Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so let's keep Pearson for 2 more years, lose all of our best players to Premier League teams, slide inexorably towards administration, League one and all that comes with that. Yep, that will benefit the club and the players and the fans. Sorry, but that just makes you a ****.

If we are losing players to Premier League teams then they are good enough to do a job here. Why aren't they showing it?

Ok, so let's keep Pearson for 2 more years, lose all of our best players to Premier League teams, slide inexorably towards administration

So the alternative is to pay off Pearson with a suitcase full of cash, buy in a new manager and bank-roll his list of new players, still fail to get into the Premier League and slide inexorably towards administration?

The case for Pearson staying seems mainly based on seeking stability. Unfortunately for me that stability includes staying in this division.

If spending our way out of what isn't really a crisis is the alternative, then what's wrong with staying in this division?

If we are losing players to Premier League teams then they are good enough to do a job here. Why aren't they showing it?

Some of them are ... Marshall, King, Moore (or will be soon).

So the alternative is to pay off Pearson with a suitcase full of cash, buy in a new manager and bank-roll his list of new players, still fail to get into the Premier League and slide inexorably towards administration?

Do you really think that sticking with Pearson for the next two years is the answer then?

If spending our way out of what isn't really a crisis is the alternative, then what's wrong with staying in this division?

There's nothing wrong with staying in this division. However, I believe the owners have other ideas.

Last edited:
Do you really think that sticking with Pearson for the next two years is the answer then?

Some of the happiest people I know are happy because they are content with what they have got and not always hankering after something better.

There's nothing wrong with staying in this division. However, I believe the owners have other ideas.

Perhaps the owners are part of the problem then. And perhaps if they don't realise that, the problem will get worse.

Very valid point - but I don't believe that either the owners or (most of) the fans will go with that. They want more - much, much more.

The policy of relatively big spending was always fraught with danger for the long term sustainability of the club. But I believe that the owners will take the view that they need to gamble on quickly getting promotion. I think they have already committed to restricting spending but take the view that Pearson has already been given sufficient resources to do the job.

A couple of home wins may cheer up the troops but I doubt if it will convince the owners. Pearson so far has failed to convince that he can get consistently decent results in the trickier fixtures.

Personally I think he is a bust flush but that is not to say that things will significantly improve without him.

If by that you are indicating a lack of confidence in our owners selecting the right manager, I would agree. To go from Sven to Pearson was ridiculous - not because of Pearson's ability, but because their management styles are diametrically opposed. Should you be implying that it is not possible to use cash to get a team to the Premier League, then words fail me.

From good old Foxestalk

Do they mean us.....

Richard Keys just said on Talksport that he has heard that Harry Redknapp is set to come back into football, a deal has been set up. When pressed by Andy Gray, Keys said it wasn't a premiership club, and the deal will only happen if the current manager doesn't improve results quickly.

Personally I think we've played ok so far, started slowly in 2 games that has really cost us, but that aside the performances have been good. He's put together a very young squad and that's going to take some time for them to adapt from Reserve football to 1st team.

Don't get me wrong NP has made some strange decisions regarding personnel, substitutes etc.. and he is clearly under massive pressure from within the club. But we are winning at home and as Micky Adams used to say win your homes and average a point away and we'll go up.

Well win MOST of our home games and average even 1/2 a point from the aways and we'll be in and around the playoffs.

If we had been playing really badly not creating chances, not testing their keeper then fair enough. But we have, and we've played 2 of the 3 teams that were Premier League clubs last year away from home, teams who are expected to all be chasing automatic places, plus we've played Blackpool who will definitely be around the playoffs, and then there's last years League 1 champions who have come up full of confidence and are always difficult to play at their own ground early in the season.

All in all I see no reason for people to be throwing them selves over board, slitting their wrists or even worse becoming Florist fans!!

Give him and the team time, give them your support and the results will come.

In the words of the Gary Barlow "Have a little patience"

Personally I think he [Pearson] is a bust flush but that is not to say that things will significantly improve without him.

If only everybody would realise the absolute truth of your latter point.

Should you be implying that it is not possible to use cash to get a team to the Premier League, then words fail me.

If you were to imply that the corollary were true, that using cash will get a team into the Premier League, then words would fail me too.

What I am indicating is that over the past 10 years or so we have gone from manager to manager with no really positive effect. From having a board with no real leader, we have gone to owners with no real idea. I would prefer everybody to reflect on what has gone wrong and spend a little time, and no more money, putting it right.

Agree mostly with Ch4mbo's post below.

I am a Pearson fan. If we stick with him, I think we will be there or there abouts this year and, if we don't go up, I would be very confident that he will succeed next year.

I am clearly in the minority. However, in the same way that I can't currently prove myself to be correct, neither can those who think Pearson isn't the man for the job. The fact is that both sides need more proof. Five league games into his "first" full season is a ridiculously short period of time to judge his abilities to succeed. It would be absolute madness to even contemplate getting rid of him at this stage. I'm yet to see any well reasoned, sensible argument against this view.

Agree mostly with Ch4mbo's post below.

I am a Pearson fan. If we stick with him, I think we will be there or there abouts this year and, if we don't go up, I would be very confident that he will succeed next year.

I am clearly in the minority.

You might be in a minority describing yourself as a fan, but I'd doubt that you're in a minority among people that want him to stay.
Unfortunately, the 'Sack him cuz we ain't not won the Premier yet or nuffink' crowd tend to be a bit more vocal.

Unless you are offfering HR 3 mill per season and a big budget I think you will need to lower your sights to a manager more suited to clubs of our size.

So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot

How about Paranoid Android with 'Wayne Brown' instead of 'Rain down'? Not really relevant I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670