Paul Dickov

Status
Not open for further replies.
That might be true, but at nearly every other club the manager is the one who talks to the media about players, not the owner.
If the owner is the one talking about potential signings it makes it look like he's the one deciding who to buy, whether he is or not.

Good point well made.

i would love to see dickov back here he has more fight and passion than all our other strikers put together,and i would imagine the reason he is taking so long to make his decision is that it will probably be his last move so i'm sure he wants to get it right.

i would love to see dickov back here he has more fight and passion than all our other strikers put together,and i would imagine the reason he is taking so long to make his decision is that it will probably be his last move so i'm sure he wants to get it right.

is seeing who throws the most money at him.

I don't want this wanker anywhere near our club.

is seeing who throws the most money at him.

I fear you may well be onto something there, BG - hence my current uncertainty over whether his 'possible' return would be a good thing or not....and I know 'they're all the same these footballing nomads', 'he's better than so-and-so', 'don't care who, just so long as we' etc etc.

I dont care if hes on 100k a week if he scores as many goals as he did last time for us and last season for blackpool.

Dont care if hes a wanker either, fact is on the pitch he does a good job.

It seems to me that there is a fair amount of double talk upon this board: with Holloway, we agreed that he was a 'nice bloke' but, not a good enough manager. The sentiment was expressed that we didn't care about niceness, and that a winning mentality was all that counted: some people even went as far as suggesting that the retention of Gary Megson would have been good for the club.
We now look to sign a player who, has always given 110% but, may not have 'I love Leicester City' carved through his soul; he is a money grabbing so and so!
If we are really only going to sign good eggs, who have supported the club from the moment of their inception and are successful footballers, may I suggest that we are going to struggle to turn out a five-a-side team.

Its a gamble, as all the other signings are really.

He scored goals for Blackpool at a higher level last season, If fit he will do the same here.

Just hope he doesn't upset the apple cart.

I dont care if hes on 100k a week if he scores as many goals as he did last time for us and last season for blackpool.

Dont care if hes a wanker either, fact is on the pitch he does a good job.

and what happens when he is on your £100K a week and does not score the anticipated goals?

Last edited:
On the contrary, being shorter, he will throw balls at our keepers from a slightly lower and more realistic angle, thus ensuring they improve immeasurably in a matter of days. A masterstroke!

IMO Dickov would be a decent addition to the squad, good goalscoring record, works hard for the team and not afraid to get stuck in. Given the other options available in the squad at present then to me its a no brainer, regardless of his past !!!

IMO Dickov would be a decent addition to the squad, good goalscoring record, works hard for the team and not afraid to get stuck in. Given the other options available in the squad at present then to me its a no brainer, regardless of his past !!!

All valid points, PFKA and I agree in the main....but something is worrying me about all this.

Given the choice between our current crop of strikers or our current crop of strikers + Dickov, I'll take the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566