**** off you ****ing *****

Status
Not open for further replies.
You arent trying to tell me how our tactics are wrong and how well Hume played on the wing though.

Its clear Hume is a stopgap on the wing and he's there because IH missed out on a target he had in mind for that position.I wouldn't chastise Hume for not being very good on the Right Wing because he's not a Right Winger.

I wouldn't be so sure of Billy Davis, I accept he achieved promotion with Derby but that was with a lot of lucky 1-0 wins, including against us. At PNE, he was keeping them towards, if not in, the play-off positions, but struggled to cross the finish line. His choice of purchases at Derby were poor for the prem, there were better players available for free, but wouldn't have them because he didn't want their ego's in the dressing room. He also left Derby because of a major falling out with the new chairman because he was making excessive demands.

I agree Davis could probably move us up the table, but I don't think he would be a long term solution.

Bollocks I live in Preston and what Davies achieved there was fantastic considering the resources at his disposal. Plus he had an excellent eye for players especially from the lower leagues. Both Simon Whalley and David Nugent were relative unknowns when Davies signed them.

How do you know what players were available and willing to sign for Derby. He did an excellent job for the Rams, taking over a side that had only just escaped relegation and taking them up in his first season was a fantastic achievement but the truth was because of the instant success they werent prepared or equipped to compete at that level.

As for lucky 1-0 wins I would take a fecking boat load of them at present it sure beats the run of unlucky defeats we keep suffering, plus I don't agree with that statement anyway, both Preston and Derby were resilient sides who played to their strengths like we did in our promotion campaign under Adams.

If we did manage to get Davies here there is now way we would be the soft touches we have been for so long now.

Ollie or Davies now let me think which one I would prefer to have managing my club.

Bollocks I live in Preston and what Davies achieved there was fantastic considering the resources at his disposal. Plus he had an excellent eye for players especially from the lower leagues. Both Simon Whalley and David Nugent were relative unknowns when Davies signed them.

How do you know what players were available and willing to sign for Derby. He did an excellent job for the Rams, taking over a side that had only just escaped relegation and taking them up in his first season was a fantastic achievement but the truth was because of the instant success they werent prepared or equipped to compete at that level.

As for lucky 1-0 wins I would take a fecking boat load of them at present it sure beats the run of unlucky defeats we keep suffering, plus I don't agree with that statement anyway, both Preston and Derby were resilient sides who played to their strengths like we did in our promotion campaign under Adams.

If we did manage to get Davies here there is now way we would be the soft touches we have been for so long now.

Ollie or Davies now let me think which one I would prefer to have managing my club.

I live in Derby, I know the lady who was the then Derby chairmans secretary, I also pick up the ex financial director of Derby and regularly some of the players (and egotistical ex players). My info on what happened after Derby got promoted is reliable.
Preston got to the play-offs (twice I think) under Davis, but couldn't crooss the finish line.
As I said, yes I think he would get us up the league, but I don't think he would be a long term solution, the same as I don't believe Holloway is.

I live in Derby, I know the lady who was the then Derby chairmans secretary, I also pick up the ex financial director of Derby and regularly some of the players (and egotistical ex players). My info on what happened after Derby got promoted is reliable.
Preston got to the play-offs (twice I think) under Davis, but couldn't crooss the finish line.
As I said, yes I think he would get us up the league, but I don't think he would be a long term solution, the same as I don't believe Holloway is.

Who is the solution then?

Been there, done that, cried with joy, cried with sorrow. I sympathise with those that are paying their hard earned and not seeing the desired results.
Unfortunately, on a lot of Saturdays I do social services contracts, which means (although I'm only a couple of miles from the Walkers) I don't get to as many games as would be acceptable to you lot. Just can't afford to go to away games. Hopefully that will change next season.

Well make your mind up, from the above posts it would appear that Derby is only a couple of miles from the Walkers :102:

Who is the solution then?

TBH, I haven't a clue. I just don't think there is that many good managers around, my choice is now at Sheffield Utd, but isn't doing so great there. I think we may need to look to the continent and bring in a manager who is used to just being given players and told to make them work. There would then be no argument over ''it's not his team'' or the like.

Maybe he lives in sheep country but works in Leicester?

It does say on my location, I moved here in my early 20's for work and am still here. It takes me about 50 mins from my house to the Walkers.
I see what you're refering to, my work takes me to Leicester on a regular basis.

Last edited:
TBH, I haven't a clue. I just don't think there is that many good managers around, my choice is now at Sheffield Utd, but isn't doing so great there. I think we may need to look to the continent and bring in a manager who is used to just being given players and told to make them work. There would then be no argument over ''it's not his team'' or the like.

I agree with that, and im also undecided on wether or not to stick with ollie. Can i make my choice when he either fails or succeeds?:icon_lol:

So you would rather have Kevin Blackwell who has won the square root of feck all promotions from this division over Billy Davies who has taken a team like Preston to the play offs twice and won promotion with Derby, FFS I give up.

Last edited:
One of the things I've learnt over the years is, even playing one player out of position can be enough to unbalance a team and unsettle it's rhythm. If players don't have confidence in the system they are playing or the position they are played in, they will often run around like headless chickens and not be as effective as they have been seen to be before. Sometimes it is better to play a less capable person in their natural position to keep the balance. That would mean possibly playing Bori down the right. If that is not a suitable alternative then the whole system needes to be changed. Steerman (on his day) is a capable wing back (IMO), therefore try a 5-3-2 formation, which I think would also suit Clemence a lot better. You need a play-maker, a defensive midfielder and an attacking midfielder to keep the balance in that formation.
Personally, I would play Hume and DJ up front. From the games I've seen, I think they would be far more of a threat.

Now you've got me here, have we got a system ? cos I've been to most of the matches this season, and the employment of one beggars belief

I've tried that argument before and got shot down, as usual, is it a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 ?

Or you have tried that 'argument' (and many others) and encountered a lot of people on here with differing opinions, often based on first hand observations, which you refuse to acknowledge in any way

But as you say:

I guess certain people on this site think they are so much better than everyone else.

Or you have tried that 'argument' (and many others) and encountered a lot of people on here with differing opinions, often based on first hand observations, which you refuse to acknowledge in any way

Just to correct myself, I actually asked the question on another forum as to whether it was a 4-4-2 with a striker out of position or 4-3-3. I've not actually had anyone be able to tell me the answer.

Just to correct myself, I actually asked the question on another forum as to whether it was a 4-4-2 with a striker out of position or 4-3-3. I've not actually had anyone be able to tell me the answer.

Well here you go

It's a 4-4-2, and has always been a 4-4-2 since Holloway arrived

don't worry guys, generally we have a decent side every 40 years, so only about another 30 to go and we'll be back in the Premiership.. perhaps that was what Milan was meant to have said, a 30 year plan :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669