Next season rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been at work for a 12 hour shift today.... came home, optimistically perhaps, expecting some news of a new signing.... or at least a juicy rumour about a new signing.

And instead, all I got was this 1 poxy insignifcant rumour, about a player I've never heard of, in a position we're unlikely to sign anyone in?

Gutted I tell thee. Gutted!

Last edited:
from our favourite rumour site:

Leicester City are poised to make a £1.7 million smash–and–grab offer for Ghana international striker Matthew Amoah. The 28–year–old, who currently plays for Dutch side NAC Breda, has been their top goalscorer two seasons running, and has an impressive strike rate of 1 in 2, having scored 25 goals in 50 appearances for the club. Breda are wanting to cash in on the striker while they can, as Amoah is keen to pursue a career in England having previously played in Germany with Borussia Dortmund.

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson is desperate to solve his team's lack of striking options, and as the season draws nearer he is ready to break open the big money for the 5'10" pacy frontman. Amoah will only be Pearson's second signing over £1 million, and the deal will almost double his earnings at Breda. Having missed out on several strikers in the pre–season, Pearson is working overtime to finalise the deal in time for Leicester's opening match versus Swansea.

£1.7M ?? I don't think it does.

I understand we tabled a bid of similar amount for Simon Cox, so being as we didn't sign him, I presume that money is still available.

I know we have spent a decent amount on Wellens, and £200k up front for N'Guessan, but I was under the impression that these deals were already being negotiated whilst we were trying to sign Cox.

I understand we tabled a bid of similar amount for Simon Cox, so being as we didn't sign him, I presume that money is still available.

I know we have spent a decent amount on Wellens, and £200k up front for N'Guessan, but I was under the impression that these deals were already being negotiated whilst we were trying to sign Cox.

According to this link we paid 400,ooo for N'Guessan:

http://www.theimp.lincolnfans.co.uk/news1948.shtml

But I agree with NF this is viable because there was money on the table for Cox.IMO would be a great signing.

You can never be too sure of the quality when you buy from Eredivisie

The Dutch league is a right goal fest and for every Van Nistelrooy theres an Alfonso Alves - would be an adventerous signing though....

Last edited:
People talk about just using the money from the potential Cox deal but hasn't that money now gone on buying Wellens and N'Guessan?

People talk about just using the money from the potential Cox deal but hasn't that money now gone on buying Wellens and N'Guessan?

Are you saying that I should actually read other people posts?!

A poster on chavtalk reckons we might be after Gregor Raziak. Most probably a complete load of tosh but I think he would be good cover for Howard.

A poster on chavtalk reckons we might be after Gregor Raziak. Most probably a complete load of tosh but I think he would be good cover for Howard.

I thought that Rasiak and Saganowski were bot going Swansea :icon_conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00