Paul Ince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my first choice but I think I'd say yes to Keegan

Never ever going to happen,has absolutely no desire to return to football management I posted the interview so can people please stop mentioning Kevin Keegan in relation to the LCFC job...please:icon_roll

And his club was being "run" by a drunk overrated chef! I would hope that MM knows a bit more about helping a manager achieve than that silly cow!

women are not chefs, they are cooks

And his club was being "run" by a drunk overrated chef! I would hope that MM knows a bit more about helping a manager achieve than that silly cow!

And what was Rob Kelly's club being run by. About 50 shareholders that could not arrange a piss up in a brewery between them.

I don't understand why many people are convinced that Worthington is the man for us after 4 games, look at the run Kelly took us on last season!!

Last edited:
And what was Rob Kelly's club being run by. About 50 shareholders that could not arrange a piss up in a brewery between them.

I don't understand why many people are convinced that Worthington is the man for us after 4 games, look at the run Kelly took us on last season!!

Kelly Didn't change much though, he managed to ride the 'honeymoon period' for longer than some. When he started implementing his own ideas, like our 'advanced' pre season training, things went wrong.

I would say no to ince.

Between Coleman and NW i thinks its a choice of ideals.

Coleman would probably go for an instant promotion push. and if he fails we start over again the next season.

NW would be more likely to build a team over a couple of seasons that would probably fare better in the long run.

IMO what we need next season is to build some foundations of a team. Our playing side is an utter mess at the moment, no leaders, no long serving players, and an inadequate coaching set-up. we need to get the set-up right before we can hope to succeed.

For me NW is the best for this out of Him, Coleman and Ince.

I hope MM list consist of more options though.....

Oh those same shareholders who willing gave away 90% of their money to let Milan take over you mean.....

Kelly Didn't change much though, he managed to ride the 'honeymoon period' for longer than some. When he started implementing his own ideas, like our 'advanced' pre season training, things went wrong.

I would say no to ince.

Between Coleman and NW i thinks its a choice of ideals.

Coleman would probably go for an instant promotion push. and if he fails we start over again the next season.

NW would be more likely to build a team over a couple of seasons that would probably fare better in the long run.

IMO what we need next season is to build some foundations of a team. Our playing side is an utter mess at the moment, no leaders, no long serving players, and an inadequate coaching set-up. we need to get the set-up right before we can hope to succeed.

For me NW is the best for this out of Him, Coleman and Ince.

I hope MM list consist of more options though.....

Given Coleman has just managed in the Prem, how would you know what his approach would be?

Given Coleman has just managed in the Prem, how would you know what his approach would be?

he hasn't really made much of their youth system for a start.

considering player turnovers and my impression from his interviews he seems to not think far ahead.

Wortho for me has shown in the short time at the club that he is not afraid to make tough decisions and there is no doubt that he has installed much needed discipline, organisation, commitment amongst the squad.

He has also identified the fitness issues by introducing double training sessions, the benefits of which have clearly evident it proves he is not afraid to crack the whip.

There has been obvious concerns and comparisons raised to his permanent appointment based on our experiences with Kelly, but the big difference is that Worthington is an experienced manager whereas Kelly was a coach and a friend to the players and they reacted positively to his nicey nicey approach last season but then took advantage this season and the results were there for all to see, ill discipline and a lack of fitness.

Worthington on the other hand has achieved results and it appears earned the respect of the squad, he has not been afraid to deal with the bad apples amongst the squad and therefore IMO deserves the opportunity to continue his good work so far.

Last edited:
Can you see Worthington taking us to mid table in the premiership and pushing us that far forward in the next 5 years which is what Mandaric is talking about?

Can you see Worthington taking us to mid table in the premiership and pushing us that far forward in the next 5 years which is what Mandaric is talking about?

First of all we need to be in a position to win promotion to the premiership, we have failed to challenge for the past 3 years we need a manager who knows how to get out of this division and Wortho has that pedigree, once that is achieved then lets start looking at managers who can take us to the next level, lets walk before we try to run.

It would be a bit unfair to dump him straight after/if he gets us promoted? I personally cant see him fitting in here for the long run

I'd like to get a manager who plays attacking football, something we haven't seen down here for a while.

It would be a bit unfair to dump him straight after/if he gets us promoted? I personally cant see him fitting in here for the long run

I'd like to get a manager who plays attacking football, something we haven't seen down here for a while.

Sod attacking football, I want winning football - at the Champo level Worthington may be the man to do it.

Sod attacking football, I want winning football - at the Champo level Worthington may be the man to do it.

And then when we are there we might come straight back down again,we need to lok at the bigger picture and I have my doubts NW is up to managing in the Prem or do we sack him if he takes us up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669