**** off you ****ing *****

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2 previous changes i never voiced an opinion one way or the other. As for IH, i would like to see him move on.

I can also see some people are against change, im not saying they are wrong, im voicing what i think and what i think would be the rightmove.

We know MM will decide, whatever we think.
Only Nigle Worthington can sort this lot out!

Last edited:
But do you not agree that the whole team was playing in position last night? Barring possibly Hume but what option did we have until Etuhu came in? Thats what I see first hand so I'm not sure what you mean...

One of the things I've learnt over the years is, even playing one player out of position can be enough to unbalance a team and unsettle it's rhythm. If players don't have confidence in the system they are playing or the position they are played in, they will often run around like headless chickens and not be as effective as they have been seen to be before. Sometimes it is better to play a less capable person in their natural position to keep the balance. That would mean possibly playing Bori down the right. If that is not a suitable alternative then the whole system needes to be changed. Steerman (on his day) is a capable wing back (IMO), therefore try a 5-3-2 formation, which I think would also suit Clemence a lot better. You need a play-maker, a defensive midfielder and an attacking midfielder to keep the balance in that formation.
Personally, I would play Hume and DJ up front. From the games I've seen, I think they would be far more of a threat.

One of the things I've learnt over the years is, even playing one player out of position can be enough to unbalance a team and unsettle it's rhythm. If players don't have confidence in the system they are playing or the position they are played in, they will often run around like headless chickens and not be as effective as they have been seen to be before. Sometimes it is better to play a less capable person in their natural position to keep the balance. That would mean possibly playing Bori down the right. If that is not a suitable alternative then the whole system needes to be changed. Steerman (on his day) is a capable wing back (IMO), therefore try a 5-3-2 formation, which I think would also suit Clemence a lot better. You need a play-maker, a defensive midfielder and an attacking midfielder to keep the balance in that formation.
Personally, I would play Hume and DJ up front. From the games I've seen, I think they would be far more of a threat.

What are you basing this on? By your own admission you dont go to games so how do you know what will suit Clemence better?? Or that 'Steerman' is a capable wing back???

Last edited:

Aye - the two shortest men in the squad

That'll work well

What are you basing this on? By your own admission you dont go to games so how do you know what will suit Clemence better?? Or that 'Steerman' is a capable wing back???

Just because I've missed most of this seasons games, that hasn't always been the case. I'm going on what I have seen. I have seen people say that Steerman has had a drop in form compared to previous seasons, you will be able to tell if that is the case. Clemence ... going on seeing how he performed for Brum last season.

Aye - the two shortest men in the squad

That'll work well

Humes has a high work rate and seems to have the ability in him to jump and win flick-ons. If you just constantly play high balls into the box, or put high crosses in, height is of importance, but those types of crosses are meat and drink to tall centre backs, if you get behind the defence and play the ball in low, height is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Did it work the last 5 times? Some people believe the high turn around of managers is much to do with why we're not performing and i'm sure it has had an effect.

There is no stability, players don't know if they are coming or going. I wouldn't be surprised is at the first opportunity most would like to get the hell out of dodge (lcfc).

What is it now about 23 new players have come in since the summer and 6 managers since Kelly. How on earth can people bond, get use to systems etc with that going on. It's incredible!!!

That taken into consideration with the backing MM has given him in Jan we SHOULD be seeing better at the moment.

F**k me, I actually agree with that, although, with my thoughts on Holloway, I can see the other side too.

and we do that now by sacking Holloway? :icon_eek:

Would be a risk worth taking if we can get Billy Davies, whom I believe would be the man capable of grabbing the club by the scruff of the neck and turning us back into a club capable of challenging for promotion.

Would be a risk worth taking if we can get Billy Davies, whom I believe would be the man capable of grabbing the club by the scruff of the neck and turning us back into a club capable of challenging for promotion.

i think that would be my only reason to change things now if he were to come here

Just because I've missed most of this seasons games, that hasn't always been the case. I'm going on what I have seen. I have seen people say that Steerman has had a drop in form compared to previous seasons, you will be able to tell if that is the case. Clemence ... going on seeing how he performed for Brum last season.

But whats happened in previous seasons isnt in the slightest bit relevant.

So you watched Brum last season but not us??

Last edited:

I wouldn't be so sure of Billy Davis, I accept he achieved promotion with Derby but that was with a lot of lucky 1-0 wins, including against us. At PNE, he was keeping them towards, if not in, the play-off positions, but struggled to cross the finish line. His choice of purchases at Derby were poor for the prem, there were better players available for free, but wouldn't have them because he didn't want their ego's in the dressing room. He also left Derby because of a major falling out with the new chairman because he was making excessive demands.

I agree Davis could probably move us up the table, but I don't think he would be a long term solution.

But whats happened in previous seasons isnt in the slightest bit relevant.

So you watched Brum last season but not us??

Didn't you see any of his performances for Brum last season ?
His performances this season certainly don't reflect how he has played this season ... according to what people have said !

Didn't you see any of his performances for Brum last season ?
His performances this season certainly don't reflect how he has played this season ... according to what people have said !

I cant reply to your posts anymore. They and your opinions are all based on what 2nd hand information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669