Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Glen Roder

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Simon Grayson

Votes: 15 12.9%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the funniest bit of this whole ordeal I've seen so far..

Was just looking on ##### to see if they have odds on who our next manager will be, which I couldn't find. They do however have odds on next Championship manager to be sacked... with "Next permanent Leicester manager" coming in at 13/1... 9th "favourite" after Paul Simpson, Brian Laws, George Burley, Simon Davey, Simon Grayson (weird one), Peter Taylor, Phil Brown and Tony Mowbray,
"Next permanent Leicester manager" is more likely to be the next gaffer sacked than John Gregory, Alan Pardew, Iain Dowie, Bryan Robson etc..
Thought it was quite funny... but at the same time a sad reflection on the uncertainty that this club goes through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roeder, Reid, Megson bloody Pleat :mad: FFS whos in charge of this football club the old board who had no ambition nor finances or a ambitious chairman who wants results. If these stories are true about these 4 being in the running then I am for one scared :icon_eek:

Out of all the names mentioned I would most like to see Warnock as manager. Would be a good character and could attract better players not only this but he has proven he can form a promotion looking side in this league. He wants said we "cheated" the system. FFS get over it, if all these rumours are true then Warnock I say. (I await to get a lot of abuse)

I agree, other than Jewell, Colin Wanker would be the best bet. I would prefer the largely unproven Grayson over the other reprobates.

SIlver - my first impression after all of this is that you are right, nobody with a strong will could work with MM. We are making assumptions here though - maybe MM was not trying to pick the team or force certain signings per se, but was dismayed with MA2's plan for moving forward - maybe they were not as ambitious as his own. We may never know (please tell us Newts, Bob Hazel et al if you ever find out).

I suppose what has clearly come out in the fans frustration is that, whatever else MA did wrong, he brought some grit and passion to the club, a bit of the Foxes Never Quit spirit, including his (farewell?) walk on to the pitch last Saturday. I think a lot of fans fear his replacement will be a spineless 'yes-man' who will quietly sit in the dugout. Maybe, wrongly, the fans were harking back to the animated days of MON bursting blood vessels on the touchline. I was! On that basis alone Warnock would get my vote.

i don't think jewel would join us i think he's waiting for a prem job to come up,i hope it's not colin wanker imo he will be shit,no thanks to gary smegson or glen rodeo,how about gerard houllier done good at lyon last season then resigned,but who knows it;s upto milan he would probably like javier clemente or savo milosevic.

its gotta b PJ, we all know what warnock is like, roder has no passion and i feel grayson isnt a brillaint manager atm, even tho yes they got promoted and beat us, just think jewell is the best choice...wouldnt mind seeing coleman take the job...:102:

how about gary mac??
I was just having this conversation about 10 minutes ago. I'd like to see him working alongside somebody to gain some experience. I like his attitude and like him as a a person, if he encourages the type of football he used to play then I'd be all for it.

Where does he stand with regards his qualifications?

I was just having this conversation about 10 minutes ago. I'd like to see him working alongside somebody to gain some experience. I like his attitude and like him as a a person, if he encourages the type of football he used to play then I'd be all for it.

Where does he stand with regards his qualifications?

think he mightve got a C in physics apart from that i dont know :102:

Last edited:
Hmmmm....

Next manager.....

Poll?

:eek:

I think this is the funniest bit of this whole ordeal I've seen so far..

Was just looking on ##### to see if they have odds on who our next manager will be, which I couldn't find. They do however have odds on next Championship manager to be sacked... with "Next permanent Leicester manager" coming in at 13/1... 9th "favourite" after Paul Simpson, Brian Laws, George Burley, Simon Davey, Simon Grayson (weird one), Peter Taylor, Phil Brown and Tony Mowbray,
"Next permanent Leicester manager" is more likely to be the next gaffer sacked than John Gregory, Alan Pardew, Iain Dowie, Bryan Robson etc..
Thought it was quite funny... but at the same time a sad reflection on the uncertainty that this club goes through.

Heard on talk sport today that Rodgers has been cut from 13/2 to 6/4 favourite to be made manager.

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?back=true&key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|6290263182007299819331&parentkey=1D29|0|2185366269754|p|536|0

Last edited by a moderator:
Graham Poll, he fancied a career change.

Interesting that Warnock is ahead of Roeder despite not being liked around these parts(!). Which shows good judgement on the part of the voters!! He might not be liked, but he is a damn sight a better manager than Roeder ('Roeder to nowhere')
ps I voted Jewell, but failing that I'd have no real problem with Warnock. Maybe the Chelsea reserve coach as long as MM is absolutely SURE of him. It's a big step up and a totally different challenge.

Last edited:
I would have thought "experience at the highest level" would have ruled out Chelsea reserves coach.

Heard on talk sport today that Rodgers has been cut from 13/2 to 6/4 favourite to be made manager.
QUOTE]

The bookies always know! Well 95 times out of 100 they do (often, those privy to the info stick a wedge of money on it and thus the odds get cut, its often so.)

I would have thought "experience at the highest level" would have ruled out Chelsea reserves coach.

Agreed. But it fits with MM's press leaks before the actual dismissal itself. One was that he was actually going to do it - and the other was that he fancied this Rogers chap from Chelsea.
He would be hungry enough, given he's not a manager at the moment, to take the risk perhaps of signing for Milan 'trigger happy' Manderic.
Maybe Milan's nickname should change from 'Mandy' to either 'Trigger' or 'The Smiling Assassin'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669