Paul Ince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's try and get up first.........

But you need to plan ahead and look at the bigger picture.everyone points out Colemans poor away record but fail to point out that Norwich didn't win one game away from home in the Premier.I don't mind NW but I think some are getting blinded by 2 wins.He was out of work for 6 months maybe because nobody wanted him

Last edited:
Sod attacking football, I want winning football - at the Champo level Worthington may be the man to do it.

So you'd be content with watching us sit back and watch the opposition come at us for 90 mins then make our first sub at about the 85 mark as long as we win one nil or draw?

Personally, I'm fed up with watching this since MA took charge, look at all the teams in and around the top, Sunderland, Derby, Birmingham all like to play attacking football. I'd like to be entertained again.

HF - I agree with your point about Wortho

So you'd be content with watching us sit back and watch the opposition come at us for 90 mins then make our first sub at about the 85 mark as long as we win one nil or draw?

We have got to get a winning mentality first, by all means try to play attractive football, but winning has to be the main task. I'm fed up with watching us lose, and some of that, I agree, is because we have been too defensive, especially away from home under Levein and the Kelly, so hopefully there is a happy medium.

We have got to get a winning mentality first, by all means try to play attractive football, but winning has to be the main task. I'm fed up with watching us lose, and some of that, I agree, is because we have been too defensive, especially away from home under Levein and the Kelly, so hopefully there is a happy medium.

Lets hope so :icon_wink

Personally, I'm fed up with watching this since MA took charge, look at all the teams in and around the top, Sunderland, Derby, Birmingham all like to play attacking football. I'd like to be entertained again.

HF - I agree with your point about Wortho

I could watch us for 89 minutes playing drab football, with the other team all over us, then we break away and score a 1-0 win.... winning is all that matters to me.
feck fancy football, give me the win

I could watch us for 89 minutes playing drab football, with the other team all over us, then we break away and score a 1-0 win.... winning is all that matters to me.

Hence why you go and watch italian football :icon_wink

That's where are opinions differ then, I'lll agree to disagree :icon_bigg

That's where are opinions differ then, I'lll agree to disagree :icon_bigg

so you like to see us play really good, nice flowing football and then lose?...:icon_conf

I cannot believe that for a second, getting wacked week in week out is no good at all even if we play nice football.

Give me a 1-0 scrappy win anyday and I go home happy

so you like to see us play really good, nice flowing football and then lose?...:icon_conf

I cannot believe that for a second, getting wacked week in week out is no good at all even if we play nice football.

Give me a 1-0 scrappy win anyday and I go home happy

Dont be daft, of course I want to see us win :icon_roll

Why does it have to be one or the other, I'd like to see us do both...win games by playing attacking (not fancy or attractive) football :102:

Dont be daft, of course I want to see us win :icon_roll

Why does it have to be one or the other, I'd like to see us do both...win games by playing attacking (not fancy or attractive) football :102:

will never happen......

Why do people assume that if Wortho was to be appointed and we were to win promotion that he would automatically take us straight back down again, just because he has suffered relegation in the past with Norwich does not mean the same fate would follow with us.

There are many examples of managers who have suffered relegation the season after taking an unfancied team to promotion, this is usually down to the team over achieving and then suffering due to lack of finance or resources rather than the managers inability :

For example

Alan Curbishley - Charlton
Steve Tilson - Southend
Aidy Boothroyd - Watford
Jock Wallace - Leicester

Why do people assume that if Wortho was to be appointed and we were to win promotion that he would automatically take us straight back down again, just because he has suffered relegation in the past with Norwich does not mean the same fate would follow with us.

There are many examples of managers who have suffered relegation the season after taking an unfancied team to promotion, this is usually down to the team over achieving and then suffering due to lack of finance or resources rather than the managers inability :

For example

Steve Tilson - Southend
Aidy Boothroyd - Watford

Curbishley has had all the money he wanted since Jan and is now struggling to keep his side in the top division.

Tilson is back in League 1 and Boothroyd is relegated as well...what makes you a good manager then? Surely relegation doesn't help

For example

Steve Tilson - Southend
Aidy Boothroyd - Watford
Jock Wallace - Leicester

Well over-rated IMO.
You want NW I think we have gathered that and thats your choice,it doesn't mean we are all going to want him.I prefer Coleman and theres not one thing you can say that will change my mind.I actually think Ince will get it and we will have a Director of Football.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670