Post Match Norwich 0 Leicester 2

Winks is the bollocks. Vesty, Hamza and Hermansen superb.

KDH much improved from last few appearances as were Doyle and Faes in the second half.

Really enjoy watching us tonight and it's been years since i've been able to say that.

One thing that is becoming glaringly obvious as the weeks roll round and we get used to Enzo's methods, is this form of playing, keeping the ball with purpose with good defensive shape when we don't have the ball (rather than keeping it for no reason whatsoever - Brodgers, nobody in this league can even get close to it. Was almost embarrassing watching Norwich trying to do something similar to us when in possession, as was it watching Southampton implode attempting it last Friday.

Onto Saturday!!

There's a few folk surprised by Vestergaard. He was always a very competent player, we (Rodgers) just had no idea how to use him properly. He was very good at Southampton and has been excellent at international level. He's not going to move any faster than a tortoise with rickets and his turning circle is larger than that of Boc's barge but you have to account for that when you set up. He is never going to be a world class defender and he will be caught out from time to time but he's solid enough given the right shape and defensive partners.

He's been great for the most part this season despite some of the daftness posted on here.

Horrid to watch at times. My nerves are shot.
Really? I was never worried. We look like a rolls Royce of a championship team. We will lose the odd game but enjoy it because at this rate we are going to absolutely piss the league.

That was enjoyable. We weren’t perfect but when we came under pressure we handled it. I’d forgotten what it’s like to watch us defend a league and not feel a crushing sense of inevitability that we’d **** it up, let alone pinch a second goal and kill the contest.

Loving Kasey McAteer. Works his bollocks off and has a knack for a goal. We’d never have seen him in the first team had we not got relegated and someone else would have had a very handy player on their books. In the Prem he wouldn’t have been offered a tap in moments after missing a free header at an open goal but hey, he’s only going to get better.

Winks and Vesty both on 4 yellows, is it still a 1 game at 5 yellows?

Okay, time to reassess.

I cannot continue to see the opponents ineptitude as the reason for our winning. We are confusing the feck out of the teams we face. They can't work out what to do and so we just wait for them to give up.

Many teams are trying to play out from the back and look utterly dreadful doing it. We look calm and assured. That's down to the shape of the team and the options that are available at all times with Winks at the heart of it.

The personnel we select don't really matter. Ze system . . .

I've seen enough from Winks to know he's a fabulous signing. Likewise Hermansen. Fatawu looks so exciting to me as well, although I think he appears to be a nightmare to make do anything.

Let's get it right, we should piss this league. We have so many advantages over the rest that anything other than a top two finish is a failure. Having said that, the extent of the challenge of 30+ squad changes and a completely new style means that what we're doing so far is very impressive.

Five significant changes, yet we are still doing the right things in the right places and everyone absolutely knows their job. This squad is going places and the spirit in the camp looks incredible

May all go horribly wrong, of course, but I’m ****ing loving this season so far

KDH’s pass was ‘a little slotty’ according to McAteer :icon lol:

I'm beginning to think Mavididi could be a very, very important player for us this season. I like him. A lot.

He'll have some rubbish games for us, he's that type of player but for the most part, he'll cause lots of defences, many problems.

Downside is Nacho, who is ****ing way off the pace of this whole thing

It might sound ****ing insane, but sooner give Daka a go than watch him again

Hopefully after scoring the penalty today, Nacho can find his flow a bit now.

He should be banging them in at this level, and should work well in this system...

There's a few folk surprised by Vestergaard. He was always a very competent player, we (Rodgers) just had no idea how to use him properly. He was very good at Southampton and has been excellent at international level. He's not going to move any faster than a tortoise with rickets and his turning circle is larger than that of Boc's barge but you have to account for that when you set up. He is never going to be a world class defender and he will be caught out from time to time but he's solid enough given the right shape and defensive partners.

He's been great for the most part this season despite some of the daftness posted on here.

Narrow boat I believe it’s called.

Really? I was never worried. We look like a rolls Royce of a championship team. We will lose the odd game but enjoy it because at this rate we are going to absolutely piss the league.
I was a nervous wreck for most of the second half.

Kasey Mcateer the first name on the team sheet. The engine on this lad is unbelievable. Love a homegrown player, me.

Fatawu as an option off the bench is an absolute pisstake. He's a squillion miles too good for this league.

Thought Hamza was superb tonight. Lovely to see him doing well.
Agreed 100%. What a time Kasey’s having.

The difference between this and the Prem, Fassnacht dallied on the ball on the edge of our box and lashed it over the bar instead of playing Barnes in. Minutes later he shoved Mavididi over and conceded a pen.

Against any Prem side the ball gets to the striker and ends up in our net.

It’s a great environment to learn how to play a system like this because even the best teams in the league won’t punish mistakes. It’s just about making fewer mistakes than the opposition at this level, no one is going to outplay or outrun this squad.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663