25 matches like we played the last 25 last season, we'll finish around 6th or 7th. If we continue to punch above our weight, we might actually be able to match that 1963 team and finish 4th (it would require about 1.7 points per game from here on in).

None of those things are unrealistic. I think winning the title is, but nothing much else.

What didn't we do in 1963 and 2000? We didn't look beyond and invest towards sustaining the form we found. We didn't keep what worked and add to it. This time we could actually do those things.

And that's what is most exciting.

This season is just ****ing brilliant isn't it? Top of the league, Vardy levelling a Premier League record (with one of the league's best ever strikers) and an emphatic away win.

I keep thinking it's going to stop but we keep going. It's truly unbelievable.

I'd still take avoiding a relegation scrap at the end of the season to be honest - but now I'm thinking maybe Europe is a possibility after all!

We've got a really tough run coming up from now until the new year and I expect our current form to slow - but the way we're playing and the uncertain form of many of the clubs we're playing makes me think it shouldn't be a disaster period.

This is the best team I've ever seen in Leicester shirts. A couple of quality additions in January could make this season even more historic.

Most of us on here, and indeed most football fans everywhere, are confused about what has happened to our beloved Leicester City.

article-2622353-1DA250E700000578-416_634x422.jpg

What quality additions?

They are only quality if they can make an immediate impact. Vardy has taken 3 seasons to become brilliant.

Name a striker, available in January and willing to move because he only makes the bench, and/or would be released, playing as well as Vardy is?

When Ranieri says he does not need anyone in January, I think the hidden message is that it would need to be Messi or Ronaldo to take a risk on upsetting the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566